Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lambo / Regular Doors

Monice02
11-02-2005, 12:46 PM
i Like Lambo Doors, thers Cool but there to flashy for me so i was looking around e-bay and i saw Lambo doors / Regular doors GREAT i go to the auto -body shops aroudn where i live and they haven't heard of Lambo / Regular doors - one word HELP!!!!!

Schister66
11-02-2005, 02:15 PM
Most places don't deal w/ them....how much are they because i think they're a pain in the ass. I have a friend that has them on his boosted 00 EX and its just a damn hassle getting in and out w/ that damn door in the way. They look cool, but for the money, you could do so much more!! Also, if you don't have anything else done, it would look really out of place. But that's my :2cents:

Monice02
11-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Most places don't deal w/ them....how much are they because i think they're a pain in the ass. I have a friend that has them on his boosted 00 EX and its just a damn hassle getting in and out w/ that damn door in the way. They look cool, but for the money, you could do so much more!! Also, if you don't have anything else done, it would look really out of place. But that's my :2cents:

yeah im planning on taking a 96 Civc and giving it the works but i need to know where i can find the doors because i havent seen them in any online places and no local auto body shops

Schister66
11-02-2005, 02:38 PM
well i hope you're ready to pour money at this thing like there's no tomorrow, but to each his own i suppose!!

I would just get a pic of the lambo doors and try to get some instructions or something and bring that to a body shop and see what they say.....

eckoman_pdx
11-14-2005, 05:57 PM
Alright, before I give you advice on this, I am going to warn you. Lambo doors ARE a pain in the ass. I should know, I have them. I am sponsored by a reputable company that has been selling them for quiet some time (I've been sponsored by them for a long time).

Yes, they are good for shows. People notice them. However, they don't stand out like they once did. The MSRP has dropped on them, and with more companies copying design and all, it's becoming quiet commen on the show circut, compared to what it used to be. Also, they are a pain to get into and out of, day in and day out. You go to the store, you gotta lift them. Left a CD in the car, got to lift them. People look and ohh and ahh, but belive me, you liking that is short lived. You can't get a pepsi at the sotre without someone seeing it and wanting to talk, and the "coolness factor" wears off pretty quick. You end up trying to squeeze in and out of the car though the little bit it does open out instead of opening them up. Then people ask, "are your doors broke?" Usually, I just tend to asnwer "yes" to aviod a lengthy explanation. If you aren't going to show the car at car shows consistantly, I'd say lambo doors are a waste, more trouble than they are worth.:2cents:

Also, a lot of people don't install them themselves, and the people that put them on have no clue what they are doing. The doors and fenders arn't flush, and gosh knows what else. It's not like they are hard to install, but dang I've sean some screwed up installs. I could install em in my sleep at this point, but still...watch out for crap like that. If you have some install and the doors and fenders arn't flush, take it back and make them fix it...and they CAN fix it if they know what they are doing.

Now, as for kits, I once did see a kit that advertised they could open out normally and up, but I have never heard of the company and to be honest, never seen or heard of them again. If I can across any info, I'll post it, but I can't say if the product is any good or not, as I have obviously never seen it.

If you want lambo doors, pretty much expect to loose your normal opening doors. They open up for now on, not out. If you are serious about it, check out Decah and GT Factory. They make the 2 best kits onthe market IMO. Decah is bolt on, with GT Factory you will have to either weld them on or drill your own bolt pattern, but they can open up a full 90 degrees in the air. Both are of good qaulity.

www.decah.net
570-848-2439

I don't know GT Factory's site off the top of my head, but a few places sell them. Here's one.
http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtf.htm

Monice02
11-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Alright, before I give you advice on this, I am going to warn you. Lambo doors ARE a pain in the ass. I should know, I have them. I am sponsored by a reputable company that has been selling them for quiet some time (I've been sponsored by them for a long time).

