Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 acclaim dying on us!!!

pb1998
11-04-2005, 06:48 PM
Help! We have a 94 plymouth acclaim v6- my husband just tried to leave work, 30 miles away, and it would not start. It finally started and now, as he has been attempting to drive home, it keeps dying on him. He got gas this morning, his dad said maybe some bad gas? Pleeeeeeese if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. This car has nearly 190,000 miles on it, and has had 2 trannys put in it, with timing belt replaced las year. We have not changed the spark plugs in quite awhile and is badly in need of an oil change but my husband unfortunately does not see the importance of vehicle upkeep! Please help!!!

pb1998

theFREAKnasty82
11-07-2005, 02:07 AM
well, if the plugs haven't been changed, that's a very good reason why it's dying on you. Get those changed immediately and also while you're at it, replace the fuel & air filters, distributor cap & rotor and please change your oil. You'll see a huge difference in the way the car runs and depending on where you live, if your state has mandatory inspections, it could fail and not be allowed to drive on the road until it's fixed.

L Oliver
11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
doing upkeep on a car that has 190k miles should be very important excpecially on your daily driver, do your oil change and plugs but get your self some fuel injector cleaner the next time your in walmart (cheap) and follow the instructions cause it sounds like your injectors need some loving

Add your comment to this topic!