Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Civic SI vs. Mercedes Benz SL55 AMG

RicerburnerJB
06-01-2002, 03:04 PM
Ya ya ya, yo what up playas? So enyways, i was cruzin down da street and i see dis foo wit some wierd ass lookin' car, it say SL55 AMG and i'm like wtf is that? Look like a mercedes? Well,i guess my piece of shit CIvic Si with a retarded mods on it can whup his ass. yeah, i was gonna blow that SL55 away. We line up at da light and i give him a grin, he smiles at me...I'm like..wat da phuck? you gay or something? Then when the light turns green, i step on my accelerator, dang, I whupped his ass by 10 car lenghts!! That SL55 is no match for my beat up piece of junk.

HAHAH, that's the type of bullshit that i see on these type of forums. Will your bitch ass rice rockets fools stop lying about beating cars that has 10 times the performance of your sack of crap.

Like that story about the CIVIC SI beating the SVT Cobra...that is the biggest bullshit story i've ever heard. Please, stop lying and write about stories that involve beating cars in your own league.

93speed
06-01-2002, 03:13 PM
And these no topic, useless, obvious topic threads that are the type of thing that keeps the AF servers busy :rolleyes: You aren't gonna stop people from BSing. Just ignore them. Thats what the BACK button is for ;)

Self
06-01-2002, 06:24 PM
First off, you my friend have just shown yourself to be a complete moron. From this point on, EVERYTHING you say will be looked at negatively, no matter what it is.
Secondly, the post about the TURBOCHARGED SI smoking the Cobra is 100% true. Nothing fake about that.
Third, if the car with the best specs ALWAYS won, there would be no races at all. People would just look at the spec sheets and see which of the two has the most HP and make him/her the winner. Racing is as much about driver skill as it is vehicle performance.
Lastly, please don't waste bandwith with useless posts like this. And don't make me waste my time correcting you and telling how much of an idiot you are. MODERATORS....Please CLOSE THIS THREAD.

93speed
06-01-2002, 09:14 PM
http://www.importlove.com/forum/images/smilies/werd.gif

Jay!
06-01-2002, 09:16 PM
Not replying to stupid threads makes them go away.

RicerburnerJB
06-01-2002, 10:50 PM
I wanna what lies other that tiny hood. Obviously, it's not good for the car .

Grendel
06-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Heh, I race people that are out of my league all the time... when they win, I don't lie about it, I tell people I got my ass smoked...

Its fun beating civics/ricers/etc, but its more fun to get smoked by a bad ass car and just watch them fly away in amazement :)

-Grendel

RicerburnerJB
06-02-2002, 12:03 AM
finally, an honest bob

Self
06-02-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by RicerburnerJB
finally, an honest bob

So the only people who are honest are the ones who say they lose? Well let me go ahead and lie some more...I RARELY lose. I beat most everything I race on the street. I must be lying, correct? What's under the hood of the Civic SI you say? I wouldn't know. Strengthened internals, and a large turbo is all I can say for certain. Tomorrow morning I will locate the phone number and address of the shop he works at, New Image, and you can call him and ask him yourself exactly what is under his hood:) Why do you think that all three of the people who posted about the race would lie about it? Does that make much sense to you??

Grendel
06-02-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by Self

So the only people who are honest are the ones who say they lose? Well let me go ahead and lie some more...I RARELY lose. I beat most everything I race on the street. I must be lying, correct? What's under the hood of the Civic SI you say? I wouldn't know. Strengthened internals, and a large turbo is all I can say for certain. Tomorrow morning I will locate the phone number and address of the shop he works at, New Image, and you can call him and ask him yourself exactly what is under his hood:) Why do you think that all three of the people who posted about the race would lie about it? Does that make much sense to you??

Hehe, about you rarely losing... I believe it...

I raced a late model Camaro SS the other day (dunno if thats faster than a Z28) I think it had a manual trans... we raced from a stoplight, we both spun, and hooked at about the same time...

The race looked pretty fair for about 1/4 of a second, then he pulled on me by 3 or more car lengths...

