Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

driver seat / steering wheel not centered to eachother

Bevl Hvn
01-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Greetings. Been living with our new 2005 G35 now a week. My wife drives it all the time, I drove it for the first time last weekend as we took a little getaway to Monterey.....

The steering wheel sits to the left of center compared to the seat. In other words, sitting on the driver seat, the steering wheel is to the left and I am looking straight at the gauge on the right when I should be looking between the 2 gauges......... WTF?

Anyways, I dropped the car off for the premier service thing, and asked the service guy about it, thinking there would be some adjustment to be made. He looked at me like I was on crack........ And said no way was it off center...

I leave in the loaner, and it was the same but not offset nearly as bad. Anyone else notice this? I am tall, so the seat is all the way back, and laid back a ways.......

I tell you what, if I had tested the car [driven it] or driven it home [I rode shotgun and my wife drove it - her car], this would have been a deal breaker for me.

G35XAndTrailBlazer
01-15-2006, 11:04 PM
I dont notice it....

Stick with the Yukon ;)

Bevl Hvn
02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
er............ OK woteva

been driving this more and more, fits like a glove if the window is down and my arm is up on the sill... But sitting there and really thinking about being straight, not crooked or slumped over one way or the other..... That sucker is 1.75" off center. Damn. :screwy: seems wierd to me

I went an drove another loaner and it was off about an inch

And none of you other 05 G35 owners have seen this??

Bevl Hvn
03-07-2006, 02:25 AM
After talking with Infinity, it seems ALL sedans have this problem, the coupe doesn't. It is very obvious - just go look around the lot to see every sedan with this and every coupe lined up correctly.

Add your comment to this topic!