Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Jetta 2.5

IKG
08-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey I was interested in buying a new 2006 2.5 Jetta and was wondering what peoples opinions of them were. It's between that and th mazda 3 or 6 right now. I currently own a mazda tribute and though i love it and it's given me no problems I am rather board of it and wanted something smaller and sporty. Looking at the jetta a lot of the features such as heated seats and stuff are standard where as on the mazda 3 they are not. I know I have had no problems w/mazda but want to know if anyone has had good or bad experiences with the new jetta. Thanks = )

JTrujillo86
08-13-2005, 01:48 AM
My mom bought a Jetta about a month ago, and although she's only put 2K miles on it, she loves it. She down graded from a 99 Chevy Blazer to a Jetta 2.5 and doesn't regret it at all. I actually drove it to work today and I think its amazing. With the stick it feels just as quck as my 2002 Alero V6.

Honestly, I don't forsee any issues, and if they do come up, I don't expect them to be engine/transmission related (like they were with her Blazer :-( My cousin has a 99 MKIV Jetta that has a crapload of miles on it that is still amazingly sturdy. I'm confident this is gonna last.

Jeremy

96chevy
03-27-2006, 01:44 AM
i have a 2005.5 2.5L, i think they are exactly the same, mine is the value edition

here are my thoughts on the car

firstly, if you have the extra $5,000 just get the package 2 or whatever its called, you get nice rims, real leather, and a sunroof, the value package has "flowery" rims, leatherette seats, and no sunroof. the leatherette really isn't bad, heated they are the same as leather.

secondly, volkswagen really screwed this car out of its potential. they made the biggest jetta ever, with a 2.5L engine, but they gave it 150 horsepower, its 0-60 is something over 9 seconds! i read somewhere that the 07 was supposed to have a 2.0t, that would've been nice to have back in 05.5 or 06, cmon.

overall it is a very nice car to drive, i bought mine used with only 2,500 miles and it came with an in-dash 6 disk changer and some other options. the backseat is very large compared to older jettas.

i also like the 6-speed tiptronic transmission

some other nice things are the "live" gas MPG ratings, average MPG and etc. on the screen in front of the driver.

this is definetley a grown up jetta

scott778
03-29-2006, 08:32 PM
I have had my 06 2.5 for a month now. Had 460 miles on it at the dealer now shows 3000 on it. 6 disk in the dash, real leather, steering wheel buttons, sunroof and all. Traded in a 97 Buick park Ave Ultra. Lost about 100 HP there but I love the Jetta so far. The dealer kept it for a week in there also because of an issue while it was getting its first going over. SO I drove another one for a week put 800 miles on that one. It had the bigger tires and different styled rims. For that extra price and all you got a worse ride and I had quieter 4 wheel drive mud buggys.

I told the guy that sold it t me I wanted to put a half a million miles on it. I have my old beater with 200K on it so far, 85 Pontiac Parisenne. Kids call it the pimp mobile. The wife has ridden in it for about 500 miles in 8 years.

I still am having issues with the XM radio. It does not seem to want to get its act together.

Scott

I'mBroken
05-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I have a 2005 with the 5 speed and every option you can think of. I don't know how the automatic works, but this thing has balls. I had a Mazda 3 before the jetta and this thing blows it away. It has the power to spin the tires into 3rd gear if you do it right. I can take off like you wouldn't believe. My 99 Alero with the 3.4 is very sluggish compared to this. It hugs corners, drives well in the snow over the Siera's when going from San Fran to Reno and is honestly the best car I have ever owned. It is comfortable and roomy to no end. Jetta's have always had a big trunk, but you could put 10 bodies in this thing!:wink:

Believe me, take one for a looooong test drive and I don't think you will be disappointed.

Oh, almost forgot, in 5th gear this car is most comfortable at 90 MPH so a radar detector is definately a requirement!:bigthumb:

Murco
06-10-2006, 11:30 PM
I own a 2006 Jetta GLI 2.0T and am pleased with it. I traded a 2003 GLI VR6-24v to buy it and to be honest, I would keep the old car if I were given a choice. The old car rode better, had WAY more power, and more comfortable seats. Don't get me wrong, the new car is nice but it feels detatched, almost like driving a video game...

Add your comment to this topic!