Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

S Type Keys Wont Program

autos4life
09-27-2005, 07:52 AM
Hi evryone,
I am currently trying to program a new set of 2 keys for a customer to a 2000 MY Jaguar S type with the AD100 key programmer which I bought for just this purpose but the problem I get after gaining access to the pats module and clearing the keys previously programmed is when I cycle the new keys they dont program. The fault codes I am getting are 9681 ie transceiver not connected and 9213 ie less than minimum keys programmed which is understandable since the no of keys programmed is still 0. I have a strong hunch the transceiver is defective cos i checked the connector to the transceiver module with my multimeter (ignition on) and it was live but i didnt get any continuity across any of the 4 pins of the tranceiver module itself ( this is mounted on the ignition lock barrel by the way). What I am hoping to do is avoid having to shell out $90 for a new transceiver box if there are some procedures i can carry out to establish for certain that it actually is a transceiver problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Vincent

Add your comment to this topic!