Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help on my first CAR

08-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I'm selling my Jeep (anyone want a great first car for their kid?) and I want something with a little umph. . .

Ever since I have gotten into any kind of sports car, all I have been wanting is an MK3 supra turbo. I think the car is perfect in every way, but also I've kind of started looking at MK2 MR2 turbos. Anyone who knows anything about these 2 choices - throw in your 2 cents about which is a better choice and why . . .

King Of Crunk
08-09-2005, 06:52 PM
i think the MR2 is a better track car but the supra would be a better straight liner....

NISSANSPDR
08-09-2005, 08:55 PM
Yea the MkIII Supra Turbo is a pig. It's super heavy.

The 2nd Gen MR2 is light, fast, reliable, strong motor, and nimble. Go for it.

VAD0R
08-09-2005, 09:25 PM
Its all about if you want a sports car with some more practicality plus a larger engine and probably cheaper.

Or one that is almost or what some may consider virtually a no holds bar sports car with no extra seating aside from two and barely boot to match. But it is a mid-engined sports with great handling and is lighter in weight so it is a faster than an MKIII Supra.

08-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Thanks everyone, it seems you are swaying my decision.

I looked a little more at the mr2s, and it seems that the turbos are a little too much dough. Do you think i could find one under 7 grand with a turbo?

If not, how much am I really sacraficing, will i regret not getting a turbo for the rest of the time i own the car? I could look up the horsepower difference, but if someone knows, let ME know

Thanks again

ghetto7o2azn
08-10-2005, 01:31 AM
the mr2 would probably be sportier, and the supra would probably be the safer choice... the mr2 has a tendancy to snap overstear due to its mid engine.. this isnt a negative or positive... it just a characteristic of the car, just like many porsches... if it is your first car, it just might be a little dangerous until you get used to it, so if you do get it, try take it a little easy on the turns the first couple weeks... also, i would probably recamend a 93 since the suspention was upgraded to have less tendancy to overstear... some people like the 91-92 suspention better, but the 93 is probably safer... maybe you should test drive to see which you like more...

either choice is a nice car but just my :2cents: on the mr2

Add your comment to this topic!