Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tranny Fluid POURING out!!

itzaboy
10-30-2005, 06:57 PM
I noticed a couple of spots in the driveway a few days ago but didn't think much about it till fri. when I was driving it slipped a few times. So i checked the level of the fluid and it was dry, so I bought 3 quarts and put in 1 and started it up and watched it run out almost as fast as I put it in. It came from the area where the flywheel is. Now I have taken apart a few manuel transmissions but this one is an auto. I suppose my question is: Could the torque conveter be the cause of this or something else?

AudioGuy93DelSol
11-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Probably the seal around the input shaft. Deffinitly not the T/C as it has its own fluid inside that can only be drained or filled by removing it.

itzaboy
11-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Probably the seal around the input shaft. Deffinitly not the T/C as it has its own fluid inside that can only be drained or filled by removing it.
OK I replaced the T/C oil seal and put it all back together and started it up and fluid still poured out of the bellhousing like before. Now I noticed when I had it apart there was something inside the transaxel that the shaft came thru that had a number of small bolts holding it on, that the oil seal pressed against could that be bad?? If not any other Ideals?

bobberpopper
03-23-2006, 06:54 PM
What you need to replace is the bearings as well as the seaals most likely
it could be just a seal if you have not been driving it for a couple of years and it ckacked but i would check the bearing as if it is the bearing you already have the tranny out

Add your comment to this topic!