Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

EGR error

buffy_chic
11-10-2005, 12:18 PM
Looks like a lot of us Millenia owners have the same problems with our cars. I have a 95 Mazda Millenia and the Check engine light came on in July. It has stalled on me a few times since then but just recently it would stall on me THREE times on my way to work...and did the same thing on the way home, while I was driving. Its like I'm pressing on the gas and it does nothing and so as I'm pulling over it just dies. Aftera few minutes it starts right back up but the same problem keeps happening.

I have read most comments on here about it, and my friend is going to check out the throttle body today, but what have you guys all found on fixes? Is it norally the EGR valve itself...or is it the computer, etc.

mazdatech177
11-10-2005, 01:32 PM
for the stalling concern, it sounds like your distributor assembly... since that is a safety issue i would suggest you get a reman distributor unit from your local mazda dealer, ive had some problems with people installing aftermarket units. unless you have a check engine light on for some kind egr flow malfunction then there shouldnt be a problem there.

OrganDonors
12-01-2005, 07:10 PM
I am having a similar problem the car accelerates only under light throttle moderate to heavy throttle and it stalls out please help

Add your comment to this topic!