Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 legend 5spd no start period.

FuLL BLown STD
01-17-2006, 02:27 PM
ok so my friend recently purchased a 91 legend and out of the blue the car didnt start.. now i didnt check it out but would the main relay keep the fuel pump from engaging? i just wanna troubleshoot wit lil shit b4 he goes off the deep end and takes it to the closest mechanic ho will prolly rape his wallet. like i said out of nowhere it didnt start and the car ran fine b4 that point and never had hesitation starting b4.. so any input will be appreciated. thanks

3rdof8
05-18-2006, 11:28 PM
I have a 91 Legend coupe (automatic) as well and have intermittent starting problems as well. I posted last summer and received a few suggestions that seemed promising. My battery died in the interim and after I replaced it the problem disappeared until last week. (I have to believe that the battery replacement did not affect the problem and it was just that the weather turned cooler about the same time.) Last week was not that hot so I'm really confused. In any case, I believe I will pursue the solder at fuel pump relay, master relay and rollover sensor leads (see thread on legend starting problems) and see what turns up.

Add your comment to this topic!