Gave me a whole new respect for camaros/trans ams... I knew they were quick, i didn't know they were insane :P

How much hp does your car have?

-Grendel

tenzoracerevovii
06-02-2002, 01:46 AM
i saw a ws6 for the first time a few weeks ago.....yea....not many cars like that im afraid in my neighborhood.....either rich ass people with bimmers and benzes or people w/ civics and cressida's.....haha.....but that shit was pretty tight.....it was yellow......and it had black rims ......pretty nice man....

Grendel
06-02-2002, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by tenzoracerevovii
i saw a ws6 for the first time a few weeks ago.....yea....not many cars like that im afraid in my neighborhood.....either rich ass people with bimmers and benzes or people w/ civics and cressida's.....haha.....but that shit was pretty tight.....it was yellow......and it had black rims ......pretty nice man....

WS6 Trans Ams are awesome... I have wanted one for the longest time... Even if I could afford the payments on one, I wouldn't be able to afford insurance with my driving record, and being an 18 year old male driver :P

Mabey I'll just settle for swapping a WS6/Camaro motor into my Z :P

-Grendel

Mugen_R
06-02-2002, 07:56 AM
Chill people, riceburnerjb, your civic would have got murdered if the guy actually was racing.

Self
06-02-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Grendel

Hehe, about you rarely losing... I believe it...

I raced a late model Camaro SS the other day (dunno if thats faster than a Z28) I think it had a manual trans... we raced from a stoplight, we both spun, and hooked at about the same time...

The race looked pretty fair for about 1/4 of a second, then he pulled on me by 3 or more car lengths...

Gave me a whole new respect for camaros/trans ams... I knew they were quick, i didn't know they were insane :P

How much hp does your car have?

-Grendel

Yes indeed, fast cars they are. The SS is quicker than the Z28, it has an additional 20hp and an upgraded suspension. Not a tremendous difference between the two though. My car has 350+wrhp.

Originally posted by tenzoracerevovii

YES! WS6's are the greatest! That's what I wanted, a WS6 or even a Trans Am. When I first went shopping for the new car, I was stupid and bought the first thing I saw(my '95 Z28), instead of looking around more. Now I see that I overpayed and didn't even get what I really wanted.

Jay!
06-02-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_R
riceburnerjb, your civic would have got murdered if the guy actually was racing. ROFLMAO. :rolleyes:

RicerburnerJB
06-02-2002, 08:34 PM
I have a Mercedes-Benz.

3SGTE
06-02-2002, 09:19 PM
I have a Mercedes-Benz.

What are you in such disbelief for man? The civic is not stock, and Honda's are not cockroaches on the road. Some of them have REAL power, even MORE THAN enough to smack AMG's. You're a college student, act like one. Give respect where it's due, and stop running to your parents for money! Cuz if you earned EVERY penny of your money needed for your car, you would have realized how stupid it would be to spend 30k plus for some German car while goin to college. You would realize that you can't buy chicks with your car, and you can't beat cars that are half your price. Hell, you probably won't even try becuse you might "ruffle your feathers"-- after all it is a LUXURY car. YOu just gave yourself away man, and posting this thread ENFORCES the fact that well, you don't know much do you. Get your luxury car, pimp your shallow hoes. And goddamit learn something while your in college, PLEASE!

Assumptions piss people off, as you should be right now

- A college kid who learned something

RicerburnerJB
06-03-2002, 02:23 PM
Yes, they may be fast cockroaches but still they're cockroaches lol. When the hell did i ever say i drive a AMG Mercedes or better yet...a Mercedes period? Did i ever make any specific reference about ME driving one or owning one? That car could be my parents, hell, i could drive a Volkswagon for all you know. It's not like I'm trying to exert a superiority complex neither am I trying to brag about the cars I own or drive.

You're retarded, yes, it is a luxury car, a luxury coupe, a Ferrari is a luxury car, WOW, i bet a 550hp Ferrari can't beat a Civic...Or better yet, maybe that Porsche Carerra S should just be sitting in the garage and not taken to the limits because oh...it's Luxury car.

Shallow hoes, you're even more retarded, you just made some pretty big assumptions yourself about wealthy folks.

