Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Beside the looks, the 03 Tiburon SUCKS (not opinion but facts)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Euro19
05-21-2002, 02:23 AM
The 2003 Tiburon certainly looks nice and sporty, of course, could you expect anything else that has been copied from the amazing Ferrari 456?

Apart from that the Tiburon isnīt good: some important magazine says about the Tiburon:

īThis is a machine of unrefined flavors,
The cockpit smells of unpleasant chemicals,
The doors slam with a junky note,
The ears and the seat of the pants report a heavy-footed ride.
The interior at cruising speeds feels with a dull roar rather than mechanical music.
Lots of impact noise up from the pavement.
The steering is lifeless and lacking in the feel of precision that makes a great sporting car.
The gearbox requires heavy effort.
The lever motion is trusty. We always grabbed the right gear BUT the action is not fun.
The engine lacks thrills.
It peaks fairly low, far below the 6500 rpm redline, and offers no encouragement above 5000.
None of us liked the interior.
The seats are supportive but lacking all traces of plushness.
We noticed small riples in the door stampings and elsewhere on the exterior, a sign of unsophisticated dies in the manufacturing plant.
The Tiburon is priced where it belongs (cheap)
It doesnīt comes with all-season tires like its competitors (It canīt go on the snow).
The rear seat comfort and space with 2 passengers are worst than average. Same goes for the ease of entry/exit (3 out of 10) īī
---------------
In conclusion this is a car that just canīt be compared to real sports coupes like the Celica, Acura RSX, Mitsubishi Eclipse, VW GTI, etc..........

AdRock2003
06-03-2002, 11:09 PM
This is one magazine's opinion. If you only look at what one person says then that is an uninformed opinion. Don't judge by just one article.

Shadowgate
06-05-2002, 07:57 PM
I've heard bad reviews and I've heard alot of good ones...your point?
Its all about opinion...and alot of those things you mentioned aren't in my car... :flipa:

Ura
06-05-2002, 10:51 PM
So I'm interested in hearing which version of the car they tested and if it was a retail version or a demo model that often comes out a few months before the retail ones and tend to have bugs in them.
All the reviews I've been reading about the Tiburon in a variety of mags have all had good things to say about the car and are shocked that its a Hyundai. One even made comparisons between the demo car they got and the retail one they tried a few months later and were stunned it was the same car. Noting great improvment in handling, engine response, and comfort. Its been getting alot of very good reviews over here.

itsmeek
09-13-2002, 07:49 AM
hands down people it's a HYUNDAI. sure, they've advanced and improved since the first days, but it''s still a HYUNDAI. the reason they offer a 100k warranty is because it's a HYUNDAI. it's a pretty car and i did test drive it before purchased my car, but it really didn't compare to the other cars i drove. even the mp3 felt better and it was cheaper. i would go w/a civic before i got the tiburon. but damn it's a pretty car.

the_NuBee
09-13-2002, 02:06 PM
OMG
tiburon sucks man? what the hell
just get a freaking twin turbo..
u dont noe wut ur talking about.
the koreans have made dat car if there life depended on it.
tibs are getting betta and betta

itsmeek
09-13-2002, 02:19 PM
lol

and how do u propose to put a twin turbo into a tiburon?? lol, i'd like to see that one become something in the everyday market. and i don't know what i'm talking about? that engine can't take anything more.

TibOwner
09-21-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by itsmeek
lol

and how do u propose to put a twin turbo into a tiburon?? lol, i'd like to see that one become something in the everyday market. and i don't know what i'm talking about? that engine can't take anything more.

Umm..yeah..you really know what you're talking about here buddy. Korea has MANY tibs running with not only 150 shots of nitrous on stock internals, but there are also many tibs running in excess of 800 horses (stock crank) and there are a bunch of twin turbo tibs as well. The delta 6 on the 3rd gen tibs can't take as much power, but the I4's can handle more than enough to surprise alot of people.

And as far as that magazine goes that wrote that bad review. It's pretty funny that you found that, because if oyu look at Car 7 Driver, and Modern Automotive, they both have given the 3rd gen tibs nothing props. Also, look in Import Tuner, SCC, and Import Racer. All 3 magazines have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups on them. Also, all 3 mags have advertisements on the new tibs, and in Import Tuner, they have the "You Build it, You Win It" contest where you get to build a custom a tib and then win it. Also, APC (horrible company, but still...) and Modern Image, Quantem Tec, AEM, and Blitz all have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups as well. Has Hyundai made it into the mainstream...maybe not now, but it sure as hell is getting there.

OH yeah..and one other thing...as much as I hate Fast & Furious, go and check out the sequal when it comes out because you'll be pretty surprised to see a few Hyundais in that movie. How do I know that? Because Craig Liberman (the race consultant) and a friend of mine from Florida who has a custom turboed 1st gen is going to pick out cars for the movie together.

You want more info? Then check out www.teamsr.org

itsmeek
09-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by TibOwner

Umm..yeah..you really know what you're talking about here buddy. Korea has MANY tibs running with not only 150 shots of nitrous on stock internals, but there are also many tibs running in excess of 800 horses (stock crank) and there are a bunch of twin turbo tibs as well. The delta 6 on the 3rd gen tibs can't take as much power, but the I4's can handle more than enough to surprise alot of people.

And as far as that magazine goes that wrote that bad review. It's pretty funny that you found that, because if oyu look at Car 7 Driver, and Modern Automotive, they both have given the 3rd gen tibs nothing props. Also, look in Import Tuner, SCC, and Import Racer. All 3 magazines have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups on them. Also, all 3 mags have advertisements on the new tibs, and in Import Tuner, they have the "You Build it, You Win It" contest where you get to build a custom a tib and then win it. Also, APC (horrible company, but still...) and Modern Image, Quantem Tec, AEM, and Blitz all have 3rd gen tibs to do custom build ups as well. Has Hyundai made it into the mainstream...maybe not now, but it sure as hell is getting there.

