Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Toyo Drift shootout - My 1st ever drifting event

HoosierDrifter
08-21-2005, 06:09 PM
well, i can finally call myself a drifter :biggrin: but not very good yet..

the event was at the Indianapolis Raceway Park... on and inside the oval. there was two classes. amature and pro. the only pro drifter there that i've seen videos from was Bubba drift (supercharged ls1 86 el Camino) i also borrowed his old helmet lol. It will televised be on ESPN Sept 22nd i had a few good drifts and a few good spinouts... drifting iisnt easy.. but i will be better once i learn my limits and experiment with different setups

check it out... http://www.playinthestreet.com/itb/front_page.htm

AWDSR20
08-21-2005, 07:51 PM
Nice!

leestewart
08-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Ya it looked pretty good to me for a first time!!!
One day when I get a VLSD I'll do some driftin. But untill then I'll probally take it easy. Well hope to see ya out this weekend were usually out around 10:30 or so. Well later man.

loyal240
08-25-2005, 12:42 PM
I was there too, which car was yours.

HoosierDrifter
08-25-2005, 01:05 PM
http://members.aol.com/dust83west/nissan4-05.jpg

it has a hood now. if espn televises my run, it was my very 1st drift attempt on that course(pretty much 1st drift ever). i also accidently flicked on my windsheild wipers for the drift up the bank. so if you see a red s13 drifting with its wipers on.. it was me. i have 1" wheel adapters(spacers) on the way.. then i will get a steering quickener.. i will be much more competitive after that.

R.W.240
08-25-2005, 01:24 PM
A Steering Quickener???

Mike is a nice guy... he's been banned from every message board from the Texas area though.

Was Derrick there in that new Shitbox knight rider bubbadrift mobile?

Hit_N_Run-player
08-25-2005, 02:56 PM
that car looks nice without the hood, awesome that your drifting!

HoosierDrifter
08-26-2005, 12:26 AM
nope... "kitt" wasnt there... i think there were two others from formula D. you guys have to watch it on tv.... on the very first tandem run... some noob in a miata was leading and freaked out when a fully drift spec s14 got inches away, he then stepped on the gas and went right into a concrete wall with one water barrier in front of it.. right in front of espn's camera LOL... it was a HARD hit

Add your comment to this topic!