Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Door Alignment???

Interstate526
11-30-2005, 09:57 PM
I have a 66 that was in a wreck at one point. it wasn't me, it was the previous owner. Anyway, the passenger door is kinda screwed up and out of alignment pretty badly. but it still closes.

does anyone have an idea of about how much it would cost if i took it to a body shop and had them work on it?

Loekee75
12-15-2005, 02:45 AM
I have a 66 that was in a wreck at one point. it wasn't me, it was the previous owner. Anyway, the passenger door is kinda screwed up and out of alignment pretty badly. but it still closes.

does anyone have an idea of about how much it would cost if i took it to a body shop and had them work on it?

You just might be lucky and only need new hinges for your door! If they're original, I'm pretty sure they'd be worn to the point of the door no longer being aligned properly. Hinges will take a shop no time at all to replace, which means a lesser labor time charge for you! However, if the door itself was damaged from the collision, could be another matter..

smurfmobile
02-28-2007, 01:14 AM
check first to see if there welded or bolted hinges, don't know for sure but i'd say their welded, witch woulnd't be so cheap. also if thier welded try lifting ,pushing down, pushing door open, or closing with a large socket in hinge to bend the hinges, you have to do them seperatly or one toget desired effect.

Interstate526
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
thanks

Add your comment to this topic!