OH yeah..and one other thing...as much as I hate Fast & Furious, go and check out the sequal when it comes out because you'll be pretty surprised to see a few Hyundais in that movie. How do I know that? Because Craig Liberman (the race consultant) and a friend of mine from Florida who has a custom turboed 1st gen is going to pick out cars for the movie together.

You want more info? Then check out www.teamsr.org

lol i've also seen a twin engined tiburon. i never said you couldn't, i meant at what cost???? it's obvious you can make a yugo a 9 second car, but at WHAT COST. i give hyundai alot of respect and I admire the way they've moved up, but w/alot less money and headaches u can make a honda, acura, toyota, nissan go faster for cheaper, and it'll last longer.

TibOwner
09-22-2002, 02:43 PM
Rrrriiiiggghhttt....what ever helps ya sleep at night. You can buy complete base line turbo or supercharger kits for $1900 for the tibs that will put them right in the same ctegory as Eclipse GST's. And with a little extra money to upgrade the kits, any tib would be right up there in the 350 to 450 horsepower range. An as far as it lasting, HA HA....are you telling me that an Eclipse GST would out last a Tib? Or a Honda with boost would out last a Hyundai? LMAO....whatever dreamer. Every single DSM breaks down due to the glass tranny's, and Honda's would blow up over time with that kind of power under the hood. There has never been a Tib that blew it's crank or cracked it's block or screwed up it's tranny due to having alot of power.

For every modification that you can do to a Honda, or Mitsu, or Acura or whatever, you can do the same exact thing to a Hyundai and the price range will be identical. But the one thing that will set the Hyundai apart is that the engine will last alot longer. The reason why you and so many other people say Hyundai is junk is because of this:

Back in the day when Hyundai got it's reputation for being a POS, it wasn't Hyundai's fault. It was MITSU's fault. Yes, you heard me right. It was Mitsu who was building and designing the engines and tranny's for Hyundai. The engines all blew and sucked donkey balls, and because of Mitsu, Hyundai received a bad rep. Now that Hyundai is designing their own stuff, and has been for the last few years, they have started to out perform other big name car manufacturers out there. So before you start flaming Hyundai or any other type of car at that, do your homework and learn something other that jumping on the "Flame" bandwagon. ;)

itsmeek
09-24-2002, 10:19 PM
dude,

give it up. your comparing a friggin HYUNDAI to a HONDA, and saying it's a better car??? Is that why the only way they can sell anything is to offer a 100k warranty?? Where has anyone that knows anything about cars (obviously not you, you purchased a HYUNDAI) said that a HYUNDAI is even comparable to a HONDA. It's ok that you made a terrible choice when you chose the HYUNDAI over the HONDA or MITSU or NISSAN or TOYOTA. I can go over thousands of cars that have 400+ hp after 10k+ spent on them too, but when it comes down to it, the average person would be smart enough NOT to buy a piece of shit HYUNDAI. Btw if you want to take this thread somewhere that it'll get more hits, post a subject HYUNDAI vs HONDA or any other company and lets see where it heads.

Hatchboy69
10-14-2002, 02:53 AM
Ok itsmeek you obviously have no clue what your talking about because i owned a gsx and it broke down all of the time and I own a civic with an integra ls swap and that breaks down too. Theres no way that hyundai would give out a 10 year 100,000 mile warranty if their engines wouldnt hold up. And the other guy is right about the civic or integra engines not being able to hold the boost cause if I slapped a turbo on my engine it would blow in no time at all and the same with civic engines cause I know people who have done that. so before you get all upset on someone knocking civics and tegs maybe you should get the facts first.

Cmotif
10-14-2002, 11:07 AM
Some people have such incredible brand loyalty and will fight to the death over it without looking at facts. I remember the old Ford/Chevy arguments from Jr. High, and this isn't any different.

Hondas are cool, but there are a lot of other good and interesting cars out there. I had a Honda Accord that the head gasket went on when I was with some friends up in the mountains. Had to get 100 miles banging away on only two cylinders and revving it like it was a 750 Fiat to get up enough torque to get from 1st to 2nd gear.

I have had 2 American cars, 2 Japanese cars, 3 German cars, 1 Italian Car, 1 Czech Car and 1 Korean Car. They all had their pluses and minuses. Some had character, some were more fun than others and for different reasons. I like trying new cars and not getting in the same old rut.

I'd own a Tiburon.

What I heard from Motortrend TV was all very positive about it. They compared slalom times to those of Porsche.

Cmotif <><

KeGrO
10-14-2002, 11:49 PM
Guess what? YOUR BOTH RIGHT! i know its fun to debate, i have fun reading your argument, but the tiburon is a great car, in its price range that is, i haven't test driven one, and i don't intend to, i won't start wanting one until, hyundai has more experience under their belt. they're a great company, right now they're the number 1 huge ship building company, and they may compete with the top sellers in a bout ten years. but for now, to me, since i have actually lived in korea, ITS STILL A HYUNDAI! and these sonatas, XGs, KIAs and daewoos all look funny to me cus they're taxis over there.

akhedraki
10-18-2002, 10:04 PM
THis is to Euro19. Dude, i dont know what mag. you got that article out of, but most of it is false. First of all, you said that it doesn't have all season tires. It does have all season tires(It DOES drive in the snow) In fact, they are better tires than both the celica and rsx. Second of all, the interior of both the celica and rsx have relatively the same sizes. The Tib's back seet is bigger in some measurments, and thats a fact. I admit that the rsx is better if you have the extra cash, but the celica sucks. You have to dig out a good amount of dough just to get the celica to have the same features the tiburon has. Nothing is standard on the celica. Plus, the tiburon looks better than both those cars. Rsx may be better performance wize, but the styling sucks! Did you guys know that the tib. is #1 rally car and is currently beating the Subaru Impreza WRX.