Yes, they are good for shows. People notice them. However, they don't stand out like they once did. The MSRP has dropped on them, and with more companies copying design and all, it's becoming quiet commen on the show circut, compared to what it used to be. Also, they are a pain to get into and out of, day in and day out. You go to the store, you gotta lift them. Left a CD in the car, got to lift them. People look and ohh and ahh, but belive me, you liking that is short lived. You can't get a pepsi at the sotre without someone seeing it and wanting to talk, and the "coolness factor" wears off pretty quick. You end up trying to squeeze in and out of the car though the little bit it does open out instead of opening them up. Then people ask, "are your doors broke?" Usually, I just tend to asnwer "yes" to aviod a lengthy explanation. If you aren't going to show the car at car shows consistantly, I'd say lambo doors are a waste, more trouble than they are worth.:2cents:

Also, a lot of people don't install them themselves, and the people that put them on have no clue what they are doing. The doors and fenders arn't flush, and gosh knows what else. It's not like they are hard to install, but dang I've sean some screwed up installs. I could install em in my sleep at this point, but still...watch out for crap like that. If you have some install and the doors and fenders arn't flush, take it back and make them fix it...and they CAN fix it if they know what they are doing.

Now, as for kits, I once did see a kit that advertised they could open out normally and up, but I have never heard of the company and to be honest, never seen or heard of them again. If I can across any info, I'll post it, but I can't say if the product is any good or not, as I have obviously never seen it.

If you want lambo doors, pretty much expect to loose your normal opening doors. They open up for now on, not out. If you are serious about it, check out Decah and GT Factory. They make the 2 best kits onthe market IMO. Decah is bolt on, with GT Factory you will have to either weld them on or drill your own bolt pattern, but they can open up a full 90 degrees in the air. Both are of good qaulity.

www.decah.net
570-848-2439

I don't know GT Factory's site off the top of my head, but a few places sell them. Here's one.
http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtf.htm

thanks alot ohh and since i posed this ive seen something cool they have auto lambo doors and ive been considering them just have the button installed in car and certain car remotes have it

94PreludeJDM
11-15-2005, 01:45 AM
I'd be interested in where you found them, just to take a look. Can you post the link?

Monice02
11-15-2005, 08:43 AM
I'd be interested in where you found them, just to take a look. Can you post the link?

Here is the link to the Auto Lambo Door Setup Kit i found *NOTE does say " May require Modification to work on your car" a.k.a $$$$$

http://www2.redrumcustoms.com/pd_auto_loc_130.cfm

WDELOAD
11-19-2005, 12:12 PM
i have a kit i was gunna put on my crx but decided i didn't want to.. there from andys auto sports... if interested gimmie a call

eckoman_pdx
11-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Okay, I have more of my info in front of me right now, so I can be a little more in-depth with multiple companies and include a few more links.

That's autoloc's new designed lambo door kit. It's universal, like GT Factory. So it will most lily; require you to either drill a bolt pattern into the monut plates or ou'll have to weld it on. It actaully looks like a rip off of GT Factory's design. It looks like they based their kit off of GT Factory's design. That's pretty commen practice. Vertical doors, number 1 and most quite a few companies ripped off Decah's design. Most kits on the marked are either based off of the GT Factory or the Decah design. The regular 90 degree openign redrum design kit is a GT Factory rip off design too. The arm looks similer to gt factories on both, and they use the same smaller shock 2 shock set-up, and shock placement is the same. The doors don't really open reguler, they open up though. Wing Doors claims their doors "opem like stock." They really don't though, as they don't open fully out, just a little..enough so you have are supposed to have enough room to squeeze in without lifting up or by lifting up just a few inchs. It's not much though, in terms of out. Same with LSD Doors. They open out some but not out a lot, not enough I'd call it normal. It only looks like it opens about the same as decah. Basically, normal ot a small predetirtmend amount, butn ot much of an opening, espeically since normal to the average person means OEM opening and none will open that wide. No kit really opens normally fully. Almost all kits open up normally to a pre-detrimed angle to allow quick entry and exit to the vehicle. Some, like decah, don't advirtise this as "opening normal and up" since it doesn't open normally fully as a regular door would. As I said, it's to a pre-determined angle, not full open like you have OEM. It's good for quick entry and exit, or if your like me and hate opening them up. Others, like LSD doors and wing doors claim "opens normally." The really don't open much more normal than say, decah, they just market that it opens normally, to gain sales and market segment, etc. I looked at wing doors once and dang they looked like a pain in the ass to install. Unversial fit and a not so simple installation. Again, their design looks like a mdified GT Factory design. As for the auto up parts, thats a pretty commen auto-loc (the company) option, as they make liner actuators, and the actuators are what are opening the door out a bit then up automatically.

I havn't seen the new auto-loc design. The are near my house, but I havn't looked. I know I saw their old design (VERY DIFFERENT) and it sucked ass in my opinion.

