Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

300 m problems

margy
11-15-2005, 09:41 PM
2000 300 M- many items are starting to go bad
Heated drivers seat (could be the drink that got spilled)
drivers window bracket broke which cause the window to fall off the track. I fixed the bracket my self with J B weld. repair shop had to put window back in $70.00
Power steering cooler had a hole in it. would have cost over $300 t here is a TSB on this. A friend was able to use a special weld to fix it for me. been okay for over 1 year.
My question is my front passenger door speaker I thought blew. Sounded horrible, all bass even with bass off. I took the speaker out,
then the driver door speaker did the same thing. along with the small speaker by the window. Could taking out the one speaker maybe have blown the other speaker, as too much power. I know you can turn off the front and only play the back speakers with out blowing the front. With the speaker removed could it have cause the other one to blow.
I went to tweeters and the said off the top of their heads with out checking they would bet the amp was going. bad. I have the 4 disc player with the larger amp? I also read i cant just replace with aftermarket speakers as the new speakers would only get bass. I would have to get an aftermarket radio and by pass the factory amp? Help.
any body had this problem or can guide me. I know nothing about radio's except they gotta sound good.

srdjs1
02-20-2006, 02:02 PM
when you took out the passenger side front speaker did you swap the balance to put more power tword the driver side door?
If not by removing a speaker like that with nothing else in its place causes a short in the amp and could cause the amp to fry. It sounds like that may be the case as far as factory installed amps to my knowledge they can be really screwy.

tinmanwpk
03-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Have you gotten any more help on this topic? I am reluctant to post because of the date you last posted and the amount of time to answer you mulitple questions.

tinmanwpk
04-07-2006, 07:38 AM
(bump) Are you out there, Margy?

Add your comment to this topic!