Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

transmission sensor? brake vibration

bandicot
11-12-2005, 04:37 PM
My wife had her 03' detailed and when she picked it up and drove off she noticed that even though she was in Drive it wa actually in first and 1st was illuminated on the dash. So she tried shifting the gears in manual and it would not shift into any other gear she put it back into Drive and it went into 2nd. When she got off work (it sat for about four hours) it drove home w/ no problems.That was about two weeks ago and still no problems. I read in another fourm a guy had close to the same problem and replaced his transmission sensor $250.00 I think thats how much it cost, after reading that I thought thats what it had to be but its been fine so should I have it checked out? Is there anything the detailers could have done to it ? They only detailed the outside and interior they didnt do the engine.

Has anyone had a prob with the front end? When we use the brakes its grindes and vibrates. We had the brakes done nothing said about there being any problemswhen there wer done. It was fine for a couple of weeks now its back worse then before?

lowsonoma1999
11-14-2005, 08:03 AM
It is possible the shifting problem was a result of the detail. There is a sensor on the shifter to detect if its in drive or in the manual mode. It is possible that they sprayed enough junk on it that it got wet, and until it dried out, you were having problems. The dealership won't be able to tell you anything without it acting up. Without it actually doing it on them, they have no way to tell what the problem is.

I say take it back to whoever did your brakes. More than likely the put some junk rotors on it, or turned them too thin causing them to warp to easily.

My wife had her 03' detailed and when she picked it up and drove off she noticed that even though she was in Drive it wa actually in first and 1st was illuminated on the dash. So she tried shifting the gears in manual and it would not shift into any other gear she put it back into Drive and it went into 2nd. When she got off work (it sat for about four hours) it drove home w/ no problems.That was about two weeks ago and still no problems. I read in another fourm a guy had close to the same problem and replaced his transmission sensor $250.00 I think thats how much it cost, after reading that I thought thats what it had to be but its been fine so should I have it checked out? Is there anything the detailers could have done to it ? They only detailed the outside and interior they didnt do the engine.

Has anyone had a prob with the front end? When we use the brakes its grindes and vibrates. We had the brakes done nothing said about there being any problemswhen there wer done. It was fine for a couple of weeks now its back worse then before?

Add your comment to this topic!