Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 stratus stalling and not starting

geo097
12-16-2005, 02:21 PM
my 99 2.5 v6 with 90000 mi on it stalled while i was driving it ,it did restart but would not start after it was shut off i had the car towed to the shop where they told me the problem was the ignition and the fuel pump i had both replaced (major bucks) i got the car back it ran fine for about 8 miles i went to a mall ,came out and the car would not start, it would crank like it wanted to start but it would not start after 20 minutes while i was waiting for the tow truck i tryed it again and it started and i drove it to the shop about 15 miles away does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be ? thanks george

andresinibus
12-20-2005, 08:07 PM
somethig like that hapened to me when i was driving from Texas to Arizona. i replaced the spark plugs and it did it it has worked perfect up to now try it before you spend more money.

LdyJane
02-18-2006, 08:13 PM
I have a 98 Stratus ES with a v-6, 2.5 motor...I had all kinda trouble out of it and spend COUNTLESS dollars throwing parts on it....mine did EXACTLY what u are describing. This is what I found out.....the good news is it can be fixed..turns out these cars won't run on the aftermarket distributors...ya gotta put a Dodge distributor on it...mine was getting fuel and spark but no fire...I bought a aftermarket distributor for the thing and it GOT WORSE....turns out ( and here's the BAD news) Dodge gets a ARM and LEG for theirs...I found one in a salvage yard for 150.00...and that fixed it

Add your comment to this topic!