And for the idiot who said you cant compare a honda to hyundai. Yes you could. Honda sucks. hyundai has improved so much but you damn people wont freaken get over it. Yes hyundai used to suck, but it don't No more.:flipa: :eek:

MajiX
10-20-2002, 09:23 PM
I just saw a video of a Tiburon racing against a Honda Prelude. The Tiburon smoked it. Just a note...

5hift 9ear
10-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Got a link to that vid?

akhedraki
10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
you can download it off kazaa. Just type tiburon and it will come up. I saw it myself. Not to clear but you can here the audiences reaction.:D

5hift 9ear
10-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Prelude got Holeshot .. Isn't that the older Tiburon model? :confused:

April
10-25-2002, 03:37 PM
All the reviews that I've read of the TIb are excellent reviews. To the person who mentioned, its a still just a HYUNDAI, I have a question for you. Have you ever owned a Hyundai?? I doubt it. My tib is my second Hyundai I've owned and have had no problems with either of the HYUNDAIS I've owned. I know Hyundai had a bad rep back in the day, but come on, its time to move on, geez. All I have to say is I love my Tib and I think its a great car, everyone likes what they like and who cares about one magazine's opinion.............. :rolleyes:

beebus
10-25-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by KeGrO
but for now, to me, since i have actually lived in korea, ITS STILL A HYUNDAI! and these sonatas, XGs, KIAs and daewoos all look funny to me cus they're taxis over there.

hey, newsflash!!! if you live in asian countries you'll find that they use asian cars as taxis. Have you ever been to the philippines? they use toyotas, hondas, mitsubishi as taxis. now would you still buy those cars? here, they use ford as taxis, would it be safe to say that they shouldn't get those cars either since they are being used as taxis? :flipa:

honda never started as a great long lasting car. they had to start from the bottom with quirks and mishaps, but they had to prove themselves and became a reliable car. so don't hate on some company because they had a bad rep. i learned that because i had the same attitude as you, but i wasn't stubborn and decided to test drive a tib. now i own one. nuff said.

NiSmO_zt
10-25-2002, 05:15 PM
man, you guys are into it... its not the tiburon that bothers me, its these kids who think they are the god of the earth with their old sonatas and other cars like it...kia...daewoo....and godamn neons, these cars are nothing but econo-boxes, cheaply made, and it reflects in the quality. So the tiburon gets newly restyled, almost like a ferrari maranello, i like how they are trying to get a piece of the hot new market, but i cant forget the fact that its a hyundai, i mean, there are new hyundais out there(2-3 years old) with the whole muffler system falling off, paint faded, and i say godamn, i wont ever buy one. Im a nissan guy, always have been, always will be. I noticed no-one compared the tib to any nissan, with due cause, there is no comparison whatsoever. I like the tibs new styling, and the duals were a nice touch, but they are brand new now, who knows how they will hold up. Either way, it will take hyundai a long time to recover ground from the image they have been under. i still would never buy one as long as nissan exists:silly2:

as for modding the tib, i doubt the bottom end could hold 300+ for very long, and who would want to void their 10 year warranty? thats a long time to wait to mod a car, especially when the chances are quite good that it will be in the junk yard by then anyway

86 300zx turbo @ 12.5psi

ConceptVBS
10-26-2002, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by NiSmO_zt
man, you guys are into it... its not the tiburon that bothers me, its these kids who think they are the god of the earth with their old sonatas and other cars like it...kia...daewoo....and godamn neons, these cars are nothing but econo-boxes, cheaply made, and it reflects in the quality. So the tiburon gets newly restyled, almost like a ferrari maranello, i like how they are trying to get a piece of the hot new market, but i cant forget the fact that its a hyundai, i mean, there are new hyundais out there(2-3 years old) with the whole muffler system falling off, paint faded, and i say godamn, i wont ever buy one. Im a nissan guy, always have been, always will be. I noticed no-one compared the tib to any nissan, with due cause, there is no comparison whatsoever. I like the tibs new styling, and the duals were a nice touch, but they are brand new now, who knows how they will hold up. Either way, it will take hyundai a long time to recover ground from the image they have been under. i still would never buy one as long as nissan exists:silly2:

as for modding the tib, i doubt the bottom end could hold 300+ for very long, and who would want to void their 10 year warranty? thats a long time to wait to mod a car, especially when the chances are quite good that it will be in the junk yard by then anyway

86 300zx turbo @ 12.5psi

The bottom end CAN hold 300HP. In fact it can hold more. Take apart a beta engine (Hyundai's Inline 4) and take a look at it yourself. You'd be surprised.

Not sure if you'd ever heard of the "La Pulga" down in Puerto Rico. Its an Hyundai Accent with the Beta swap running 8's in the 1/4 with mostly stock bottom end.

