Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

mp3 player-possible or not?

nela_KI
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
I'm owner of Peugeot 307 HDI FAP and I have a standard cd changer in my car.I also have controls under my wheel.
I wonder if I can move out the cd changer and put mp3 player instead.Guys at Peugeot dealership told me that this is not possible.

Has anyone dicsovered a solution to this problem?
I want new audio system!
tell me how

Cobi
12-21-2005, 05:19 AM
Just replaced mine with a sony cd/mp3 player and everything looks good.

I used a connects2 display/stalk adapter. Almost everything works as expected.

The adapter doesn't support the MP3 text so the dash display says "no name". Stalk works well - the only different I noticed is when using the wheel on a radio station you don't get a list up on the display of the 6 presets, it just steps up /down.

If you're replacing a double din unit you'll need an Autoleads FP-006 (I think)

Cobi

I'm owner of Peugeot 307 HDI FAP and I have a standard cd changer in my car.I also have controls under my wheel.
I wonder if I can move out the cd changer and put mp3 player instead.Guys at Peugeot dealership told me that this is not possible.

I want new audio system!
tell me how

gromit3528
01-03-2006, 01:47 AM

I want new audio system!
tell me how

Hi Nela

Just trolling through the Peugeot accessories list and found:

MP3 auxilliary input cable (RD4 radio only) part No 9706AG

I don't know if this would help and it costs £40 but it might mean you don't have to remove your CD player!

Regards

Roy

mino115
11-21-2009, 01:14 PM
hi i have got 307 with cd changer steering controls etc, you can buy a kit off ebay which has usb connection for mp3 player and it all plugs into the stereo unit and can be controlled off stalk controls , the only downside of this kit is you can no longer cd changer as it plugs in were the kit does , ive got one for my ipod an it works great .

Add your comment to this topic!