Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Thumping noise

lou4062
09-15-2005, 07:43 AM
Hello,

In my 1996 Mystique there is a thumping noise in the front right side of the car. The thumping noise seems to agree with the wheel revolution. It sounds like something in the tire but the noise seems more toward the middle of the car. This will do this whether the car is straight or on turns. It is really noticable when the motor is under load. If coasting it is hardly noticeable. Both cv's have been changed. Thank you for any help.

Jay

Ejaye
12-12-2005, 10:52 PM
Hello,

In my 1996 Mystique there is a thumping noise in the front right side of the car. The thumping noise seems to agree with the wheel revolution. It sounds like something in the tire but the noise seems more toward the middle of the car. This will do this whether the car is straight or on turns. It is really noticable when the motor is under load. If coasting it is hardly noticeable. Both cv's have been changed. Thank you for any help.

Jay

Check your motor mounts.

Ejaye

kennyt
01-24-2006, 10:05 AM
check your drive axles there is while you could call it a hanger bearing pass side that also supports the axle possibly bolts are loose.......wheel bearing also perhaps?

Ejaye
01-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Oops! My terminology was faulty. The parts I was referring to in answer to lu4062 were the transmission mounts.

Add your comment to this topic!