Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Which is faster???

doodad
01-10-2006, 09:06 PM
hi guys..

l would like to ask a question. and l will print your answers and show it to my friend.

l got 97 firebird formula auto with flowmaster exhaust system.

and my friend has 96 accord manual with muffler.

he says that he can beat me. well, l keep laughing at him but he is serious. ( well everybody knows whic is faster, but l would like to show him your answers so he will see too.)

well, l would like to race with him and show him f-body power but my car is on repair right now.

so what do u think? who would win? how would be the distance between the cars at the end of the race?

P.S. please do not send any messages like, if he had turbo he would blow your doors off or l got headers or turbo or etc. and my accord/civic can beat u all day, and something like that. if u mod every car they can go so fast. the important thing is what u have or can do BONE STOCK!!! like they modded a school bus and ran like 7 or 8s. on 1/4 time...

thank you.

knorwj
01-10-2006, 09:16 PM
your friend is a ricer... tell him to shove his "muffler" where the sun don't shine.

edit: just in case that wasn't clear... i would say you will win hands down. Even the newest (fastest) accords are only low-mid 14 second cars. i'm almost positive (even in my anti GM mind) that your car is at least a low 14 second car if not very high 13's????? correct me if i'm wrong (usually a ford guy) but i think those are appropriate rough estimates of your cars abilities.

doodad
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
well,

he is not a ricer l guess. l have never seen him racing but he has been driving car years so he got some skills but l am not bad either.

you re right LT1s can hit low 14s or high 13s. l havent taken my car to track yet. but l definetely know that my car 0-60 is like 5.5 sec. at least.
it is not even modded, bone stock.

l am not trying to learn which is faster actually. hell yeah, trans am/formulas are much much faster. we shouldnt even compare. l have been telling him. man are u serious? compare the numbers.. he keep saying, u got auto man. u cant beat me.. man he thinks maybe his stick shift car can beat every auto cars. l watched a video, LS1 bone stock auto trans am raced with a stick turbo honda hatchback. they were both excellent drivers. turbo honda won about half car lenght (barely)

l got 2.73 gear 4L60E tranny.

just tell me what u guys thinks, l am just going to give him the prints. he is a good guy l dont wanna argue about cars with him.

l am not telling that I AM BETTER THAN HIM. I AM SAYING, MY CAR IS MORE POWERFUL THAN HIS CAR. but he still says he got stick shift and l got no chance:D

that_guy5
01-10-2006, 09:50 PM
the firebird all the way !!

hxgaser
01-10-2006, 10:05 PM
So what's the point of this thread? Just run against him, blow his doors off and call it done. Running a stock V8 vs. stock I4 is like taking a candy from a baby. Just get it over with and leave us "RICERS" alone!! :shakehead

doodad
01-10-2006, 10:09 PM
man l guess u didnt read my first message exactly..

my car is on repair right now.. l need some works done on my car. and it will take like 15 days.

so l dont have my girl now. and l am so impatient guy. l couldnt wait till l get my car back and race. l wanted him to know the truth from now!!!!!

thank you so much for replies..

Lockdown_2001
01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Uhm, Lets see......

Stock Inline 4 Family car v.s V8 Sports car.........

Let him keep talking smack, it makes winning so much better. Also, make sure you post your race here so that this thread has an actual race story in it, albiet a very pointless one.

Watch out though, don't discount 4-bangers :)

Most importantly have a !SAFE! race.

doodad
01-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Uhm, Lets see......

Stock Inline 4 Family car v.s V8 Sports car.........

Let him keep talking smack, it makes winning so much better. Also, make sure you post your race here so that this thread has an actual race story in it, albiet a very pointless one.

Watch out though, don't discount 4-bangers :)

Most importantly have a !SAFE! race.

well it will be safe race man. it is not gonna be more than like 70 mph.

l will try to take a pic. of him from my rear window. but l dont have strong zoom camera. l have to buy one l guess:grinyes:

sameintheend01
01-11-2006, 03:32 AM
your car is faster. but you are not 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. In 1997, the formula v8 (lt1) was 275 hp. you are probably more in the low 6 sec range.

doodad
01-11-2006, 10:54 AM
your car is faster. but you are not 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. In 1997, the formula v8 (lt1) was 275 hp. you are probably more in the low 6 sec range.

man, stock 97 LT1 are 285 hp. not 275. and factory rated 0-60 mph is 5.7 sec. also, l got brand new complete exhaust system (flowmaster) and brand new performance tires..

