Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 sedona

rhonsman
02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Hello. Have been eyeballing the 2006 sedona. Can any sedona owners give me any feedback on reliability etc.

MeettheCreeper
02-06-2006, 02:08 PM
Hello. Have been eyeballing the 2006 sedona. Can any sedona owners give me any feedback on reliability etc.

The 06' has been totally redesigned so I think you are going to find it difficult for anyone to discuss the reliability of the vehicle.

I can tell you it has a larger engine 3.8 instead of a 3.5. It seems to me to have more throttle response and the horsepower has been upped.

It has power side windows which is neat. Also some can come equipped with power sliding doors and power rear hatch.

I dont believe you can beat it for the price or the warranty.

EVH5150
02-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Doesn't it come with the rear "fold in the floor" seats? Thought I read that in a brochure somewhere cuz I was wishing I had that in my 2005. I could be wrong though.

MeettheCreeper
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Doesn't it come with the rear "fold in the floor" seats? Thought I read that in a brochure somewhere cuz I was wishing I had that in my 2005. I could be wrong though.

Yea the third row seats fold into the floor.

G-man422
02-10-2006, 03:35 PM
It looks real nice, thats all i know.

SugarandSpice
02-17-2006, 09:28 PM
We purchased the EX and have had it about a week. We looked at other vans and test drove them. But really loved the way the new sedona took turns and handled on the freeway. Space is great. I love the fact that the trunk area is deep. It also has clips for your grocery bags to hang from. We let our friends who had the 2004 sedona test drive ours. They loved it so much they bought one the next day. Go check one out you won't be sorry.
Have a good day from a
:newbie:

temp409
03-16-2006, 01:09 AM
I bought a 2005 Kia sedonna yesterday- cant beat that crash test rating- and seatbelts ALL catch on the first jerk, we just wrecked our 2001 Dodge caravan last week going ONLY about 35 mph on a On ramp 2 cars stopped right in front of us, we slid and hit Suv in front of us crunched our front drivers side in and my daughters rear shoulder strap did not catch and she was badly hurt- concussion with blood coming from her eye nose and mouth because her face slammed the handle on back of drivers seat her lap belt held her fine though. You can test and jerk front straps of Dodge and they catch perfectly-me and her dad up front were not hurt at all but then jerk the rear and she how NONE of them will catch, Dodge durango does the same way. Plus their crash test ratings are very bad on Dodge Caravan. We didn't think to check crash ratings but we sure do now. Kia's are excellent and ALL seatbelts catch when you jerk them FIRST time. We got the 20 yr. 200,000 mile warranty with our kia but thats only if you take it where you bought it to have it serviced and since its close we plan to do that. LOVE MY KIA so far!

geojumper
03-23-2006, 12:59 PM
Bought one two days ago, engine shared with SUV and most Kia engines have been solid, if not then 10 year warranty should cover. Love the way this van handles and rides. A step up from the Grand Caravans we have owned. This is the 4th Kia in our family. So far are sold on Kia quality, not perfect but pretty darn good! George.

martymoose32
06-22-2006, 02:08 AM
Hi all...

Just bought an '06 Sedona and I love it! It replaced a '96 Windstar. Went on vacation from the dealership lot. It sure was nice not having to worry about breakdowns on the trip.

Guess I won't be posting on the Windstar message boards anymore. I have a new home on this board.

Bye..

bigfellafae
08-06-2006, 05:20 PM
So far I like mine except for the poor gas mileage about 13 city 20 hwy. this might be the downfall of this van. I love everything else about the van.

sweetjew
03-29-2010, 09:50 PM
I have 07 EX and LOVING it! One minor gripe: DVD switches to CD by itself at times when van was shut off and then when you restart it, it BLOWS you with CD sound, which is 99% of the time is MUCH LOUDER!

Add your comment to this topic!