Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window tints

newstanger
01-07-2006, 09:25 PM
my mustang is bright red w/ a black vert top. i dunno about yall, but i think it would look pretty tight w/ tints. im not tryin to make it a ricer or anything, but i want it to look good. anybody kno what degree i should get or brands or anything? im in Altanta GA so it would also b helpful do kno a place where i coould get it installed cause i def. dont wanna do it myself and get it all bubbly. also, do i do the back window on the vert top or do i leave that alone?

Simioh
02-13-2006, 08:10 PM
if ur gonna tint ur windows, u def. have to go all around. (exept the front, unless ur a real outlaw haha) and as to what brand, u have to find a place where they install them. usually places that install alarm and stereo sistems also do window tinting. so go to them and they will show u samples of different tints and u can choose.

newstanger
03-13-2006, 07:06 PM
do u kno approx. how much that would cost? i havent had a chance to get a quote or nething....just like a ballpark figure cause i have no idea

2crunk
04-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Should cost anywhere from $100-$200, depending on the shop and type of tint used. Dyed, metallized, etc....

Johnwilliams
04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Strait black is the way to go. I've seen a lot of nice tint jobs on ricers and domestics but using the K.I.S.S method (keep it simple st*pid) you can produce an amazing looking car without people knowing why exactly its amazing. Kinda like a subliminal message to anyone looking at your car.
john

Custom cars (http://www.mydreamwheels.com) are supposed to have bigger engines than stereos.... but maybe i'm old fashioned :)

6speed
05-10-2006, 02:14 PM
my shop charges 200 a car to do all around, i went with 5% because i like it pitch black however ive gotten 3 tickets so far. 20 u might get away with if your lucky...35% is the law here in PA

fordforlife
05-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I have 20 on mine, no probs yet (knock on wood). It cost me $70, everything but the front. 95 stang.

Add your comment to this topic!