GT Factory should install much like auto-loc (both are universal and require installs like I mentioned above). GT Factory should run about $1000 versus $1600, but doesn't open up automatically. I personally wouldn't want it opening up automatically. I don't lift mine up all the way to get in, just enough so I can side it. Automatically would take longer to open and it would go up all the way, I'd think it's just "bling factor" that would were off quick. :2cents:

Decah should have a price range of $979-$1299 depending on th application, and those are more "bolt-on." Yeah, there are tricks you need to know to install em correct and line them up, and you need to roll the fenders, etc...but the bolt pattern is already machined into the assembly to match your oem bolt pattern. I've isntalled them before, and for me it's pretty straightforward and easy. Their shocks are high qaulity too, they last, unlike many cheap kits where the shocks wear out and the doors wouldn't stay up. If by some freak you do need new shocks, they can sell you replacements. It's also not the same pressure shock for every kit. The shock included depends on the car. A car with a heavier door, like a 03 350Z, will get heavier duty shocks than a CRX. You can request heavier duty shocks in you need them. They match them well per application, as the doors open easily and smoothly when you lift them, and they stay up for as long as you ask them to. As I said above, like the kits that claim "opens normally," decah opens about as normal as they do. Not all the way, just a bit to a pre-detrimend angle to allow quick vehicle entry and exit. It's not much of an opening, none of them are...compared to OEM doors.

The autoloc kit looks decent in pics, a lot better than their old one (it sucked). They are pretty well know in the the hot rod industry for their actuators, suiside door hinges and bear claw latchs, etc...as for how this kit is put toghter, can't say..havn't seen it in person. If you have your heart set on automatic up opening doors, autooc is gonna be your best best, as they are the only one that inlcudes actuators to open they up, versus the high power shocks and you lift. Not that there's no way to mod someone elses hinge for actuators to fit, but autoloc is the only one who has done that. Probably cuz actatuors are their thing.

I've always felt if you want the design, go with the company that designed it. That's either Decah or GT Factory, since almost all other companies designs are rip off designs based off of those 2 companies designs. In fact, looking at that site you gave, most of the lambo door kits on that site look like they based their designs off of either Decah's design or GT Factory's design. LSD Doors design isn't really based on Decah or GT Factory, most of the others there seem to be. There was one company I couldn't find a pic or site giving me a good look at the hinge assembly, so I couldn't tell on.

Here is autlocs link for you to look at there site. I found what they had pretty useless. It too a bit to find the new kit on the site, as some of the links in the "lambo door section" link you to the old 3 hinge assebly design (the one I thought was crap). I finally found the link of the new design (130 degree design you looked at). Had to click on "buy now" to see it. To make it easier for you to find, I've just linked you straight to the 2 new kits below(standard and deluxe). They did claim they have bolt on kits, though I know in the past with the old kit 3 way hinge kit this was incorrect. It can't hurt to call and find out.

(standard)
http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?ITEMID=UDS130

(Deluxe)
http://www.autoloc.com/detail.lasso?ITEMID=UDSD130

Autoloc
1-800-873-4038 toll free
503-693-1918 tech support

201 SE Oak Street
Portland, OR 97214
USA

Anyways, here are the 3 companies who came up with their own designs. With GT Factoies site, google is useless for finding it. Decahs design and GT Factorys design tend to be the most copied/lifted.

LSD Doors (German company, first link is english site, second is german version)
http://www.lsd-doors.com/indexlsd.html
http://www.lsd-doors.de/

Decah (US Company)
http://www.decah.net
1-888-551-1154
Livingston, NJ

GT Factory (Japanese Company)
http://www.gtfactory.jp/
858-566-6969
San Deigo, CA

Monice02
11-19-2005, 03:43 PM
That's autoloc's new designed lambo door kit. It's universal, like GT Factory. So it will most lily; require you to either drill a bolt pattern into the monut plates or ou'll have to weld it on. It actaully looks like a rip off of GT Factory's design. It looks like they based their kit off of GT Factory's design. That's pretty commen practice. Vertical doors, number 1 and most quite a few companies ripped off Decah's design. Most kits on the marked are either based off of the GT Factory or the Decah design. The regular 90 degree openign redrum design kit is a GT Factory rip off design too. The arm looks similer to gt factories on both, and they use the same smaller shock 2 shock set-up, and shock placement is the same. The doors don't really open reguler, they open up though. Wing Doors claims their doors "opem like stock." They really don't thoough, as they don't open fully out, just a little more than the other companies, so you have are supposed to have enough room to get in without opening up. They don't go auto up though, and they are a fairly new company, so I have no real info on them or their products. I looked at em once and dang they looked like a pain in the ass to install. Unversial fit and a not so simple installation. Again, their design looks like a mdified GT Factory design. As for the auto up parts, thats a pretty commen auto-loc (the company) option, as they make liner actuators, and the actuators are what are opening the door out a bit then up automatically.

