Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mileage problem

Nerdboy175
10-19-2005, 06:46 PM
i went for a ride in my D today, and when i looked at the gauges from the passenger side, i knoticed that the Tachometer was a lighter grey then the rest of the guages, i think that they might have been replaced. i hope that this is normal because it has 2300 miles on it. if somone could take a look at their Tachometer and tell me if this is normal or not, i would be very grateful. thanks a whole bunch

Nerdboy175
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
also is there anyway to tell if the odometer was reset without having to take apart the dashboard? i am going to check to see if i can tell if the lambada sensor has been replaced. that is if i can manage to find it

timetraveler
10-20-2005, 08:05 PM
The gauges seem to be a somewhat common part that goes out on Deloreans. I had to replace my Temp gauge and now that section has brighter red lines than the other sections. The previous owner of my Delorean replaced the original speedometer with the 160mph speedo. -I also looked at another Delorean before I bought mine and it needed a new fuel gauge. Luckily they aren't that expensive to replace, I believe a little over $100.

-Also remember, that even though it only has 2300 miles on it. It's still a 25 year old car and things will break and fade.

Add your comment to this topic!