Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2 door Tahoe annoying alignment issue

OneBadasz71tahoe
10-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Hello, I am just another message boarder looking for some info on a problem with my Chevy. I have a 1998 2 door Chevrolet Tahoe z71 4x4. It is completely stock. The issue that I am having with it is when I let go of the wheel on level ground at low or high speed the car will drift to the right. I end up going down a normal straight road with my wheel cocked at 11 o'clock. My tires have been balanced, and my front end has been inspected and aligned to GM specs by my local Chevrolet dealer. I even took it back to get them to recheck their alignment because it was continuing to drift to the right and they claimed it was the tires. Before I go out and replace my tires do you have any ideas. My friend said that his 1997 Silverado did the exact same thing and it ended up being something really simple in the steering or front end that they discovered after a bunch of wasted time inspecting ball joints and tires. The only problem he couldn't remember what it was or where he had the work done, great right? I appreciate your help.

Accord_boy619
10-25-2005, 07:03 PM
I would check your Tie Rod Ends, Inner and Outer. Ive gone tru 3 sets in the past year but thats cuz I off-road. While your at it look into your ball joints. If its your ball joints I would sugest geeting Moog(speling?) Performance Parts from carquest. It cost me like $450 in parts alone, thats for tie rods ends inner and outer and both sides. Plus the Ball Joints up n down both sides. And another $200 in labor. Even if you dont off-road the MOOG parts will last alot longer than regular ones.

2000CAYukon
10-25-2005, 07:09 PM
When I was doing alignments (it has been a while now), we would swap the front tires when we suspected a tire issue. If the problem followed the tire, we knew that was the problem, especially if the alignment specs said that it should not pull.

The other thing to check (besides front end parts), is a sticking brake caliper.

If you have the alignements specs from your last alignment, you should post them.

//2000CAYukon

Add your comment to this topic!