Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Right Door Ajar on 98 Mark

OldRelayer
07-11-2005, 03:32 AM
We have an intermitten problem with the the car thinking the right door is open. This is a problem because the interior lights stay on and of course that would lead to a dead battery. Happened again last night but this time I couldn't get it to go away, so I took out the fuse for the lights. I don't have any idea whatelse this might affect, the headlights still work, so it may be ok to drive like this, but don't know for sure.

I am guessing this is in the door switch, but I don't really know because over the 5 Marks we have had, the message center can be a bit missleading. First question is, I can't find the door switch, it is the passenger side, can anyone tell me how to locate the switch? If you have anyother ideas on what the problem may be, please let me know.

Thanks
Barry

frankjc
11-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Mine always says "door ajar" and i have no idea why.

BlackiceLSC
11-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Mine always says "door ajar" and i have no idea why.

each door has a "sensor" that is actually part of the door latch mechanism itself, inside the door. it doesnt employ the typical "button" like most cars, for the "door ajar" system. This is mainly because the air ride system depends on the door actuation for "vent/parked" cycling.

The actual test-fix is to use WD-40, and liberally spray into the door's latch mechanism. Use it liberally. then open/close the door several times, normally.

That should pretty much take care of it. If you continue to have any problems, the switch itself may be worn, and will require a new one.

any other questions, feel free to ask me.

frankjc
11-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Thanks, I hit it with some WD40...so far so good.

frankjc
11-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey blackice, I saw your article on coil spring conversion over at lincolnvscadillac... pretty cool. I have been having air suspension issues, and am thinking about converting to coils.

BlackiceLSC
11-15-2005, 10:20 PM
Hey blackice, I saw your article on coil spring conversion over at lincolnvscadillac... pretty cool. I have been having air suspension issues, and am thinking about converting to coils.

that is an old article. I have completely replaced that set up with a new set up from a far superior vendor.

if you so wish to go that route, let me know...I have the "hook up" for you.

I also have a new tech article, with improved details in lincolnsonline.
here's THAT (http://www.lincolnsonline.com/article37.html) link.

let me know if I can be of any more help.

frankjc
11-15-2005, 10:50 PM
Cool! That article is even better....nice pics, and excellent explaination of each step.
I am thinking the conversion is the way to go...what is the "hook up"?

BlackiceLSC
11-15-2005, 11:55 PM
Cool! That article is even better....nice pics, and excellent explaination of each step.
I am thinking the conversion is the way to go...what is the "hook up"?

I dont want to hi-jack this thread, so I'll send you the info via priate message, ok?

Thanks for the props, BTW

frankjc
11-16-2005, 07:17 AM
OK..sounds good.

You're welcome...you did a great job with that.

Add your comment to this topic!