Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Brrr it's cold

Smartblonde
02-04-2006, 12:48 PM
My heater doesn't work; the fan does, but no warm air...easy answer??

90XJINPA
02-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Did the heat work and then stop?
Check the Vacuum switch on the heater hose just before the heater core at the firewall.
Pull the vac line with the Jeep running, turn the heat on high and see if there is vacuum at the line. If not you need to find the vacuum leak. My did this and I just unhooked the vac switch at the actuator arm on the switch (there is a small circlip that holds the arm on the switch). The valve stays open all of the time when this is done, but the heat works.
I hope this works.
Good luck.

chili
02-05-2006, 12:52 PM
My heater doesn't work; the fan does, but no warm air...easy answer??
What is the engine temp like ? Could it be a stuck open T-Stat ? I had a new stat fail in the open position and I had crazily low eng temp and no heat at all, replaced it and instant heat...if temp is good then check the vacuum motor like was suggested...

Good luck

Chili

Smartblonde
02-05-2006, 02:23 PM
What is the engine temp like ? Could it be a stuck open T-Stat ? I had a new stat fail in the open position and I had crazily low eng temp and no heat at all, replaced it and instant heat...if temp is good then check the vacuum motor like was suggested...

Good luck

Chili
Hi , thank you for the suggestion. I will get out my new Jeep repair book and find out what a T-Sat is and go from there! (cars are not my forte' but I am trying to get there!)

Smartblonde
02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
..looking for the vacuum switch and firewall as we speak....all these crazy new words to look up in my Jeep book, thanks!

chili
02-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Hi , thank you for the suggestion. I will get out my new Jeep repair book and find out what a T-Sat is and go from there! (cars are not my forte' but I am trying to get there!)

Sorry about that I was talking about the Thermo-stat....front of the engine block connected to the upper radiatior hose....good luck
Chili

Add your comment to this topic!