Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

"Safe" Places to Speed?

Smmoke
02-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi, Boston resident here... I'm just wondering if there is anyplace in the Boston area where it would be safe to speed (i.e., someplace open that is not a public road). I like to go fast :grinyes:, but I do not want to endanger anyone by speeding on a public road. Also, I've never gone faster than 85 in any car, and I would like to experience higher speeds. Safely.

Anyplace? Anyplace at all?

Thanks,
~Smmoke~

Carfreak18
07-21-2006, 04:22 PM
The local drag strip...

klohiq
12-31-2006, 07:43 AM
Hi, Boston resident here... I'm just wondering if there is anyplace in the Boston area where it would be safe to speed (i.e., someplace open that is not a public road). I like to go fast :grinyes:, but I do not want to endanger anyone by speeding on a public road. Also, I've never gone faster than 85 in any car, and I would like to experience higher speeds. Safely.

Anyplace? Anyplace at all?

Thanks,
~Smmoke~

Try Lebanon, Maine...I've gone 130+ on 202 for several miles a few times in one night...and I've went 100+ almost everytime I've driven on it...though more county cops hang out there because they know people do high speed runs through there a lot. The back roads are still pretty decent for speeding provided that you know the road (a lot of roads have blind corners) and you can avoid all the potholes lol...

other than that, maybe i95 at certain times of the day...staties are all you have to worry about. I got tagged with 96 in a 65 a few weeks ago though...so maybe that's not such a good place to try...

anyhow, good luck and make sure you do it safe.

alfonso2501
03-11-2007, 06:09 PM
You sound like a cop.

Infact you sound a cop who’s too lazy to do some old fashioned police work.:shakehead

getfast37
04-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Closest places to Boston for speeding safely:

http://www.limerock.com

http://www.theglen.com/

You can sign up to drive your car on either of those tracks during various times of the year, as part of a Driver's Education event (NASA, BMWCCA, PCA, etc.)

Jon

Add your comment to this topic!