I'm right and you're wrong, so shut up.

Heck, I'd meet at the track instead of racing on the street with some two-bit punk driving a honda with stickers on it. Haven't you heard on the news it's always those punks in the rice rockets who get in the most car accidents? Yes, You're right, I rather NOT ruffle my feathers.

carrrnuttt
06-03-2002, 03:33 PM
Riceburner:

PLEASE start talking and acting like you actually learned something from college, man...like some people suggested earlier.

NHRA didn't adopt sport-compact racing because they were slow...

I've personally seen a TypeR equipped Civic hatch break off a Corvette(C4) whom the owner claims runs mid-low 13's at the track. The hatchback ran all-motor, no turbo, no nitrous...heck, your AMG car needs a freaking supercharger to get that...albeit with more luxury, but this is a racing forum...we don't care about that kinda shit.

Bottomline, shape up, or ship out.

3SGTE
06-03-2002, 11:03 PM
Alright, now that I can understand where your're coming from, could you answer some questions for me?

You stated on this thread about how you did not believe the civic beat the mustang. Is it just because you don't like them? I will agree that there are alot of reckless people out there and yes it probably is more often than not a Honda guy, but one could also argue it's because they are the most modified cars out there. But was it your disbelief or hate for civics that made you post this forum?

I GOT THIS FROM ONE OF YOUR OTHER POSTS:
"i like Mercedes-Benz's cars. A CLK55 cost as much as a Porsche Carerra and performs just as well. They are in the same league. Obviously, Mercedes is on a way lower level then Ferrari, so i won't bullshit about my car being able to whup a Ferrari Modena or Lamborghini Diablo SV's ass. My car has power to a certain extent, 342 hp and a 376lbs of torque at i forgot how many rpm. Yes, and i know that is nothing compared to a Ferrari or Aston Martin or Lambo and i admit that. But you fools need to stop thinking that you're all that with your 2 liter del sols and little integras."

Now riceburner, are you sure you don't have a superiorty complex? Or is this stuff all fabricated? I'm also goin to emphasize the point of "my car has power...."

About your comment on luxury cars-- when I think about Benzes (sans AMG) I usually think pure luxury, like automatics, nice leather, cool interior features. Mid engined supercar doesn't usually come into my mind.. but it is up to your own definition of luxury. (no sarcasm intended :D)

You didn't respond about your parents buying you a car?

Minus all this crap I just said, you seem to have (from your posts) alot of animosity towards Hondas. Is there a reason for it?

I'm sure if people had more money they would be driving the same car as you, btw...

Melt
06-07-2002, 05:34 PM
It was from a dead stop at a red. I dunno if he was trying or not, but it sounded like it when he was shifiting. Funny thing is, I had 2 other people in the car which added probably about 300 - 350 lbs. I am getting sick and tired of all these wannabe badasses in benzes talking all this shit when they drive LUXURY cars and not FAST cars.

S2Corolla
06-09-2002, 10:15 PM
You're retarded, yes, it is a luxury car, a luxury coupe, a Ferrari is a luxury car, WOW, i bet a 550hp Ferrari can't beat a Civic...Or better yet, maybe that Porsche Carerra S should just be sitting in the garage and not taken to the limits because oh...it's Luxury car.

I'm right and you're wrong, so shut up.

Okay to the first part, have you ever heard of the JUN Civic hatchback? Let's see a stock Carerra S beat that, or your Mercedes.

To your second part, the fact that you staed that you're right and he's wrong and for him to shut up, proves even more that you have a lot to learn about life, son.

Yeah a Ferrari might perform well stock, but take $250,000.00 and use it the way I would, I'll have a car that performs ten times better than any Ferrari, looks 5 times better, and I'll like 50 times more because it's my own, and I'll have an extra, I don't know... $180,000.00 to spend?

Drive your Ferrari to the golf course and play a couple of rounds with your friends. You wouldn't last ten minutes at a race scene with that attitude, people put serious wrench time into their cars and they enjoy the sweet sound of their four cylinder engines screaming when that third rocker arm hits and they watch that punk rich kid in their rear view suddenly becoming smaller, along with the size of his "manly balls". Mercedes are not meant to be fast and they're drivers are not meant to be in a racing scene forum.

