Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sound deadening

BoNkA10
07-16-2005, 01:11 PM
I just got all my audio stuff put into my car and my subwoofer is completely destroying my hatchback. There is WAY too much rattling and I'm not even sure exactly what spots it's coming from. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem and fixed it or knows a good way to. I doubt throwing sound deadening material in the trunk will help much.

cficare68
07-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Get some dynomat it helps

BoNkA10
07-17-2005, 11:23 PM
I assume I'd have to rip off all the paneling, put the dynamat, then put the paneling back on?

fiberglasscivic
07-18-2005, 04:09 AM
That would be correct. Try going over all your nuts and bolts on the hatch and anything associated with your hatch area and re-tighten everything. The sound deadening material will help out lots.

BoNkA10
07-18-2005, 08:47 AM
The only problem I've seen so far is it looks like there's 2 screws (possibly) missing that were holding the paneling on the actual hatchback. It's the closest piece to the rear of the car and has 1 spot on each side part way up the hatch, where it overlaps the other peice of paneling, for a screw, bolt, or something else that may just be jammed into the hole to hold the paneling better. Whatever was there is no longer there. I assume it was there before I had the audio and alarm installed and they ripped that panel off for the alarm (maybe) and lost whatever went in there.

I did find a good amount of screws on my floor when I got it back, but I have no idea what they're for. None of them seem to fit what I'm talking about though, so I'm pretty lost as to what was in there.

Eagalicious
07-19-2005, 04:52 PM
The two holes you are talking about inside the hatch. Those are screw holes. There are two black coarse screws that go there. Take the screw that is at the end by the latch that lifts the spare wheel cover and remove the panel. They probably did not place all the retaining clips back in when the put the cover back on. The screws for the hatch are the same screws from the console or door panel screws. just take one out and go to Home depot or ace hardware and ask for a match.

Good luck!!!

1997 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD
K&N FIPK
HKS SSQV BoV (coming this weekend)
HKS Recirculation kit (coming this weekend)
The rest is stock but not for LONG!! :evillol:

Add your comment to this topic!