I havn't seen the new auto-loc design. The are near my house, but I havn't looked. I know I saw their old design (VERY DIFFERENT) and it sucked ass in my opinion.

GT Factory should install much like auto-loc (both are universal and require installs like I mentioned above). GT Factory should run about $1000 versus $1600, but doesn't open up automatically. I personally wouldn't want it opening up automatically. I don't lift mine up all the way to get in, just enough so I can side it. Automatically would take longer to open and it would go up all the way, I'd think it's just "bling factor" that would were off quick. :2cents:

Decah should be starting around $1000 for there kits now, and those are more "bolt-on." Yeah, there are tricks you need to know to install em correct and line them up, and you need to roll the fenders, etc...but the bolt pattern is already machined into the assembly to match your oem bolt pattern.

The autoloc kit looks decent in pics, a lot better than their old one (it sucked). They are pretty well know in the the hot rod industry for their actuators, suiside door hinges and bear claw latchs, etc...as for how this kit is put toghter, can't say..havn't seen it in person. If you have your heart set on automatic up opening doors, autooc is gonna be your best best, as they are the only one that inlcudes actuators to open they up, versus the high power shocks and you lift. Not that there's no way to mod someone elses hinge for actuators to fit, but autoloc is the only one who has done that. Probably cuz actatuors are their thing.

I've always felt if you want the design, go with the company that designed it. That's either Decah or GT Factory, since almost all other companies designs are rip off designs based off of those 2 companies designs. In fact, looking at that site you gave, most of the lambo door kits on that site look like they based their designs off of either Decah's design or GT Factory's design. LSD Doors design isn't really based on Decah or GT Factory, most of the others there seem to be. There was one company I couldn't find a pic or site giving me a good look at the hinge assembly, so I couldn't tell on.

I havn't included autlocs link for you to look at there site, as I found what they had pretty useless. If you want there contact info I can get it for you though.

Anyways, here are the 3 companies who came up with their own designs. I remembered GT Factoies site (google is useless for finding it), so it's there this time. Decahs and GT Factorys designs tend to be the most lifted.

LSD Doors (German company, first link is english site, second is german version)
http://www.lsd-doors.com/indexlsd.html
http://www.lsd-doors.de/

Decah (US Company)
http://www.decah.net

GT Factory (Japanese Company)
http://www.gtfactory.jp/

OMG THANK YOU !!!!!!! took me forever and like 3 headaches but thank you sooo much im in you dept ( until i get the conversion and get tired of it) lol

Liquid Silver
11-19-2005, 03:43 PM
$1600
hmmmm full Greddy turbo kit or funny looking doors on a honda.. I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd but I'd buy a turbo.

eckoman_pdx
11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
hmmmm full Greddy turbo kit or funny looking doors on a honda.. I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd but I'd buy a turbo.

You miss-represented the puprose of that price first of all. I was telling him GT Factory runs $1000 vesus $1600 like autoloc. Second, I'd pass on the greddy turbo kit. It's NOT a full kit. No BOV, No Intercooler, limited fuel mangement. All those are options and UPGRADES. $1600 won't get you any of those, and without those it's hardly adiquet to run on a car. Add those on and...ding ding, you just hit a nice $3000 at least. Wow, thats twice the price you listed!!! A BIG difference. Also, greddy kits are not the most efficant in the world, by any means, so if you want my 2 cents spending 2 grand on a greddy "kit" is a waste of money too. inefficent and doesn't include essential components. Greddy makes the worst kits on the market. There power output is below alomost all others, and they don't include ESSENTIALS in the kit, like an intercooler, fuel management and a BOV. There are all options purchased seperatly with greddy, so don't be fooled. It's not a complate kit for that price...it last SEVERAL esstainal componts you should have if you are planning to turbo a car.

Do your research before you mis-represent my quote and hijack a thread. This is the EXTERIOR forum....NOT the turbo forum. Second, as I said, spending money on a greddy "kit" is a waste...and not a smart choice of wha tto spend your money on. If you want a turbo, their are better turbos out there.

