Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Average Life?

GLittler
08-06-2005, 12:43 AM
This is my first time posting here but i have a nagging question. I have a 90 2.2L I ran a carfax and I think it has approx 280k (could be 180 but from the carfax it seems unlikely) miles. I've had it for about two years and have put almost 15000 miles on it. I've really only had minor problems: Starter, Crankshaft sensor, leaky radiotor. (And also i believe a bad Head Gasket, but the guy i bought it from fixed it and i believe he said that was what the problem was.) My real question is does this car have much life left? I recently decided to keep this car instead of getting a new one. Does it have at least year or two left on it? if so is there anything I can do to prolong it? I dont want to put a bunch of money into make it look nice it if its just going to die soon, but if i can get a year or two that would be great, I'd even be willing to put in a new tranny and rebuild the engine next summer if need be, I really like this car (My first car) and have most of the interior work done, I'm just curious if it is worth it to go ahead and get the body work and paint done.

P.S. I haven't really had and engine or tranny trouble as of yet

Thanks in advanced

public
08-06-2005, 07:34 AM
It will be fine. I have a 89 with 300k on it and the engine is still solid. I did put in a junk yard tranny at about 200k. Just keep up with your maintence. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!