Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

need help diagnosing brake prob

stocktown91
07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
I'll keep this short and sweet. My truck has been making these horendous noises from the back wheels lately. They sound like steel bending. Like something's caught in the wheel and then it will stop like it broke loose. Then come back again. I know I shouldn't be driving it but I have no choice. I have to work and the bus is not an option. I can't even get it in to be serviced right now. Money is just too tight. Anyway, it's a 91 mmax with rear drums. As far as I can tell the drum and shoes look alright. My back passenger wheel somehow got covered in brake fluid. I can't find any obvious signs of damage anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mightymaxima
07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
all i can think of if their are no signs of brake line rot or cracks is that it would need a wheel cylinder. the sound might be the shoes stuck because of the bad cylinder... hope im right cause its a cheap and relitivly easy fix... good luck

stocktown91
07-31-2005, 08:22 PM
hey thanks a lot bud. you were right. saved me a couple hundered bucks. i already had the drums and shoes ready to go.

Add your comment to this topic!