98StangGT
01-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Ummmmmmmmm if you are so sure that you will beat him, why do you need our posts for reassurance? And which accord can run mid 14s stock?

L8R_H8R
01-11-2006, 07:29 PM
your car's faster. but that doesn't mean you'll win. lot more factors involved than hp.

doodad
01-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Ummmmmmmmm if you are so sure that you will beat him, why do you need our posts for reassurance? And which accord can run mid 14s stock?

man..

l guess u guys dont read the posts excatly. l am f*cking sure.. and everybody knows that. except him. l post this thread as l said on my first message. l wanted him to see what other people thinks about this. so he would see that he was wrong. my car is on shop and probably l am not gonna be able to get it 15 days. (he is a cool guy. l dont wanna argue or talk about this hours with him. l just wanted him to see the truth from u guys.

THATS WHY I POSTED THIS THREAD!!!!!!!

doodad
01-11-2006, 07:42 PM
your car's faster. but that doesn't mean you'll win. lot more factors involved than hp.

man l am not asking if l will win...

l will blow his doors off. but damn, my car is on repair. man, u can't even compare trans am/formulas with hondas. (bone stock, with cheat/mods my grandma's van would beat vettes ass)

L8R_H8R
01-11-2006, 07:43 PM
whys it in repair

doodad
01-11-2006, 07:50 PM
l am rebuilding the tranny adding 3.23 gear.. and replace the power windows and add cut-out system. l have waited just for them to tell me the problem for 15 days man. damn.. they said that they got 4 other cars needs to rebuilt tranny thats why.

and now l will wait for a little bit too.

l dont know if l should add the cut-out. l dont like to mods my cars, l love bone stock.

L8R_H8R
01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
bonestocks always good. props for that

doodad
01-11-2006, 07:58 PM
bone stock has longer life. and stays clean.

my car is 97. if u see the engine, it is like 2005 cars engine.. excatly clean..

Lockdown_2001
01-11-2006, 08:42 PM
l will blow his doors off. but damn, my car is on repair.

Can't compare with hondas......lol

Well, I'll tell you one thing, I've seen alot more american cars in for REPAIRS than our hondas. (I know yours isn't)

Though if our 4 cyls show up your V-8's, you BETTER be embarrassed :biggrin:. I do love V-8's too, but I'm also a fan of doing more with less (I'm also too poor to afford the gas, haha).

I can't see why your freind would even think he has a chance though, I have people challenging me that don't have a chance.
Maybe if your sick of hearing it, offer to race for money. He'll prolly admit he's wrong, or give a lame excuse.

doodad
01-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Can't compare with hondas......lol

Well, I'll tell you one thing, I've seen alot more american cars in for REPAIRS than our hondas. (I know yours isn't)

Though if our 4 cyls show up your V-8's, you BETTER be embarrassed :biggrin:. I do love V-8's too, but I'm also a fan of doing more with less (I'm also too poor to afford the gas, haha).

I can't see why your freind would even think he has a chance though, I have people challenging me that don't have a chance.
Maybe if your sick of hearing it, offer to race for money. He'll prolly admit he's wrong, or give a lame excuse.

you re definetely right about this..

those hondas are much much relaible than american cars. and they got better gas mileage. but v-8 has the power and great sound.

about comparing. l mean u cant compare bone stock formula/trans am and honda civic or accord.

l will get a 02 trans am ws6. and as a second car honda. cuz they are relaible. trans am for racing. for fun.

exman98
01-11-2006, 11:16 PM
well put. i will take note

iVteC_PoWeR
01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
If you really think about it somebody with a honda shouldnt be ashamed to lose to a f-body...i mean its I4 vs V8 so nothing to be ashamed about but there is shame for the V8 to lose

doodad
01-13-2006, 04:33 AM
yeah it would be shame. but when that happens it is shame. it is not gonna happen. v8 will not lose on l4. (bone stock)

but some honda owners thinks maybe their cars are fast. man 4 cylinder 130 hp. that is fast?

l am not saying it is a shame to honda. l suggest hondas to people. but if they want power then hondas are the wrong address.

