Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no heat:( ever

joe sprocket
09-12-2005, 01:39 PM
first of all i would like to say wassup to everyone. i'm new here and i have a heat problem with a '95 plymouth acclaim. this thing NEVER throws heat. the coolant lines were flushed and it took awhile to get the fluid moving but it did in the end. i was wondering if anyone knew of the problem. in the winter it warms up a bit then the fan comes on and away goes the little bit of warm air from the heater. diconnected the fan and still no heat. please help a frozen young man:P

baumbr
09-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Is your thermostat good? If it doesn't open you won't get any heat. Also check your vacuum lines that control the heater and A/C. If these are bad (cracked, broken, leaking in anyway) the damper door won't move and you'll either be stuck on heat or vent. '91 Acclaim seems to default to Defrost when the vacuum lines are bad.
Also check your coolant temperature sensor and its connections. This is the sensor located just under the point where the upper radiator hose enters the block. It tells the fan, etc. when to turn on.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

theFREAKnasty82
09-12-2005, 10:58 PM
check the temperature of your heater hoses when the car is warmed up. If it is not hot or one hose is hot and the other is cold, you could have a plugged heater core.

joe sprocket
09-13-2005, 12:25 PM
wow, thanks for replyin so quickly :) the thermostat has been replaced and i'm not sure about the vacuum lines but we were thinking it was the heater core. i'll try that hose temp check and also the vacuum lines. thanx again:D

Add your comment to this topic!