Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

warped head...or not??

geolover93
08-29-2005, 09:47 AM
How can you tell if you have a warped head or not...I was driving down the freeway when my car started running hot. I tried to make it home and I heard some **POPS** and I was coming up to pay a toll and then when i was slowing down, my car died. There was white smoke coming out of the engine, but none coming out of the exhaust. It isn't getting compression in the engine. It is a DOHC. I have friends that looked at it, and they said it was a warped head? But how do you really know if it is or not?

mishuleo
01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
look at the OIL!

MT-2500
01-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Like no compression all cylinders or just 2 cylinders side by side or one ?
If all cylinders you are in deep trouble man.:eek:
Has it got a timming belt? If so better check it.
Got any oil or water left in it?
What engine year and model?:confused:
MT

:feedback:

cheesep
01-21-2006, 10:55 PM
Well, I'd say that if you have no compression in all the cylinders then yes, you are in trouble. If it was just one or two it could just be a head gasket blowout between the 2 cylinders, or it could be a blowout on all the cylinders causing major leaks. I would take the head off and take it to a machine shop to see if is too far gone. If it is not, they can mill (shave) it and it will be reflattened, then you can put a new head gasket on and away you go. I wouldn't think it would really matter if it is a 1.6 or a 1.8 DOHC because the heads and the head gaskets are the same (With the exception of the 1.6 Turbo RS), it's just the displacement that is different, but I could be wrong.

Isuzone.org - Refer for more information

Light Storms
02-26-2006, 11:47 PM
a good machine shop will go further adn check the casting of your head for stress, cracks, holes ect and give you advice from there, the good news is the inside of your engine is now carbon free, if you wanted to stop smoking use the patch

Add your comment to this topic!