Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Name Is Raz Kaz, And I Have A Problem...

Raz_Kaz
07-07-2005, 11:10 AM
Yes it's true...I have a disorder.

Not many people experience this illness and I am unfortunate to have to go through this. It was not instantly recognizable but it took some time to develop. Due to the ilness I suffer from, my family and friends have all looked at me differently since. It's as if I'm a monster, but I'm not.
I got a hands on experience the other day on how this will affect my everyday life. I had just recently worked a 8 hour shift and it hit me. Most people look forward to relaxing and taking it easy after work, but not I. The first thing that came to mind was the beautiful drive home.
Soon aftrwards all I can think about is the sesation of being behind the wheel.

My name is Raz Kaz and I'm obsessed with my car :biggrin:

Please don't tell me I"m alone on this, who else here can't get enough of their new car...Josh?

flatlander757
07-07-2005, 11:43 AM
im with you, lol

when i get off work early, ill take a drive to take up whatever time before i would normally be home. usually look for races.

Knifeblade
07-07-2005, 12:12 PM
Well, a new car feel is certainly a heady experience.

illegal_eagle187
07-07-2005, 12:13 PM
hey i suffer from the same disorder.....you're not alone lol

BrodyP
07-07-2005, 12:40 PM
I hear sex cures that real fast. :smokin:

-Jayson-
07-07-2005, 12:53 PM
i know exactly what you mean, the worst is after a long day at work you want to have a nice ride home with the windows down, and it rains!

UGH I HATE THAT!

And no sex doesnt cure your want to drive your car, that just cures your desire to have sex.

gigglesnirt
07-07-2005, 01:21 PM
i wouldn't say its a new car, but when i first got my car, i wouldn't stop driving fast up in the narrow dirt roads behind my house, still today i do it after work.

Raz_Kaz
07-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Glad to hear I'm not alone.

I have another confession to make, sometimes on the way home, I usually take detours to make the ride home just a tad bit longer. I feel like the person in that one commercial where they drink a whole 4 L of milk just to drive to the grocery store, I do the same. I find any reason to take a drive.
And the best part is that I've done over 370km on half a tank of gas, even counting 3-4 races on that same tank.

eversio11
07-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, exactly, you only 'hear' that :lol: Just playing, mate

Anyways, can't say I share the same affliction. If I had a new car that was fun to drive, well yeah, I'd be itching to drive it any chance I could get. But I just have the old Cutlass, gets me from point A to B, that's all.

Damien
07-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I'm right wit ya Raz! Now I just need to get a new car again... :(

illegal_eagle187
07-07-2005, 02:10 PM
i do that when i drive my moms Suburban lol i always take the scenic route :lol2:

flatlander757
07-07-2005, 02:30 PM
yeah, i must blow $45-50 a week on gas because i take so many detours and have some "spirited" driving occasionally :evillol:

Suislide
07-07-2005, 02:33 PM
i can't say i share the same enthusiasm....but that's only because i am currently "lucky" enough to be driving a decrepit Pontiac mini-van with over 300,000km's on the clock, in which the drive-train is about the only thing left working (no AC, no radio).

but i DO however enjoy driving my mom's 2004 Accord V6, and am currently in the process of shopping for my FC3S RX-7, so that i may share the same feelings of driving bliss that you guys are lucky enough to experience.

bastards. :tongue:

illegal_eagle187
07-07-2005, 02:34 PM
i know, we are so blessed lol

Nicole8188
07-07-2005, 02:57 PM
I got my truck, I got my truck, I got my truck...hey hey hey hey! *To that Little Rascal's tune*

Just got it like, 2 weeks ago. Agghh!! So freaking happy!

And yes, I feel the same way.

illegal_eagle187
07-07-2005, 03:12 PM
what truck do u have Nicole>?

Nicole8188
07-07-2005, 03:59 PM
a pimpin 97 f150. it's maroon, and flareside.

Raz_Kaz
07-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok well since we're on the subject of obessions...

Who else gets excited to wash their car and then sits for a good 10 mins just staring at it, admiring the looks.

I have a feeling I'm alone on this one

-Josh-
07-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Im with you on that last one, spent two hours cleaning it, then i didn't want to drive it cause i didnt want it to get dirty, so i stared at it...