Oh yeah and you better call a lawyer, coz your ass just got owned.

flylwsi
07-06-2002, 01:38 PM
okee dokee...

here is the point.

riceburnerjb talks shit outta his ass.

he said, " i dont have a civic, i have a m-b"
then he says, "maybe i just drive a golf...when did i say i had a m-b"

try two posts earlier.

grow up.

this board is so full of haters that it is a real waste of time.
i wish people could possibly read the specs right from the magazines before they come here and claim they have the car the magazine just tested.

and the merc and porsche being on the same level, but the porsche not on the level of the ferrari? what are you smokin?
you may want to consider conserving brain cells... you seem to be dangerously close to double talking your way out of them...

DeViL
07-06-2002, 05:16 PM

That was the Collector's Addition Firebird no doubt. I don't like black wheels but it certainly fits that car well. Looked like this right?

http://www.glassnews.com/ebay/car2.jpg
http://www.glassnews.com/ebay/car1.jpg
Is that sweet or what?

I've wanted to try one of those new Trans Ams with Ram Air for a long time now. My 88 has nothing on those things damn I wish they didn't get rid of them. Oh well at least the GTO seems to be promising. Now I'm definately going to give one of those things a test drive.

PreludeToGreatness
07-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Benz Boy,

I'd like to know what exactly is your motivation behind coming in here and mingling with us "common folk" ?

From the way you act it doesn't seem like your doing very well at whatever it is you are attempting to achieve.

And by the way, don't go outside when it rains, I'm afraid you might drown as high up in the air as your nose is.

kidrocket
07-09-2002, 09:56 AM
hes just pissed because he bought an overpriced status symbol, that as it turns out is slower than many of the cars on the road. was that little peace sign lookin badge worth all that extra money? maybe next time youll be like most of us and buy a car for substance, and not because everyone else has one. and dont even be "like this coming from the guy with the civic" , because i paid for my car, and its what i can afford. if i could afford a benz, i sure wouldnt buy one, id have an S4 with a turbo upgrade, and blow your doors off all day, with luxury style at the same time

S2Corolla
07-09-2002, 11:20 AM
S4 with a turbo upgrade. Finally someone with taste in car's. If I had enough money for a Benz, I would get an S2000 and drop a Comptech Blower on it. OMG would that be the most amazing thing in the world.

Enough of all this nonsense. You don't like Honda's, so what? I don't like Nissans, I don't talk trash about them because even when I get my Type R, an S14 or an R34 can still make me look like a jack ass on the road, coarse or track.

You have to respect every type of car because they all have different clubs of combat when it comes to performance. You take Dodge for example. You can talk trash all you want about that one SOHC Neon down the block with exhaust and 18 inch rims, but you can't even process the THOUGHT of talking trash about that one primered Neon at the track with a funny idle and a roll cage. Don't even bring the Viper into that either, because GTS's OWN most of their competition.

I used to own a 1968 6.6 liter 400 cubic inch powered Firebird Formula, yellow with black stripes, matched with a turbo 400 transmission 4 speed auto with a stall converter. Me and my friend used to sit at school and talk shit about Honda's like they were the asshole of the Earth. One weekend we went to the track and his all motor 1967 Cougar got its ass handed to it by a Civic hatchback, I didn't know what the heck he was talking about when he told me he had a B16A with integra type r cams. I knew he told us earlier that he had intake header and exhaust, but we thought he meant the stock motor. This guy beat my friends mid 13-second Cougar by at least 6 car's.

Don't talk trash about Honda. Maybe 6 years ago you could talk trash about Honda and your ass won't be on a platter, but not now buddy, Honda has a name now.

Grendel
07-10-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by DeViL

That was the Collector's Addition Firebird no doubt. I don't like black wheels but it certainly fits that car well. Looked like this right?

Is that sweet or what?

I've wanted to try one of those new Trans Ams with Ram Air for a long time now. My 88 has nothing on those things damn I wish they didn't get rid of them. Oh well at least the GTO seems to be promising. Now I'm definately going to give one of those things a test drive.