Lockdown_2001
01-13-2006, 12:23 PM
yeah it would be shame. but when that happens it is shame. it is not gonna happen. v8 will not lose on l4. (bone stock)

but some honda owners thinks maybe their cars are fast. man 4 cylinder 130 hp. that is fast?

l am not saying it is a shame to honda. l suggest hondas to people. but if they want power then hondas are the wrong address.

Mines got 200 hp, bone stock.
Not all hondas are accords and civics.

Schister66
01-13-2006, 12:32 PM
mine will be pushing past the 300whp mark.....but it will be far from stock....Ludes have like 200hp but they are elephants! They weigh a lot.....sexy as hell tho! I love the 2000 Prelude Sh....OMG!! I would trade my GSR on a Silver one in a heartbeat!

Lockdown_2001
01-13-2006, 01:02 PM
mine will be pushing past the 300whp mark.....but it will be far from stock....Ludes have like 200hp but they are elephants! They weigh a lot.....sexy as hell tho! I love the 2000 Prelude Sh....OMG!! I would trade my GSR on a Silver one in a heartbeat!

Hah, 3000 lbs is not an Elephant. It is heavy, but it gets more girls than an integra, and I can prove it ;)
You wanna see an elephant look at those hideous Hummers, they can't even get out of thier own way.

You can get them down to 2800 with a few mods, but I don't really care to, I'm not gonna run it at the track. Its my daily driver, I NEED to to RUN till I can find a better income!

iVteC_PoWeR
01-13-2006, 05:23 PM
3000lb is an elephant for a honda...and about girls i dont know about that girls tend to like integras too...but hey i see girls like RSXs more than tegs or ludes

L8R_H8R
01-13-2006, 05:39 PM
I have a bonestock prelude and i beat a 5 liter. s2000 has 240hp and it can beat many 8cyls.

98StangGT
01-14-2006, 01:12 AM
A stock SRT-4 will beat V8 Stangs, LT1 and give LS1s a run for their money....

iVteC_PoWeR
01-14-2006, 06:25 AM
yep SRT-4s are fast and give V8s a hard time

Lockdown_2001
01-14-2006, 10:31 AM
A stock SRT-4 will beat V8 Stangs, LT1 and give LS1s a run for their money....

Yes but SRT's have a turbocharger, which puts them in a different class.
S2000's are naturally asperated (sp?), so im quite impressed with that engine, to say the least. I'm saying with the same means of induction. Turbo, Superchagers, Nitrous are power adders and therefore make them different. You could put a turbo on a V8 and then it will be faster than that SRT.

iVteC_PoWeR
01-14-2006, 12:19 PM
but a srt-4 will give even the supercharged V8s a run for their money stock for stock so think about that

Lockdown_2001
01-14-2006, 09:32 PM
but a srt-4 will give even the supercharged V8s a run for their money stock for stock so think about that

SRT is turbocharged, not supercharged

L8R_H8R
01-15-2006, 12:12 AM
so when you say stock you mean N/A. iVtec_Power didn' say that the srt4 was supercharged. He's just sayin that a SRT can hold a S/C 8 cyl. Remember. Theres an all motor rsx running 9's as well as a 9 sec all motor civic.

Lockdown_2001
01-15-2006, 03:56 PM
so when you say stock you mean N/A. iVtec_Power didn' say that the srt4 was supercharged. He's just sayin that a SRT can hold a S/C 8 cyl. Remember. Theres an all motor rsx running 9's as well as a 9 sec all motor civic.

Nah, I mean comparing two cars with the same means of induction, i.e a turbo car vs. a turbo car, N/A vs. N/A. I see what your trying to say though, it's all forced induction.

Its nice to know, though a 4 cyl can still reach a 9 second 1/4 mile, N/A. It just costs alot more than an a V8 would to get there.

Its funny that we actually had a decent conversation from such an asinine topic.......Re: Which is faster??? This should have been locked right from the beginning!

KrNxRaCer00
01-16-2006, 03:11 AM
wow, this topic went off topic quickly...

you'll win. end of story.

KrNxRaCer00
01-16-2006, 03:13 AM
-closed

Add your comment to this topic!