NiSmO_zt
10-27-2002, 08:29 PM
hes probably blue printed the engine, and, well, there are always those guys with the seemingly endless supply of $$ that do things like that to cars...and even if something goes wronq, they just replace it or fix it with no regard to cost. Some guy did that to a car like mine, had like 1300 hp and was running 7's in the quarter, he won the overall championship of some series or another, i read about it in one of those sports car mags, and although its possible, for normal purposes, whats the point. I have the money to push my engine to 400+ hp, but i dont have enough to do that and then replace the whole thing(although i hear the vg30et is quite durable) when i blow it...it is almost 17 years old now, not to mention original turbo.

while im not tryin to diss this sort of thing, im just sayin that with enough money, a lawnmower could run 8's, and has im sure

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi

barry@hyundai
10-28-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by NiSmO_zt
but i cant forget the fact that its a hyundai, i mean, there are new hyundais out there(2-3 years old) with the whole muffler system falling off, paint faded, and i say godamn, i wont ever buy one.

hmm, but what about the other factors. like, for instance, how many miles on it, how has it been treated, etc..

we have a customer who has bought two hyundai elantras from us now. Bought a 2001 elantra, put 167,000 miles on it in two years (salesman), and now replaced it with a 2003 elantra GT.

Yeah, the exhaust failed within a year, but after 100K+ miles the first year, it can be expected.

A lot of other things have to be factored in then just , oh it was only two years old..

Barry@Hyundai

barry@hyundai
10-28-2002, 10:19 AM
since you are supposabl;y quoting a magazine, here I go.
Quoting Autoweek Magazine, March 4, 2002.

'..and were suprised by the GT's communicative suspension'

' Hyundai called the exterior 'sleek European Styling'..It is a beautiful mix that veiwers seem to pick up different things. It is a beautiful mis that left one guy mettering something about a Ferrari 456'

'The Gt showed suprising smoothness and stability at more than 100mph, and was much quieter than expected.'

'We found the basic, black, sporty interior comfortable, with suppostive front seats.'

now, unlike you, I cannot claim these as facts. Why? Well, they are still opinin, just someone elses. You quoted an article, which was that writers opinion. Second hand opinion does not become fact...understand?

And look, I quoted the magazine, and the date published...you cannot even say what magazine it is in.

so what are you afraid of, that you may drive a Tib and like it? Go test drive one, you will be pleasantly suprised.

Barry@Hyundai

NiSmO_zt
10-29-2002, 01:20 PM
please man, all that stuff IS my opinion, but i based most of it on fact, which is what i have seen with my own eyes. My car is 16 years old with 170000 miles on it and it is still all original, besides a few mods, heh. All we are talking about here is the quality of the product, while my car was Nissans premier sports car of the day, it had great quality products integrated into its design. Lately, some of these car companies have really dissapointed me. Nothing bothers me more than cheap plastic materials and "hollowness." From what i have seen from Hyundai is a cheaper product, what they are doing is great, though, now more people can buy new cars than ever before, but at what cost?
It seems like every one of them(not just the ones with 150000+ miles on it) is just ratted out. The fact that thes cars are built cheaply is no mystery, they just cant handle the use. It would be a much better investment to by a quality used car than a cheap new one.

As for the new tiburon, give it time, i will be surprised if it doesnt turn out like the rest of the hyundais, and i will give due props to hyundai if they have finally made something decent, as for test driving one, ha, i would simply be embarassed to be seen in one.

cj

86 300zx turbo@12.5 psi

TibOwner
10-29-2002, 02:21 PM
You think Hyundai is crap? well why is then that every major manufacturer is trying to get their hands on one? Look at this for example:

Hyundai Plans to bring 22 vehicles to the 2002 SEMA Show in Las Vegas

Fountain Valley, California - Hyundai Motor America will be bringing some hot wheels to the 2002 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show -- literally. Twenty-two modified variations of five production models customized by some of the biggest names in the automotive aftermarket will be on display at the Las Vegas-based trade show, Nov. 5-8.

Customized versions of the Hyundai Tiburon, XG350, Sonata, Santa Fe and Elantra will be located in either the Hyundai exhibit, aftermarket vendor booths or in SEMA's feature vehicle display area. Hyundai will also be unveiling some other exciting products, but on a much smaller scale. On November 5, Hyundai will hold a press conference to unveil the all-new, Hot Wheels version of the Hyundai Pro Rally car -- winner of six of the last seven SCCA manufacturer's championships, including the 2002 championship, the Hyundai team clinched on October 20. Troy Lee, principal of Troy Lee Designs, who designed the graphics for the championship winning Tiburon, will sign the first series of 100 Hot Wheels Hyundai Pro Rally Tiburon models. Lee is perhaps best known for his work in customizing the racing helmets for many of the world's fastest 2-wheel and 4-wheel professional racers in bicycle, motorcycle, and open wheel car racing. Individually signed and numbered Hot Wheels models are scheduled to be distributed to the working media at the press conference.

This year marks Hyundai's third appearance as an exhibitor at the SEMA Show. Each year, the number of Hyundai custom display vehicles has increased and the modifications have become progressively more dramatic as an increasing number of aftermarket parts are available for both tuners and consumers. Hyundai officials attend the SEMA Show to further their understanding of the tuner market, and meet with suppliers interested in building components customers can use to modify their Hyundai vehicles.

"We've forged relationships with the most talented and respected suppliers and tuners in the aftermarket business, so that our customers can modify the appearance and performance of their Hyundai vehicles to suit their desires," said David Ossenmacher, director of product strategy and planning at Hyundai Motor America. "Making our brand resonate with enthused consumers and with cutting edge aftermarket suppliers is a key part of our strategy to becoming a Tier One automotive brand in the United States."

Hyundai's value position of typically being priced thousands of dollars less than key competitors, allows their consumers to apply the money they saved on the purchase of a Hyundai to customize the vehicle to their tastes.

