Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

multiple '95 LWB problems

doboy
08-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Recently my 1995 LWB RR has been doing some funky things.
1. Lately I've been having the headlights dim for a slight second and return to normal and stay that way for a while. Sometimes I'll see the battery indicator come up on the dash very quick during the day.
2. I also sometimes have the TC and ABS lights come on and stay on. Sometimes they never come on during a driving trip, and sometimes they come on after a few seconds after going out on initial check after starting the engine.
3. Every once in a while the air suspension warning light will illuminate while driving, as well as all of the lights on the three switches will come on, and then they will turn off after about fifteen to thirty seconds. Just today however, the lights on the raise and lower buttons are flashing and so is the indicator on the dash, and they will go out after thirty seconds and then the raise/lower buttons and the dash indicator will go solid.

Anyone have ideas to my problems?

Also, I live in the Portland, Ore. area and the only place I know of to take the RR for servicing is the Portland Land Rover dealership. My dad, who used to drive the '95 Range Rover and is now driving a 2004 LR Disco has found the service people to not be very useful (had a catalytic converter that was rattling and they didn't believe him when he had said that was causing the rattling and needed to be replaced) and they charge a lot for everything. Supposedly the last time that we had a problem with the air suspension, they said the motor burned out and that ended up being $3000. Also, just for them to diagnose the problem costs $300. Brakes are $1000. Is there anyone in the area who goes somewhere else that is much more helpful and cheaper?

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!