Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

chech engine light

Silntvyln
08-01-2005, 08:10 PM
to start i have a 91 Geo storm GSi 5 speed has around 135k on it
It all started when i was leaveing work and had to stop and pay for parking i was off the clutch and was in nutruel and all the sudden it revved up to 3k RPM i shut off the car and could not start it back up tryed to push start but i don't think i had enough speed (not a very good hill) after probly 45 mins tryed agian and it started went up to 2k rpm right away started to drive home about 10 mins later idle settled down to 900 but check engine light came on. for about 3 months after that every time i was driveing for more then 30 mins or so and shut down the car it would need about 30 mins before it wanted to start agian and the same thing would happen revs up to 2-2.5k settles down in 10 mins and check engine light comes on, now i am able to crack it a little more during starting and it seems to start up but stills revs up and check engine light comes on curious if any one had had a experience like this or knows what is wrong.
Thanks much

Storm Rider
08-03-2005, 03:44 PM
My 90 Base did the same thing. It was determined to be the coolant sensor to the computer. (The sensor on the left, by the thermostat) About 13 bucks at AutoZone for the part.

Silntvyln
08-03-2005, 08:37 PM
Thans a ton ill give it a shot

Add your comment to this topic!