BrodyP
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
I wash the car every Friday morning..My neighbors have said multiple times I am to obsessive, then they ask me to wash there cars and I pretend like I didnt hear that part of the conversation.

sidewayzS13
07-07-2005, 08:47 PM
everytime i get a new mod to my car i love to go driving and just feel the new sensation. when i got my new BOV i had a blast driving around listening to that baby blow off. suislide you still dont have a rx 7 whats w/ that you should go back to wanting a s13.

drewh4386
07-08-2005, 12:02 AM
Im with you on that last one, spent two hours cleaning it, then i didn't want to drive it cause i didnt want it to get dirty, so i stared at it...Same with my eclipse josh :)

Nicole8188
07-08-2005, 12:12 AM
I washed my truck this morning! And then it dried and I saw all the spots I had missed. :(

I have yet to perfect the art of truck washing...

drewh4386
07-08-2005, 12:21 AM
I washed my truck this morning! And then it dried and I saw all the spots I had missed. :(

well you didn't wash it did you? ;)
stroke on.......stroke off........:)

Nicole8188
07-08-2005, 12:41 AM
Easier said than done. Be nice, it was my first time!

drewh4386
07-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Easier said than done. Be nice, it was my first time!First time eh?
Ok.
I'll go easy....................;)

flatlander757
07-08-2005, 12:53 AM
i love washing my car, ill usually do it sundays after church, and when i look at my watch when it's done, ill find out 3 hours have gone by. i walk around the car literally 40+ times checking for parts i forgot to shammy and for water spots so i can add a bit more water to it then wipe off to get them off.

i feel bad though, last week i got back from vacation and i just wanted to drive a clean car, so i spent $15 on the ultimate super dooper holy shit its so clean in the reflection you can see through womens clothes car wash at the local gas station... :eek7: it was alright, but the wheels were not shiney, the back end didnt dry off, and there is a small area where my driver side window doesnt seal towards the back so i got soap and hot wax spit through it onto my neck. that sucked ass. im going to do it right this sunday, i have the entire day off, so it looks like im taking everything out, washing the seat covers, and vacuuming the ENTIRE car.

also, another thing that is obsessive is a few days ago i got a roll of film so i could do a small photoshoot for my car, i took it to the middle of a kmart parkinglot and walked around it shooting 24 in about 2 hours. lol. all on the car. if you care to see them, go HERE (http://photobucket.com/albums/v294/flatlander757/).

this thread reminds me of "car crazy" on speed channel...

illegal_eagle187
07-08-2005, 12:55 AM
i have a dirty truck...but i like to places lol

Raz_Kaz
07-08-2005, 12:59 AM
Yea I would never ley my car suffer to those "instant" car washes. Sure they make it less dirty but it will never be the same as washing it by hand.
Usually the car starts dirty and I clean and 1.5-2 hours later it is the complete reverse and that is when I know the task is done.

I have a routine where I start the vacuuming, then the dash, then rearview and inside windows, the wash the car, clean the brake dust off the rims and go over the car several times in between to make sure the car dries off completely.

And when it's all said and done I always catch myself just staring at it...

BTW, nica 'maro :thumbsup:

ThatRoundHeadedKid
07-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Hell, I can't even wait to get my first car!

Jonno
07-08-2005, 01:53 AM
Ever find yourself doing things to your car that it doesn't need done, just so you can work on it?

A couple weeks ago changed my oil, all the filters, spark plugs, flushed the radiator and checked the brakes. All it needed was an oil and oil filter change :icon16:

You know you are getting a bit obsessive when you kinda look forward to something going wrong, just so you can fix it. :lol2:

flatlander757
07-08-2005, 02:19 AM
also, i forgot to mention that i dont use a wire brush to clean my wheels, i find that they fling dookey all over the body and fenders... i scrub every wheel by hand with some cheap rags from walmart. works very well, they shine like crazy :grinyes: it takes about 15+min per wheel but its worth it. my parents think im crazy.

SeXy_AnGeL
07-08-2005, 04:54 PM
I was that way once...but with Shelia...its different, for some reason, she doesn't scream "drive me" she screams "please remember to put gas in me and we'll be just fine"

Oz
07-08-2005, 10:31 PM
:lol2:

Oz
07-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I'm with Kate. Fuck that. It goes to a good hand carwash where I used to work and gets the best treatment for a decent price (including hand polish) about once every two weeks.

Except I parked under a tree which leaked sap all over the fucking bonnet and now it has tufts of cat fur, bird feathers and birt shit glued to it.

So it has to go again today. Fuckers.

Love driving it though, really looking forward to driving it when it gets it's full service and new pirelli's, and a better stereo.

sidewayzS13
07-08-2005, 11:12 PM
im not to concerned w/ cleaning my car just driving it. i will sit and admire my car though like you all said but ill admire it clean or dirty

hks_kansei
07-09-2005, 03:46 AM
whenever i wash my car something new breaks..........

but i dont care, i fix it and keep going.

i actually enjoy buying really rooted cars, so i can restore them and feel i really had a part in it's life.

Raz_Kaz
07-10-2005, 01:05 PM
Well I guess it must be that everytime I wash the car it looks brand new again and most of us know exactly what that new car feeling is like.
I'll have something new to be obsessed with once I get the oppurtunity to modify the car...until then every wash and drive will be my gift and curse.

WickedNYCowboy
07-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Nope. I love my camry but i really hate it sometimes.

Add your comment to this topic!