Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

some stupid noise :(

that_guy5
12-21-2005, 09:26 PM
when i turn my car on to warm up or so u hear a rattle underneaththe handbreak and its weird cause it goes away just a little bit after u turn the sterin wheel or something like that u also hear it while u go in a stedy pace to i dont know what the hell is it i dont know i think it has 2 do wit something when they rear ended me last yr and mest up somethin in the back somewhere but that rattle or whatever is annoyin i i wanna know what is it ???

Schister66
12-23-2005, 11:42 PM
i used to have a 97 EX Civic coupe and the heatshield on the exhaust used to rattle...idk if its the same problem tho

kicker1_solo
12-24-2005, 12:47 AM
It's something that vibrates at a certain RPM level. Different RPMs put out different vibrations, and apparently something is loose and vibrates at a certain RPM. The best thing to do is probably take the center console out and tighten every bolt and screw, that should take care of it.

Schister66
12-24-2005, 12:51 AM
is the sound in the car or under the car....i thought for a long time that the noise was in the center console, but it ended up being under the car and it only happened at 1500-1600rpm for the reasons that Kicker_solo listed

Add your comment to this topic!