Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Radiator?

positivity
06-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Yesterday I had a wreck in my neon,and for the most part my car is fine,except for the front end.My bumper is broken all to hell,and my radiator is almost touching my motor.I have coolant leakage real bad so I cant drive my car.I need to know where to find a radiator for my car.Im sure I can I can find one around here,but does anyone have any suggestions?Thank G.O.D I was not hurt in the accident!!!

KatWoman
06-14-2002, 02:24 PM
Sorry to hear about that. Glad you are ok. Hopefully you can get your car fixed soon. You might wanna double check that you didn't just break a hose somewhere. A few years ago I wrecked my Neon and leaked both coolant and tranny fluid on the street. The radiator was busted for sure (head on collision) and I thought the tranny was, but it turned out that the hose for the tranny fluid to the radiator broke. Tranny fluid also goes to the radiator...at least in automatch Neons anyway.

Check this place out:

www.performanceradiator.com

They are a national company and they supplied my radiator to the shop that fixed my car. I had to replace it recently and went thru them again. Check and see if there is one near you. There is one located 10 minutes from my office. I went down and picked it up. Came to $150 ($139 + tax)...better than the $325 the dealer wanted :eek:

dnkygirl
06-14-2002, 03:48 PM
Dang Pos I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Hope your ok... Dude goto the Crysler salvage yard on jefferson. You can get a used one cheap. There are several salvage yards on Jefferson. There's also one called Atomic Pick U Parts..they are the cheapest.. you have to pull the part yourself, but it's alot cheaper than buying it new.

dnkygirl

positivity
06-15-2002, 10:25 AM
Thanks alot people!I planned on going to jefferson to the salvage yard.Just what I had in mind!!Is $115 bad for a new one?

dnkygirl
06-17-2002, 12:13 PM
Hi Pos,

There is a little import parts salvage yard on the far end of jefferson. I can't remeber the name.. they have about 8 neons with all the parts in them. I have found alot of the things I needed from them. Also if they give you a hassle about the price just remind them that it's an american made car.. not an import.. they are weird.. they try to sell american parts for the same price as imports..

dnkygirl

KatWoman
06-20-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by positivity
Thanks alot people!I planned on going to jefferson to the salvage yard.Just what I had in mind!!Is $115 bad for a new one?

$115 brand new? or "new to you" either way it sounds very good. Junkyards in my area are asking $120-140 for radiators out of wrecked cars...I got a NEW one for total of $150 (including tax) at that place I mentioned above.

positivity
06-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Yes indeed!Brand new.120 with shipping from some wholesaler place on the net.I typed in dodge neon rad.and it spat out this place.Buy dodge neon rad.online.I also called mopar on that engine mount and its 56 bucks,but I bought one at autozone for 40.Is it the big a diffrence?If so I will exchange!!!Thanks..

KatWoman
06-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by positivity
Yes indeed!Brand new.120 with shipping from some wholesaler place on the net.I typed in dodge neon rad.and it spat out this place.Buy dodge neon rad.online.I also called mopar on that engine mount and its 56 bucks,but I bought one at autozone for 40.Is it the big a diffrence?If so I will exchange!!!Thanks..

Congrats on your purchase :) As for the motormount, the reason I said go with Mopar for major parts is that I have come across some fitting problems with "OEM" stuff from the auto parts store, such as belts and sensors, which to me are pretty vital parts for the motor to run. It's kinda like a game of chance with non-Mopar stuff, some will work some won't, but you usually don't find out it won't til its too late and the car's all torn apart...on a Sunday when the dealership parts dept is closed.......not that I have ever had that happen :rolleyes: :D

Add your comment to this topic!