Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

car keep over heating help

daily420
12-04-2005, 11:11 AM
[COLOR=navy] this is what going on well the my car just started to over heat thought it was the raditor but there is no holes in my bf thinks it the water pump what else could it be please help 93 geo storm

dgee
12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
it could be thermostat or bad radiator cap a hose that collapsed fan belt loose. electric fan not working.

Light Storms
02-26-2006, 11:36 PM
you don't sound confident in your diagnostic work, if theres no h20 coming from the bottom of the timing cover its probably not the h20 pump, if there is no water leak at all its one of three things thermostat stuck closed,head gasket , or electric fan not working, the "ghetto" solution is to remove thermostat , make sure fan works and simply drive it , if it stil overheats check for oil in water or water in oil or excessive oil or water in exhaust if you have any of those problem dont lose your head ha ha ok just shave your head adn use a new gasket and bolts any questions email me

Goatone
12-11-2007, 07:25 PM
My daughter has a 93 storm that kept overheating. Replaced the water pump and radiator cap and it still overheated. I finally checked the overflow tank and found that the intake area(where the radiator cap hose connects) had closed up and was not allowing any fluid in or out. I opened the hole and solved the problem. This may not be your problem, but it's an inexpensive check and fix.

Add your comment to this topic!