Now lets stop the hi-jaciking and get back on track. This is an EXTERIOR forum, and the purpose place to ask about exterior mods. This is not the turbo forum.

Liquid Silver
11-19-2005, 04:39 PM
I was just agreeing with you that he shouldn't get them. My point was that amount of money should be put towards something else.. like a turbo. Ever since you became a moderator a couple years ago you got a huge stick up your ass man, you used to be cool.

Ace$nyper
11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
You miss-represented the puprose of that price first of all. I was telling him GT Factory runs $1000 vesus $1600 like autoloc. Second, I'd pass on the greddy turbo kit. It's NOT a full kit. No BOV, No Intercooler, limited fuel mangement. All those are options and UPGRADES. $1600 won't get you any of those, and without those it's hardly adiquet to run on a car. Add those on and...ding ding, you just hit a nice $3000 at least. Wow, thats twice the price you listed!!! A BIG difference. Also, greddy kits are not the most efficant in the world, by any means, so if you want my 2 cents spending 2 grand on a greddy "kit" is a waste of money too. inefficent and doesn't include essential components. Greddy makes the worst kits on the market. There power output is below alomost all others, and they don't include ESSENTIALS in the kit, like an intercooler, fuel management and a BOV. There are all options purchased seperatly with greddy, so don't be fooled. It's not a complate kit for that price...it last SEVERAL esstainal componts you should have if you are planning to turbo a car.

Do your research before you mis-represent my quote and hijack a thread. This is the EXTERIOR forum....NOT the turbo forum. Second, as I said, spending money on a greddy "kit" is a waste...and not a smart choice of wha tto spend your money on. If you want a turbo, their are better turbos out there.

Now lets stop the hi-jaciking and get back on track. This is an EXTERIOR forum, and the purpose place to ask about exterior mods. This is not the turbo forum.

There is more door swapping info and turbo info in this man then better half of the board.

I've never been biggest fan of lambos and i'd agree somthing else is a better investment.

Custom making a Suisde door kit would be cool I think. Any info on lambos ever has been covered i'm sure you'll be set if you want to do them.

But knowing me i'd just start making my own turbo kit too :)

eckoman_pdx
11-20-2005, 11:38 PM
There is more door swapping info and turbo info in this man then better half of the board.

I've never been biggest fan of lambos and i'd agree somthing else is a better investment.

Custom making a Suisde door kit would be cool I think. Any info on lambos ever has been covered i'm sure you'll be set if you want to do them.

But knowing me i'd just start making my own turbo kit too :)

Suicide doors, now I like that idea. If you are intent on doing door modifications, this is always going to be a lot less played out than lambos, which IMO are going down that road. More work, sure, it's a lot of custom work, but most good custom body guys will be able to do it, and on a 2 door it's not super hard for them, meaning no major re-bracing and stuff required. It might cost more, but I'd rather put the money towards those than lambos...they'll be different and attract attention, yet still open OUT, which is to say, semi-normal and much less annoying. Also, they won't be played out.True custom work like this seldon is. :2cents:

A DIY Turbo kit is a good idea too, especially if you have a d-series motor. One can be put toghter for definatly the price of the doors, if not less (depends on the deals you find on the parts and all).

Now, if you have your heart set on the lambo doors, hopefully the info I gave earlier can help you out. Just think about what I said before you buy them, ALWAYS having to open them up and all...etc...lambo doors have their quirks...and they can get annoying after awhile. I'd hate to see you buy them and get sick of them after 6 months...then be stuck with a $1000 door kit you can't do anything with. Also, it will be easier to remove and re-sell a bolt on kit like Decah than a unviersal kit like GT Factory or autoloc (which you'd have to drill a bolt pattern into or weld on to install). Unlike a universal kit, the bolt on kit like Decah already has a bolt pattern for the car drilled. If you get sick or it and want to sell it, you can easily un-install it (that wouldn't be so easy to do with a universal kit, by comparison...especially if they welded it on). You can then just package up the used bolt on kit and sell it to someone else with the same car. This way you could re-coupe some of the money. WIth a unversial kit, if you buy and install it and don't like it...your more stuck with it, since you've had to either drill into it or weld it on. :2cents:

Whether you save this money for a turbo kit, suicide doors, lambo doors, a motor swap, whatever, just think it through...all the pros and cons...before spending the money. Thats a lot of money to drop on something, and you don't want to change your mind and regret it later.

Add your comment to this topic!