Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dash Brake light on

mybenje
12-27-2005, 05:45 PM
I have 1990 Range Rover County. The dash brake light in always on. I did check the switch on the hand brake it looks good. Disconnected it to eliminate the hand brake issue, the light still stays on.
Is this a loss of pressure on the brake line? I recenetly had the brakes done?

Please advise, Thank you

corning_d3
12-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Check the master cylinder for low fluid. Also, it could be a loss of pressure to either the front brakes, or the back brakes.

sschmerge
01-03-2006, 04:19 PM
I am a new Rover Classic owner I used to have a bmw z3 and the same thing happened...I know rovers are a completely different monster, but the brake pads had a break away sensor that plugged into the electrical system that would indicate when the pad was worn to 10% or lower. The sensor had to be replaced (plugged back in) in order for the light to go out. If the design is similar, which I am not sure it is, you may have a problem with one of the sensors or your pads may need to be replaced along with the sensor that has been pulled.

If this is not the case, you have another type of brake issue that should probably be checked...I would start with checking fluid levels, then go to your master cyl. and make sure no leaks, then to brake lines.

Hope this helps.

I have 1990 Range Rover County. The dash brake light in always on. I did check the switch on the hand brake it looks good. Disconnected it to eliminate the hand brake issue, the light still stays on.
Is this a loss of pressure on the brake line? I recenetly had the brakes done?

Please advise, Thank you

Add your comment to this topic!