This was the article (http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/021025-2.htm)

I know of company's like Blitz, HKS, Greddy, Shark Racing, and so on that will have Tib's there as main company cars. Everyone needs to understand something. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The reason why Hyundai has gotten a bad reputation is because of Mitsubishi. If you want to call Hyundai's junk, then think again and call Mits junk. Back in the day, Mitsu was the one that built the engines and tranny's. now that Hyundai builds their own stuff, it's all very high quality. Look in magazines, such as Import Racer, HCI, Import Tuner, and SCC. All those magazines are trying to get their hands on a Hyundai to do a build up or project on. Look at the Pro Ralley circuit. As it was stated above, Hyundai has been the number one dominant car in most of the pro ralley events. I know Fast & Furious was a ricer movie, but in the sequal, there will be 3 Hyundai's in it. There WAS going to be a Hyundai as one of the main cars, but some things fell through and the owner of the Hyundai that was going to be in it caused some issues with Craig Liberman. Instead, the 3 Hyundai's that will be in the movie will be background cars. I can go on and on, but the bottom line is that there's something new in the tuning scene and just because people who own the every day run of the mill Honda, Mitsu, Acura, Nissan, or whatever can't deal with it, doesn't mean they should bash on other cars that are becoming big in the scene quickly. :smoka:

NiSmO_zt
10-30-2002, 02:24 PM
i never said they werent becoming big on the street scene, but this is obviously due the the inexpensiveness of them. and like any hyundai isnt run of the mill? please, putting nissan below hyundai should be a sin, mad cash would have to be put into those hyundais to outperform a z32 or z31 for that matter.

Euro19
10-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by KeGrO
and these sonatas, XGs, KIAs and daewoos all look funny to me cus they're taxis over there.

I think thatīs stupid to say! Like if it was big deal, who cares? You know, in America taxis are Fords and Chevys, in Korea, korean cars obviously, DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! and in german, german cars, DUHHHHHHH, or didnt you know taxis in germany are MERCEDES BENZ??? So stop the crap and talk about something interesting or otherwise leave. good bye.

Euro19
10-30-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by barry@hyundai
since you are supposabl;y quoting a magazine, here I go.
Quoting Autoweek Magazine, March 4, 2002.

'..and were suprised by the GT's communicative suspension'

' Hyundai called the exterior 'sleek European Styling'..It is a beautiful mix that veiwers seem to pick up different things. It is a beautiful mis that left one guy mettering something about a Ferrari 456'

'The Gt showed suprising smoothness and stability at more than 100mph, and was much quieter than expected.'

'We found the basic, black, sporty interior comfortable, with suppostive front seats.'

now, unlike you, I cannot claim these as facts. Why? Well, they are still opinin, just someone elses. You quoted an article, which was that writers opinion. Second hand opinion does not become fact...understand?

And look, I quoted the magazine, and the date published...you cannot even say what magazine it is in.

so what are you afraid of, that you may drive a Tib and like it? Go test drive one, you will be pleasantly suprised.

Barry@Hyundai

Afraid of what? Are you stupid or what? you could only have asked
I saw the article in Car & Driver mag, in the comparo with the Celica, RSX and Beetle Turbo. What I posted were FACTS, if not look up the definition on the dictionary. The only thing that isnīt a fact is about the design ok. And I donīt hate Hyundais actually, just people like you!

barry@hyundai
10-31-2002, 09:58 PM
the point I was making is they are the opinions of the writers, not facts. If you stated FACTS like HP muber comparions, 0-60 times, etc.. thos are facts. No matter what a Car and Driver writer writes, it is still his opinion, see what I am saying. Nothing personal against you, just what it is...

and why do you hate people like me, because I am a sales manager for Hyundais, or because I proved you wrong? Because I drive a faster car then you, or because I showed another point of view?

Why are you getting so defensive, we are talking about a car here, right, not a matter of national pride or anything...

all I was stated when I asked if you were afraid , is are you afraid you might like it if you drive it... who knows, oyu may, or you may hate it. it may not be for you. does not mean it is a bad car. hell, i know it is not the car for me, does not mean it is a nice car, just means it is not for me, as it may not be for you, correct?

barry@hyundai

-=ShOrTfUz=-
11-02-2002, 02:47 PM
Think about it like this
-we have more hp than all stock si's
-we can keep up with all but the gts model celica
-we rape all new eclipses
-we can beat all those cars and the GTS with a minimal amount of
money
-even afterwards we still cost less and we are getting a factory
warrentied supercharger from alpine racing. that means we will
still have our nice 10 year powertrain warrenty!

Check yourself and understand that the new tiburons are in the same class as all honduhs and whatnot. and we all race for the same reasons, to show domestic cars who's who!

NiSmO_zt
11-03-2002, 03:02 PM
super charger....BOO! get a turbon:smoker2:

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi

-=ShOrTfUz=-
11-04-2002, 07:01 PM
well considering it has not been out long it is cool that there is already an sc, im sure soon there will be turbos available but the car just came out.

monkeychild
11-13-2002, 09:53 AM
:rolleyes: All Jap cars were absolutely crap until the mid- late 80's when they started to sort it out. Nissan, Honda ok not so much Toyota were rust buckets the same goes for old Hyundais as well but now these manufacturers are creating absolutely fantastic bits of machinery.
I love the 300ZX and the 200SX and the new Z car looks so sweet. Do you remember the first Honda Prelude what a heap of crap that was. So don't diss a company that is finally starting to get things right, put it this way you would probably be saying the same things about Nissan if these message boards were about in the 80's. Moan over:silly2:

ReDrUm
11-13-2002, 06:28 PM
Just letting you know.....a race was held not to long ago with a 03 tib and a 03 rsx....and ofcourse youd say the rsx beat the tib but think again....the tib won by car lengths not inches....it smoked the rsx without any hesitation...it took off first and finished first...another magazine also tried out the 03 tib.. they said it was a great car...was the magazine you were reading a DOMESTIC car mag???? but just letting you know the Tiburon smoked the RSX.

oooh yea.....a tib that was just bought smoked an eclipse that has been modified.:flipa: :D

Cmotif
11-13-2002, 07:23 PM
The Celica has a high horsepower 1.8 liter, 180 HP is I remember correctly, but is low on torque.

