Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Average MPG for Magnum R/T (not AWD)

atchisbr
10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Hey all Magnum R/T (not AWD) owners...

I am leaning heavily toward the Magnum R/T but want to get a feeling for real world MPG...can't trust the window sticker. I would consider the 3.6L V6 but sure would love the Hemi.

Please post your numbers :)

Also, I am thinking about adding aftermarket 20" wheels. Will this effect MPG at all?

Bryan

neon_rt
10-25-2005, 03:04 PM
Anytime you add more weight to the wheels you potentialy lose mileage and performance (acceleration), although you may gain some handling.

fredjacksonsan
10-28-2005, 09:57 AM
If the new wheels are taller than the old (larger circumference) your entire drivetrain will be working harder and it will cost you MPG. I'm on the truck forums frequently, and that subject comes up regularly.

I talked to a guy the other day with a Magnum R/T. He said he gets about 23+ on the highway and 15 or so around town. He also said if he puts his foot in it on the highway, mileage drops to 17-18.

-edit- he also said it's hard not to use all that power....

atchisbr
10-28-2005, 03:17 PM
Cool. Thanks for the info. 23 on the highway isn't too bad. My 96 Vette gets that cruising at 75. City isn't that bad either.

I am thinking now about sticking with 18" wheels, but get something a bit flashier than what comes stock. Plus, I bet the low pro tires dont last too long on those 20+" rims.

Add your comment to this topic!