I have seen two of those T/A's... one near my friends house (different town), and one near my work, both have lady drivers... I really don't like the decals or whatever they are on the T/A... they look like they belong on a "pimped out lowrider truck" that a person of "hispanic background" would drive :) At least the little stripes and all that do... the little bird symbols are cool...

They should have done it like an old school Firebird where there is a huge bird on the hood...

-Grendel

-Grendel

tenzoracerevovii
07-10-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by DeViL

Is that sweet or what?

Exactly......that car is pretty cool. My teacher has one of those ram air hoods in my class. They're going to make a copy of it and shit to make 'em for other cars. pretty cool. I was wondering where they got that hood from......

crab
07-18-2002, 01:44 PM
What a pathetic story. Guy, you're a loser.

Even if your Civic Si is modded and stuff (I would think so... if you had said you whipped the SL55 AMG in a STOCK Civic Si, then, well, you're even more a retard... enuf said here), the SL55 AMG driver wasn't racing, period.

Trust me, I take a ride in a 996 Turbo all the time (when I'm not building models or not at school). We DO NOT RACE other people, that's like, stupid... I mean, we have 400+ hp right behind us... of course we're gonna beat every car on the road if we wanted to, so why bother?? Just drive slow and check out the chicks on the road, THAT'S what you do in a nice car... not race against some immature momma's boy.

DeViL
07-18-2002, 01:57 PM
I don't think the giant Firebird would really look right on that one. They'd have to put it all over the humps of the ram air scoops lol.

They could of done something like that for the Formula though since that has a flat hood.

Ssom
07-23-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by S2Corolla

Yeah a Ferrari might perform well stock, but take $250,000.00 and use it the way I would, I'll have a car that performs ten times better than any Ferrari, looks 5 times better, and I'll like 50 times more because it's my own, and I'll have an extra, I don't know... $180,000.00 to spend?

Sorry mate but unless you put a Ferrari replica body kit onto it, it will never look better than a Ferrari.........

Get your hand off it tosser :finger4:

and if a car performed 10 times better than a Ferrari, then you can kiss street use good-bye

I think your stuid ass has been owned :mad:

Melt
07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
unless you put a Ferrari replica body kit onto it, it will never look better than a Ferrari.........
What are you smoking? Have you seen ferarri's latley? The damn things look like electric shavers!!

YogsVR4
07-23-2002, 01:59 PM
Ferrari? I dont care about the body - I want the engine from the F50.

Never pay again for live sex! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=1) | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=3) | Chat for free! (http://showmewebcam.com/?p=5)

Ssom
07-25-2002, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Melt

What are you smoking? Have you seen ferarri's latley? The damn things look like electric shavers!!

So Civics these days look like fucken Jellybeans......

Oh Yogs......Why not an engine from a Koening F50???:devil:

Melt
07-26-2002, 12:13 PM
Jellybeans? I dont think so, and lets focus on the situation at hand, AMG's are overrated pieces of shit and the people that drive them and try to street race with them should be drug out into the street and shot.
Originally posted by onesojourner
If your doing a burn out to impress people you are an idiot rice boy and i hope you car blows up. the last 3 time i met up in a parking lot idiots in cavys and civics were burning out and the cops got called. an aspire can do a burn out so who the crap cares.

Ssom
08-03-2002, 02:30 AM
Jellybeans? I dont think so, and lets focus on the situation at hand, AMG's are overrated pieces of shit and the people that drive them and try to street race with them should be drug out into the street and shot.

WHAAAAATTTT!!!!!!

You are the biggest blimmin tosser, with the stupidest bloody comment I have come across in all my time on AF. Firstly, AMG's are supercharged, they are powerful, they are fast, they make a noise that no Honda can ever match.....Sure they are heavy, but the extra power more than makes up for it.

Then they are RWD, aka a proper drvetrain, unlike Hon-duh's which are pissy little FWD's, which make them dull and uninspiring drive whereas every car magazine and TV show I know of has reffered to the AMG Mercs as a stonking good drive........

