Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

starter

myproblem
08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell me how to remove a starter from a Geo prizm.

HndrxAttack
10-08-2005, 05:26 PM
Best bet is to buy a manual from pep-boys or something. Ive done it once and it was hard. There is no room for a hand to get around. So I just said screw this, and bought the starter and gave it to a real mechanic to do.. Give him the frustration.

myproblem
10-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Best bet is to buy a manual from pep-boys or something. Ive done it once and it was hard. There is no room for a hand to get around. So I just said screw this, and bought the starter and gave it to a real mechanic to do.. Give him the frustration.

Hi
I found a good way to take the starter off. Looking at the motor it was very complicated looking. When I got in to it I found it wasn't as bad as I thought. Remove the breather completely and a clamp that holds a cable and behold there is one of the bolts in plain view. Take this bolt put from drivers side. The other bolt isn't as easy but not too complicated.
If you get on the passenger's side and with your left hand reach down under the intake next to the motor and you will feel the starter feel down under the starter and you find the bottom bolt. Using a socket and a universal joint and and extra long extension I used two which was over 4 feet long. Turn front wheels all the wayto the left and that opens up an opening where you can extend through to the bolt from the top you can put the socket on tne bolt put the rachet and proceed to turn the bolt. Choose when you want to take the cable off. I unbolted the starter first but you can take it off first. "myproblem"

ray with prizm
10-31-2005, 06:33 PM
Prizm Radio Removal

Anyone know how to do this?

Add your comment to this topic!