Torque is where the Tib should be stronger, have more displacement and more cylinders.

The Celica engine should be more peaky, and have to be kept driven hard to get the most out of it. I would like that the Tib would have power more like a BMW 6 which has more grunt over a broader RPM range.

What is the explanation given in the magazine why the GTS can beat it?

Cmotif <><

NiSmO_zt
11-15-2002, 07:56 AM
first to monkey child,
nissans werent crap in the 80's man, the z car has been pluggin since the 70's and it was sweet all along, not much to say for other japanese cars in those days though

And redrum
i assure you that the acura was not a "type-s" the standard rsx has 160 hp, in a 4 banger, which has low torque, the tib has like 180 in a sixxer, with more torque, so what are you braggin about, i wasnt defending acura, but Nissan man, lets see the tib smoke a six cylinder nissan...:flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa: :flipa:

akhedraki
12-03-2002, 01:12 AM
Dude, first of all, don't try to support crap nissans. They suck! Read any review and it will say that the new Z isn't as sporty as they thought it was going to be. I'm not talking about looks, I'm talking about feel. That thing is a sorry piece of crap thats not worth the money you pay for it. Second of all, to that one dude that said the tiburon has 181 horsepower and needs work on the torque. You guys don't no crap. You have it all wrong. The tib has 171 horspower with 181 torque. Don't look at all the old reviews and stuff. They have wrong info. Simply go to www.Hyundaiusa.com :alien: www.Hyundaiusa.com (http://www.hyundaiusa.com)

itsmeek
12-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by ReDrUm
Just letting you know.....a race was held not to long ago with a 03 tib and a 03 rsx....and ofcourse youd say the rsx beat the tib but think again....the tib won by car lengths not inches....it smoked the rsx without any hesitation...it took off first and finished first...another magazine also tried out the 03 tib.. they said it was a great car...was the magazine you were reading a DOMESTIC car mag???? but just letting you know the Tiburon smoked the RSX.

oooh yea.....a tib that was just bought smoked an eclipse that has been modified.:flipa: :D

i just love how hyundai owners think that they can smoke an rsx?? i can also smoke a camaro in my rsx-s, oh wait. didn't they make v6 camaros. your little comparo was done w/a stock rsx, i have NEVER lost a race to any type of TIBURON, in fact, it hasn't even been CLOSE. All i have is an injen air intake, the turbo, wheels, and chip are waiting. I would shoot myself if a stock HYUNDAI (read piece of trash) beat an rsx-s.

itsmeek
12-03-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by akhedraki
THis is to Euro19. Dude, i dont know what mag. you got that article out of, but most of it is false. First of all, you said that it doesn't have all season tires. It does have all season tires(It DOES drive in the snow) In fact, they are better tires than both the celica and rsx. Second of all, the interior of both the celica and rsx have relatively the same sizes. The Tib's back seet is bigger in some measurments, and thats a fact. I admit that the rsx is better if you have the extra cash, but the celica sucks. You have to dig out a good amount of dough just to get the celica to have the same features the tiburon has. Nothing is standard on the celica. Plus, the tiburon looks better than both those cars. Rsx may be better performance wize, but the styling sucks! Did you guys know that the tib. is #1 rally car and is currently beating the Subaru Impreza WRX.

And for the idiot who said you cant compare a honda to hyundai. Yes you could. Honda sucks. hyundai has improved so much but you damn people wont freaken get over it. Yes hyundai used to suck, but it don't No more.:flipa: :eek:

i love this. now HONDA sucks. wow. i wonder why it's known as the most reliable car company out there along with toyota? i guess I had my cars crossed, it must have been the HYUNDAI and not the HONDA that has been on jd power and associates list every year for the last 10 years. I guess the HYUNDAI is the great car now. Wow, sorry, I must be really confused. It's so easy to ignore raw facts and statistics and put in your own five cents. It's also funny that some PUNK who doesn't know shit about swapping engines into cars has his car breaking down all the time. I've also owned HYUNDAIS and HONDAS and even some Eclipses and even a Starion. All of the cars outlasted the Hyundais which had CONSTANT problems. I coulda sworn I had 2 dealerships. Oh well, I guess the 15 and 16 year olds are the experts now.

Euro19
12-03-2002, 12:51 PM
Well itīs obvious Hyundai is not a great car or whatever. I already told my experience with one of them, brand new, when I rented one on a vacation, it was awfull, the engine warmed up too much and the steering wheel shaked awfully around 80mph, etc etc, never more! I truly dont recommended.

DCookSta
12-03-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by Euro19
Well itīs obvious Hyundai is not a great car or whatever. I already told my experience with one of them, brand new, when I rented one on a vacation, it was awfull, the engine warmed up too much and the steering wheel shaked awfully around 80mph, etc etc, never more! I truly dont recommended.

I registered just for this...

I would say it's obvious that Hyundai doesn't have the greatest of reputations right now. But they are slowly building that back up. I own a Tiburon, a 98 and I love the car. All i've added is a custom CAI and the car amazes people even today that the styling and performace came from a hyundai. I'm not a super firm believer of Hyundai yet, this is my first...but it probably won't be my last.