Then step into the AMG's cabin, luxury!!! Comfort!!!! Build Quality!!!!! whereas a Honda cabin is the most dull grampa-looking thing that I have seen, even the Suzuki Lianas cabin is more exciting!!!!

And why the hell should AMG drivers be shot??? They have just as much right to choose what car to drive as anyone else out there, if anything, pissy little rice-boy Hon-duh owners who thibk because thier stock VTEC engine can do a burnout, that thier car is a Z06 or 550 Maranello beater, are the ones that should be shot......

Still, I think the forum should disregard your comments, as you had no proof to back up your earlier comments :mad: :finger4:

and for the record this comment does not apply to the S200 NSX or (some) Type R cars

cybercrx00
08-03-2002, 08:49 AM
you are bloody, stonkin gay. just because a car is expensive doesn't mean it is hot shit, it just means it is expensive. fwd cars can be fun to drive, i think my stock prelude sh is funner than my 300zxtt which put down 367hp/394tq. sure it was faster, but the prelude is much funner. there is one thing about big heavey boats like that mercedes, they can't be tossed around like a lightweight fwd honda. if fwd are so uninspiring, why is it that the itr has never had a bad reviews, and I have never heard it be called uninspiring.

let me give you a few reviews i found
" Oh my, this is one exciting and enjoyable car to drive - more so than expected, by far. Each opportunity to slip behind the wheel was met with a smile and a few twinges of anxious anticipation. Why? Because except for high-priced sports cars, few automobiles respond so immediately and precisely to the driver's wishes as well as the Prelude. It's simply chock-full of true sports-car moves"-www.tirekick.com
"Sure you can get a Mustang GT that would blow the Honda's doors off for less money but the 'Stang is a slap in the face whereas the Prelude speaks of confidence and maturity"-automotivereview

gotta go to work, i'll put you up some more later

94svt5.0
08-03-2002, 10:40 AM
Sounds like a statement of opinion. Yes we all know the prelude is god. And yes we all know that the great fwd platform will out run every thing on the track. Seeing that all great dragracers and autocross people are racing fwd. The prelude will probably cause the porshe to become obsolete.:rolleyes:

Grendel
08-03-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by 94svt5.0
Sounds like a statement of opinion. Yes we all know the prelude is god. And yes we all know that the great fwd platform will out run every thing on the track. Seeing that all great dragracers and autocross people are racing fwd. The prelude will probably cause the porshe to become obsolete.:rolleyes:

Lol...

I was talking to my friend the other day about the next car I'm going to buy... he suggested a CRX because they are really light... I said 240sx because its RWD and handles great... And I said I don't like FWD at all...

He says "Rear wheel drive is for pussies" :bloated:

He drives an Integra GSR btw... It was great when I let him drive my Z and watched how he almost shit himself as he felt the good old RWD oversteer (we were driving on a dirt road... mucho oversteer there) :p

-Grendel

94svt5.0
08-03-2002, 09:28 PM
There is nothing like romping on the throttle and kicking that rear end out.:D

Ssom
08-04-2002, 01:25 AM
There is nothing like romping on the throttle and kicking that rear end out.:D

AMEN TO THAT BROTHER!!!!!! :D :) :D :D

Now if only I could afford an S15 Silvia Spec R........THAT is the car to put some driftin to the test, while having minor traction (Enough to stop it completely losing control)....Vrrrrrooooooooooooooommmmmmm.......

As for the guy with the Prelude, bullshit it is better than a 300ZX TT, the 300ZX makes almost any car boring, they are just some of the sweetest cars that not-a-lot-of money can buy :bloated:

cybercrx00
08-04-2002, 09:26 AM
why would i lie? with 395 lb/ft tq, it was a constant battle to keep the rear tires behind you. the prelude is point and shoot. the prelude also takes turns much faster than the Z, and you can get on the throttle in the middle of a turn and let both front tires pull you through. the Z was a fat pig, sure it was fast and luxurious, but that was the extent, the prelude is much more fun.

94svt5.0
08-04-2002, 02:35 PM
If that is your idea of fun, then have at it.

