Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

tl v g35 sedan

evosi
01-24-2006, 07:17 PM
hey guys, I just wanted to get some input from g35 owners on why they think a g35 is better than a tl. i have a family member that is looking at the g35, tl and 330i. we've been doing some research on all three cars, but i would like to here from actual owners. i'm a fan of honda/acura and know more about the tl than the others so i'm pretty biased. i posted a thread in the bmw site, too to get there input. any thoughts would be appretiated. thanks

G35XAndTrailBlazer
01-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Well, if you want a status symbol, get a BMW, if you want a car everyone has, get a BMW.

Acuras arent even in the same league as a G35. Let me get a link.
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/comparison/results.html;_ylt=AnUQ4b4YA1QwcNiJKiMal7UTc78F?pag etitle=overview&carid0=18304&carid1=18391&carid2=18404&compare=Compare+cars

I think of the three Infiniti has the best value. I even put in the AWD G and its still less than the BMW and Acura. It just comes with more. Best power, best brakes. Tell your family member to check it out.

We are at 15k miles on our '04 G35 Sedan AWD and no problems

evosi
01-25-2006, 02:08 PM
now no doubt the g35 is an awesome car (obviously why we're looking at it) and the all wheel drive system is very appealing (torque steer sux), but is that car in the comparison comparably equiped? (i.e. sunroof, nav, 6 disc chngr., etc.?) I definitely agree with you about the value. and it does seem (on paper) to be the car with the most fun factor. (with awd or rear wheel drive) i did hear some negatives about the interior...??...another car we are now considering is the lexus is350....

G35XAndTrailBlazer
01-26-2006, 12:13 PM
The G35 comes standard with all that, unless you get the base model, (very rare) the navi system is not standard, it is about 2 thousand more. The reason why we did not get one.

The interior is probably one of the nicer ones out their. No its not like a Mercedes or Audi, but its up there. The materials they use are nice. You can get the wood package extra.

I would not recommend the IS350 considering it just came out this year. And Lexus is still probably tweaking the bugs out of it.

And if you look at Lease and payment deals, the Infiniti is a step ahead.

singebad
02-03-2006, 05:39 PM
I have an 06 G35sedan. I love it. That being said.. I also was looking into some of these cars ... you have to ask yourself what you want out of the car.

TL: The interior quality and space seemed slightly nicer. I would guess it has a smoother ride and (although there is definately power in their engine...) a slightly less enthusiastic drive as compared to the G35.

BMW3: Nice..no doubt about that, can get very pricey very easily. They lease well, have solid power and solid quality, really an all-around car.. performance..luxury..etc. Just a bit pricey.

IS350: I personally would not get this car. Sure it has 306 HP .. its a beast. But it was a little too compact for my taste. I'm all about small cars, but if I'm going to sit here and spend 35-40grand on a 350... I want to be comfortable, and the backseat just seemed so darn small. You do have a "cockpit" type feeling to it...which can be likeable..but it was pretty tight. I'd try sitting in them.

G35: When compared w/ the 350 driver seat...my sedan feels like a coupe yet I have plenty of space as well. I can have all the space in the world when I want to have a slow stroll down the highway .. or I can get up close and personal when I wanna zip around.

To be fair though, out of these 4 cars listed, I have only ever driven the G35.. I've sat in the rest, but to be honest after seeing the price tag and sitting in them, the others didnt warrant a test drive. I passed on the 250/350 right away. The TL is very very nice, and you can get a fully loaded A-Spec for 35k. I think the TL has the best value overall. That being said, I wouldnt give up my G35 for any of these cars :>

Hope that helps. Lemme know if you have any questions.

IN Tim
02-13-2006, 04:52 PM
We have had an '06 TL for a loaner while our MDX was being serviced. It is, in my opinion, more comfortable than our '06 G35X. However, the torque steer makes it much harder to feel comfortable driving aggressively, and the visibility to the sides and rear is poor in the TL. I also like the fact that I won't be changing a timing belt every 90K on our Infiniti. We haven't had much snow yet, but I can't imagine the TL taking it on as well as our G35X.

Add your comment to this topic!