Oh yeah, you shouldn't base your entire opinion of a car company on some RENTAL that you had. Admit it, you know some of those cars have been abused to hell and back.

Lastly, I'm not here to say what cars suck and what doesn't. Most things posted already are heavily based on opinion. Drive what you like, talk shit on the track.

DCookSta
12-03-2002, 07:22 PM
Double Post

akhedraki
12-04-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by itsmeek

i love this. now HONDA sucks. wow. i wonder why it's known as the most reliable car company out there along with toyota? i guess I had my cars crossed, it must have been the HYUNDAI and not the HONDA that has been on jd power and associates list every year for the last 10 years. I guess the HYUNDAI is the great car now. Wow, sorry, I must be really confused. It's so easy to ignore raw facts and statistics and put in your own five cents. It's also funny that some PUNK who doesn't know shit about swapping engines into cars has his car breaking down all the time. I've also owned HYUNDAIS and HONDAS and even some Eclipses and even a Starion. All of the cars outlasted the Hyundais which had CONSTANT problems. I coulda sworn I had 2 dealerships. Oh well, I guess the 15 and 16 year olds are the experts now.

First off, don't act like your the shit. You people still don't get it do you. I have a question for you itsmeek. When was the last time you drove a hyundai, and specificaly a tiburon. I don't give a rats ass what the old hyundais used to be. We are talking about 2003 here. Not 98, not 99, not 2000, but 2003. You said that you OWNED Hyundais. I wonder how long ago that was? Stop talking about the old hyundai and start looking at the new. You damn RSX owners and celica owners are in complete denial and don't want to except the fact that the tiburon is a good car. Go test drive one and then talk.:devil:

Mach5
12-04-2002, 04:58 AM
the civic got last place in a recent comparison with cars in its class
hyundai got 2nd
beat that

the tib gt v6 CAN NOT beat the celica gt-s or the rsx-s BUT it did beat the rsx-s in that race
the 4cyl beta is a freakin awsome tuner motor that can handle good boost and the v6 delta while not yet proven gets real nice gains when modded.
and this has to be the funniest board ever, probably even worse than speedoptions lol

oh yea 300ZX suck monkeyballs, i dont' know about the turbo model but i had first hand experiance with the older Z's non turbo and they were nothing but overpriced tanks

NiSmO_zt
12-04-2002, 03:02 PM
stupid ass hipocrit, akhedraki. let me ask you this, when was the last time you drove a brand new nissan, say, 350z? or any nissan for that matter. ur such a dumb shit child ricer. brand new cars all ride good and drive nice. i dont mind hyundais that much, but dumb fu . cks like you are worth nothing. go nappy with your blankey you dumb child fag.got.

this is you ---> :confused: :confused: :confused: get a fuc'ing clue dip sh.it

86 300zx @12.5psi

NiSmO_zt
12-04-2002, 03:13 PM
you obviously dont know turbo 300zx's. i have no competition with any of these cars you are talkin about, celica gts...tib...etc. the N/A 300zx's were underpowered, about as fast as an older civic si, i can tell from riding in my friends 87 N/A...but 50+ hp make one hell of a difference. and how do you have the balls to call the 300zx the sucker of monkeyballs? you drove an n/a, prolly a 4 seater...they just werent that sporty, the turbos from 85 and up were where it started. i read a whole road and track review comparing the turbo z to the new corvette at the time. the z was .1 seconds slower in the quarter mile, and .1 seconds slower in the 0-60 sprint, but the following years kept those numbers improving. the second gen 300zx is phatty, and the 350z, obviously.

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi

Mach5
12-04-2002, 04:28 PM
NIZMO you ass monkey
you abviously can't read for shit because i said THE 300Z SUCKS AND WERE OVERPRICED TANKS AND THEN I STATED THAT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE 300Z TURBOS BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WERE REAL FAST BUT DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ANY PROBLEMS WITH THEM. NOW I NORMALLY DO NOT TYPE IN CAPS BUT FUCKTARDS LIKE YOU CAN'T READ FOR SHIT SO I HAVE TO MAKE THINGS A LITTLE BIGGER FOR FUCKNUTS LIKE YOU.
AND WE ARE SORRY THAT WE CAN'T ALL AFFORD INSURANCE ON A TURBO CAR AND WE ARE SORRY TAHT WE ALL DON'T TUNE SUPERCARS AND "REAL" SPORTS CARS DICK.

some of us have lives and a future and do not have need for such things right now.... asshole.
respect others cars and you'll be respected plus 90% of the boards dont' know shit about cars but what they have heard and read :rolleyes:

NiSmO_zt
12-04-2002, 05:33 PM
easy guy, i was simply emphasizing what you stated, that you didnt know much about turbo cars. and as for the big image associated with them, i bought my car for $3000 with money i earned over the summer, and insurance is only $80 a month without accidents, its very inexpensive, and i can run with the best of em. i am no fuck tard my friend, i was trying to inform you of the differences between the too, i had no harsh tone with you, lol :)

86 300zx turbo @12.5psi

Mach5
12-04-2002, 07:42 PM
ok i'm sorry too
i thought you were implaing that i didn't know the diffrence between a turbo 300z and an N/A 300z
i know the turbos are freakin fast, i'm not an idiot lol
just this site seems to be filled with them from what i'm seeing.... i guess since its got alot of members the idiot factor is greater
no hard feelings i just thought you couldn't read what i wrote

insurance for me on my elantra is freakin 340 a month!!!! what the hell did you do to get it for 80 a month on a turbo???
are you married or something? thats when i'm gonna get a nice car when i'm married so my insurance is cheaper and my record is also clean, never a ticket in my life.