Grendel
08-04-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by cybercrx00
why would i lie? with 395 lb/ft tq, it was a constant battle to keep the rear tires behind you. the prelude is point and shoot. the prelude also takes turns much faster than the Z, and you can get on the throttle in the middle of a turn and let both front tires pull you through. the Z was a fat pig, sure it was fast and luxurious, but that was the extent, the prelude is much more fun.

You mean get on the throttle in the middle of the turn and understeer out of it? :p j/k

I'm sure you get a 300zx to handle pretty good with some aftermarket suspension parts or somethin... *shrugs*

If I had to pick, I would take the 300zx... its better to have your rear tires slide out a bit and slide sideways through a turn than to have your front tires not want to turn at all and instead of sliding through the turn, you skid off the road...

-Grendel

cybercrx00
08-04-2002, 08:42 PM
hence the prelude SH model, with atts, when you turn and give it gas, it turns, not like a convention open diff. it drives both front wheels to pull you through the turn, so your front end does not try to go straight while the wheels are turned

Melt
08-04-2002, 08:50 PM
Ok, I have only owned 2 cars over my short lifetime. A 73 MGB-GT which was RWD and now the FWD 91 Civic Sedan. Let me tell you guys, the civic will outperform the MG on a windy road any day of the week, I love being able to give it some gas in a turn and letting the front end pull the rear end out of a skid. As a matter of fact, if the MG was FWD, I would have never crashed it, I would have been able to pull out of my skid into a hill (which resulted from some ass driving one the wrong side of the road and me skidding off the side mid turn to avoid a head on collision)

NSX-R-SSJ20K
08-05-2002, 11:15 AM
wow tard ignorant bastard

go watch the GT mustang get spanked by a S2000

94svt5.0
08-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by NSX-R-SSJ20K
wow tard ignorant bastard

go watch the GT mustang get spanked by a S2000

How is that related? Both of those cars are rear wheel drive.

Ssom
08-06-2002, 01:16 AM
Ok, I have only owned 2 cars over my short lifetime. A 73 MGB-GT which was RWD and now the FWD 91 Civic Sedan. Let me tell you guys, the civic will outperform the MG on a windy road any day of the week, I love being able to give it some gas in a turn and letting the front end pull the rear end out of a skid. As a matter of fact, if the MG was FWD, I would have never crashed it, I would have been able to pull out of my skid into a hill (which resulted from some ass driving one the wrong side of the road and me skidding off the side mid turn to avoid a head on collision)

But MGB's are just over-dressed Morris 1100's (at least I think thats the model, I could be wrong), anything can out-do an MGB, try driving a windy road in a 240SX (A REAL RWD car) and notice how much more enjoyable they are than a FWD:)

cybercrx00
08-06-2002, 01:39 AM
try it in a fwd, with an lsd like an itr or a g20t, it is just as fun, but in a different way. if all fwd were shitty, nobody would race them, but people do, and they are just as competent as a rwd car.

itsmeek
09-01-2002, 05:48 PM
you beat an amg benz? yeah, i'd love to see that one. i may be new to this forum, but i sure as hell wouldn't believe this one until i saw it. i used to have an ls-1 camaro w/minor mods (headers, exhaust, intake) even w/that I wouldn't count on beating the benz u said u beat. and people, stop hating, if someone has a benz, well more power to them. and if their parents got it for them, then good for them, obviously the parents worked for the money. before i got into this database b.s. i used to be part owner of an exotics dealership. i've driven the best of the cars (911's, m3's, ferrari's) theres a reason they cost more. and if u lose to an amg, it's not an embarrasment, the car costs 5 times what your civic does. i love my rsx-s :bandit:

1mic
09-01-2002, 06:45 PM
ahaha sooo true preludes are ok there not ALL that

1mic
09-01-2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by cybercrx00
try it in a fwd, with an lsd like an itr or a g20t, it is just as fun, but in a different way. if all fwd were shitty, nobody would race them, but people do, and they are just as competent as a rwd car.
just as "competent" but will NEVER achieve what a rwd can, if so why arent F1's fwd???

Add your comment to this topic!