Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

door handle/latch

karnovking
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
the door latch on my 94 civic is comming out of the door. its been a while since I had the door panel off, but from what I can remember, I do not think this would be easy to get at and work on. Am I right on this?, before I take the door panel off.

if it is too much trouble i'll probably drill some holes and fix it like they do in the ghetto.

snowman2005
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
get the iner panel off raise the window and there should be plenty of space to work around

karnovking
07-20-2005, 02:48 PM
cool, I hope so! not looking for a big project. Thanks

VA Tech7
07-20-2005, 11:53 PM
the door latch on my 94 civic is comming out of the door. its been a while since I had the door panel off, but from what I can remember, I do not think this would be easy to get at and work on. Am I right on this?, before I take the door panel off.

if it is too much trouble i'll probably drill some holes and fix it like they do in the ghetto.

the piece w/ the door handle and lock switch is really simple, it might just not be screwed in or it came out of place. unscrew it and make sure it is slid to the left and screw back and it should be fine unless it's broken or something ?¿

karnovking
07-23-2005, 06:48 PM
yeah, you can see where the fastener came out. Its probably sitting in the bottom of the door (i hope).

the real heartbreaker is, I just had it all apart to replace the regulator for the window

karnovking
07-31-2005, 10:21 AM
peice of cake, the bolt worked its way loose, and it was sitting in the bottom of the door.

Only one problem, when I was taking the clip out that holds the window crank, it shot up in the air, landed somewhere and bounced, i can't find it. It is always something...

Add your comment to this topic!