Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

4th gen 'lude or 300zx 2+2

Julz4444
05-02-2002, 08:26 PM
I am going to buy a car soon and I have narrowed down to 2 cars.... 4th gen prelude Si or V-tec and the 300zx. I like them both and i want a nice powerful car. Okay yeah the Z is more powerful than the prelude but see.... I am a girl and my boyfriend (who has a prelude but likes the Z)
says, "The 300zx is a black man's car", nothing personal but the majority of the time when you see a Z it is most like a middle aged black man driving it (well at least here in Mactown and the A-T-L hahaha). And well I think he is right about seeing a girl driving a Z would be weird but I think the Z has more potential than to be just a cruiser on chromed out "20s. I want a nice powerful car but both cars are......of course the Z is more powerful. But out of any Honda (of normal status) the prelude in my opinion is the best. ( and also the prelude is more "girlie", but whatever)

silvercivicgrl
05-03-2002, 11:00 AM
well u need to remember

1. the z is a HEAVY ASS car
2. parts are hard to get for it. my bfs friend had a z and it was at that stage where something was always breaking and local shops did not have the parts for it so they had to end up ordering the parts from japan and they took awhile to get here.
3. yes the z is more powerful but it is a heavy car and aftermarket parts are more expensive for it.
4. also not many mechanics are used to working on z's since not many ppl have them. ie. if u live out in bumfuckville chances are there isnt a mechanic who knows how to work on the z

i still think the z is a nice car but id rather have the lude. it is a easier to get parts to modify it than the z. :)

hope that helps girlie ;)

Kastro
05-03-2002, 10:54 PM
Get the Z,I like seeing hot chicks in fast cars:D

Julz4444
05-03-2002, 11:36 PM
hehehe.... i like the way you think :)

Kastro
05-03-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Julz4444
hehehe.... i like the way you think :)

is it going to be a TT?

Julz4444
05-04-2002, 12:00 AM
Well I did my research and I think i'll go with the 2+2 b/c it still has 222hp stock. And from what i've heard the turbos can be trouble, and also insurance is higher on the twin model. But if i can find a TT that is in good shape and is at a good price, i won't mind getting it. It is still not completely out of my mind ,so....

Kastro
05-04-2002, 12:05 AM
Well I did my research and I think i'll go with the 2+2 b/c it still has 222hp stock. And from what i've heard the turbos can be trouble, and also insurance is higher on the twin model. But if i can find a TT that is in good shape and is at a good price, i won't mind getting it. It is still not completely out of my mind ,so....

I never knew they had 222hp:confused: in that case I would get a 4th gen prelude vtec,that has 190hp:)

Julz4444
05-04-2002, 12:14 AM
Yeah well.... See I like to be different and with the Z i would be b/c there is no girl here that has a Z but plenty of people have the prelude.....yeah , i'm so confused........ hahah.....
but i love torque and the Z even the 2+2 have plenty of it, 198 ft-lbs.
The prelude vtec has 158 ft-lbs. and with the vtec, i doesn't really be it feel like it takes away the torque..... i love the feel of torque.... but i could get the prelude Si and it has the torquey feel but it has only 160 hp.

silvercivicgrl
05-04-2002, 10:58 AM
first off i can tell u are just looking at the hp and look aspects of the car but u need to look at what i said too. if u do go with the z. ...know they are more expensive to maintain. make sure a auto place where u live has a good mechanic that can work on the z. i mean i live in richmond and not many ppl here can work on a z right. i still think it is a badass car but u just need to weigh the all the aspects, not jsut look at it being fast and looking good :)

Julz4444
05-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Yes, i have looked at all the aspects of the Z not just what it looks like....
(I like i said in the other post) i love torque and the Z even the 2+2 have plenty of it, 198 ft-lbs.
The prelude vtec has 158 ft-lbs. and with the vtec, i doesn't really but it feels like it takes away the torque..... i love the feel of torque.... but i could get the prelude Si and it has the torquey feel but it has only 160 hp. The horsepower and torque make up for the 3313 lbs. of car. The prelude weights 2866 lbs. that is only 447 pounds difference. Yeah that would be a big difference if the Z only had like 10 more horsepower and torque. But the Z has 32 more hp. and 40 more ft. lbs. of torque, that is a pretty decent stretch. About the mechanics of it all, every car is gonna have some kind of problem in it's like time yeah some major some minor but as long as you take car of your car and don't rat it out you should only have problems like brakes, fuses, spark plugs, etc. and also I am going to school right now in mechanics and learning a lot and how to do difficult things on my own. So I may have the problems of buying the parts but i won't have to pay so much labor work, yeah sometimes but not always.

silvercivicgrl
05-04-2002, 05:07 PM
ok girl sounds like u got ur shiat together ;) as for torque if thats what u want u need to look at the facts and thats what u did

are u planning to mod this car to race or anything? as for parts like that for the z they are harder to come by than the lude. my friend had a z and he always complained about finding parts to modify for it and yada yada. u get the idea. just whatever fits ur budget girl :)

Kastro
05-04-2002, 05:08 PM
check out www.300zxforums.com :)

Julz4444
05-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Yeah , if i get my car looking good i well so be at shows and drag places and what not.....
Yeah it will be harder to find parts and mods. for the Z but at least you won't have millions of kick mods that you like but you don't know which one to choose ya know....but i'm still kicking with the prelude , i think a prelude would fit me a lot better but ill see

silvercivicgrl
05-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Yeah , if i get my car looking good i well so be at shows and drag places and what not.....
Yeah it will be harder to find parts and mods. for the Z but at least you won't have millions of kick mods that you like but you don't know which one to choose ya know....but i'm still kicking with the prelude , i think a prelude would fit me a lot better but ill see

:D great decision!!!

Frostbyte
05-15-2002, 08:35 PM
One more thing you also have to look at is when you ask that question you are asking in a honda section of the message boards. Of course we are going to be partial as to what you should get.

Julz4444
05-16-2002, 12:50 AM
Well actually that is wrong b/c on my other post in the prelude forum I got more replies going for the 3z than the prelude so.....

CXHatchback
05-16-2002, 01:35 PM
Zs kick ass! If my old turbo didn't take a shit on me, I'd still be driving it today. NEVER BUY A TTZ WITH MORE OR CLOSE TO 100K MILES ON IT! If you're going with a turbo, make sure it has very low miles or it was meticulously maintained, otherwise, be prepared to dump your money into it. Damn those things are nice though.

Add your comment to this topic!