Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

roll bar and roll bar installation

newstanger
01-07-2006, 02:17 PM
hey, whats up, im new here. i just turned 16 and for my bday i got a 2000 mustang convertible. its beautiful. My moms makin me get a roll bar for it. i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the kind that i should get.. i dont plan on racing or anything i just want a 4 point type thing. but i wasnt sure if theres anything special i need. also, anyone in the atlanta/Marietta GA region, i need to kno where i can get it installed for a pretty good price..parents are paying..so i guess it can b as much as i need :iceslolan

neatofrito1618
01-07-2006, 05:14 PM
ur getting a a rollbar for a stock v6? is it cuz its a vert? they make something for verts that isent a rollbar but still makes it safe if it rolls over but i forget what its called

newstanger
01-07-2006, 09:02 PM
yea...its a vert...ive seen that style bar thing, but its got a 1/4 in. tube in it which doesnt seem like it would do anything in a roll over. ive seen a 4 point from like autopower or something thats nhra certified...my moms a spaz and wants it safe...same w/ my g/fs mom. she wont let her ride w/ me without one...so i need whatever the safest one is.

Toppless
01-09-2006, 03:13 PM
yea...its a vert...ive seen that style bar thing, but its got a 1/4 in. tube in it which doesnt seem like it would do anything in a roll over. ive seen a 4 point from like autopower or something thats nhra certified...my moms a spaz and wants it safe...same w/ my g/fs mom. she wont let her ride w/ me without one...so i need whatever the safest one is.

Yea thats was the deal with my parents I had to get a roll bar...have not got it yet...The light bar even says it will not do anything if your car rolls...I did not tell my parents that because then I would have to get a real 6 point or whatever it is... light bars look awsome they are just to much the cheapiest I have seen is $400...good luck with all that.

BigDanTheMan
01-09-2006, 07:54 PM
http://www.swracecars.com search in the 8-point roll bar category for mustang. might want to invest in the door kit upgrade.
pay someone 200 bucks tops to have it installed professionally. will increase handling a bit, might lower insurance.

newstanger
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
ive found the one i want i think its an autopower 4 point...im still lookin to have my back seat semi-useable. anybody got suggestions on the kinda place to get it installed or if in the marietta GA region, the name of some good places?

Add your comment to this topic!