NiSmO_zt
12-04-2002, 08:19 PM
there are lots of factors that contribute to insurance, first off is the age of the car, yours is a 2000, so it will have a higher insurance rate, since mine is from the stone age, it wont cost as much. secondly, i only have liability, which means im covered as long as its not my fault, which i hope it never is(i like to think of myself as an aware driver). i am 20 now without any tickets or accidents, i know you said uve never had an accident also, but the car age is prolly the biggest factor.

86 300zx turbo@12.5psi

akhedraki
12-04-2002, 11:39 PM
Umm. I'm confused. Didn't Nizmo dis me. What the hell did that mach guy have anything to do with it. Nizmo said akhedraki. Whatever. And to what Nizmo said, I said Nissan's suck, true, and yes, in a way I was a hypocrite about that, but I don't think the 350Z sucks at all. Yet the other nissans, in my opinion, suck. I also want to say that you cant really compare a 350Z to a tiburon. For gods sake, the price difference is drastically different. I think the tiburon is the best deal in its class. My thoughts are, why pay so much money for a celica gts or RSX S just because it goes faster than the tiburon. Hell, the tiburon looks good and a lot of aftermarket crap is being made for it. By all means. if you have 26 grand to spare, get the 350Z. But if your like me and can't spend that much, get the tiburon. I would also like to say that I hate seeing guys in there thirties driving a tiburon. It pisses me off. I mean, shit, grow up. You fools look like idiots driving it. Especially when you take a picture of yourself in front of it and post it on the internet. All that shows is that you dont have much money, and you haven't grown up yet. Ok. THats all I have to say. Later people. By the way, why in the hell did you(Nizmo) get so damn mad?

NiSmO_zt
12-05-2002, 08:51 AM
i got mad cause you think your opinion is fact, saying all older nissans are crap. My "crap" nissan will take your brand new tiburon and walk all over it...and i garantee i spent less than a quarter of what you did. You must not have much pre-2000 nissan experience, or you wouldnt say what you are. your just in denial.

itsmeek
12-05-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by akhedraki

First off, don't act like your the shit. You people still don't get it do you. I have a question for you itsmeek. When was the last time you drove a hyundai, and specificaly a tiburon. I don't give a rats ass what the old hyundais used to be. We are talking about 2003 here. Not 98, not 99, not 2000, but 2003. You said that you OWNED Hyundais. I wonder how long ago that was? Stop talking about the old hyundai and start looking at the new. You damn RSX owners and celica owners are in complete denial and don't want to except the fact that the tiburon is a good car. Go test drive one and then talk.:devil:

whatever helps you sleep at night my friend. my cousin traded his 2003 tib in for a celica the other day because like all the articles say. The shifter is slow and clunky, the engine is not very responsive, the doors feel too heavy, the car doesn't handle well, etc.etc. yes i owned a 2001 tiburon and have had many other hyundais. i even liked the old hyundais, to tell you the truth, never had a problem with them. but i would never compare a hyundai to an acura, celica, or even a civic. theres a reason i got an RSX, it's because i can AFFORD the rsx and same with celica owners. i never knocked the tib, just said it should never be compared to a celica or an rsx, there is no comparison as the road and tracks, car and drivers, and motor trends found out. those are the big names out there. we're not talkin about some comparison that hyundai sporttuners did against a non type-s rsx that u guys keep mentioning.

NiSmO_zt
12-06-2002, 12:03 PM
yo meek, did you check out the scooby wrx before you got your rsx? my uncle has a wrx and it is sweet, i believe they are in the same general price range...not too sure, but the wrx is an all around performer.

itsmeek
12-06-2002, 12:14 PM
yeah man, i test drove the wrx. i loved it. the only thing w/that car that i saw as being a problem in the future was the turbo. and i also didn't like the overall looks of the car and the cheesy interior. with an air intake and a hondata chip i can beat the wrx in my rsx. i DO LOVE the subarus looks w/body kits and i do think the tiburon is a beautiful car, but would never buy a hyundai, the tiburon may look good up front, but it's the first year in production and i know they're gonna say that the rsx is the same, but honda has proven themselves in the past.

NiSmO_zt
12-06-2002, 04:19 PM
i know man, i wouldnt buy a hyundai either, just not tried and true yet. I did think the wrx was posting low 0-60 times though, like 5.4 seconds, whats the rsx-s post? the looks were a first i know, i worked with my uncle all summer, and people kept confusing it with a suped up neon, lol. subaru has redesigned the whole front end for next year, and it looks better. kind of skyline-ish headlights, it looks sweet. the beauty of the subaru is the damn winter driving, unbelievable, seriously, i took a ride in my unc's wrx and it accelerated on pure snow like it was on dry pavement, seriously, it was damn sweet, only thing that sux is that its a 4-door, but it is a rally car, and most of them are 4-door anyway. Is the rsx motor a 2.0? acura did some monster tuning to get 200hp out of it, i think the variable valve timing is the key factor there. the rsx has nice lines, but damn, when you stand next to it, its small, TT small. sweet car, what did it cost? if you dont mind my asking.

lata

itsmeek
12-06-2002, 05:00 PM
yeah man not a prob. i got my rsx-s for 20k american, i think retail is about 23,650 on it. the fastest time posted was 0-60 in 6.1 seconds i don't remember but i believe it was motor trend that posted that time. i put an air intake in mine and w/a hondata ecu chip the car will be making about 220 to the wheels. keep in mind the wrx makes about 227 only to the flywheel but to the wheels it only makes 168.0 hp@ 5733 rpm @ 12.1 psi. hey did you check out the new dodge neon srt? now that car is just sick. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds and under 20k. just no beating that. but it's still a neon (HI!)

Add your comment to this topic!