Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dear Honda Owners...

ImportsSuck
07-06-2005, 11:06 PM
Dear Honda owners,
I don't want to race you.

That's right, I'm un-interested in trying to challenge you and your faux supercar in a drag race between stoplights downtown. I don't know why you all feel the need to glare at me while the light is red. You don't have to change your grip on the steering wheel like its a pair of motorcycle handlebars, either. You especially don't need to rev your four-cylinder with its loud exhaust system because you might tempt me to want to race you.

I don't.

What really gets me, though, is with the abundance of similarly craptastic hondas out there, why do you want to race me? The way I figure it, you want to race everything in sight. My Jeep has less than 200 horsepower and the aerodynamics of a barn. However, I suppose the near-verticle air dam which is my windshield isn't neccesarily discouraging to someone who puts a god-damn wing on the back of a front wheel drive car. More downforce for the rear wheels then, eh? That way you can accelerate faster, right? Great work, dipshit.

But seriously. I don't get it. I don't ask you to go drive trails with me. I don't wave and say 'lets go haul ass through a mud pit'. Sure, I spend about as much time off pavement as you do on the track, but at least I can tell the difference between a race car and a 4x4. Does my Jeep look like a challenge or something? Do you and your honda friends get together and say 'Dood! I just beat that Jeep with the big tires and low gears! I'm so fast!'

The way I figure it, your car sucks so much, you can't beat any of the other Hondas, and sure as hell don't want to admit defeat. Instead of buying a genuinely fast car, you choose to get your rocks off racing easy vehicles in your piece of shit. Way to go, badass! I'm proud of you! Why don't we get together and beat up some kids later. I'll let you sucker punch a baby. It will be hard core.

Seriously, though. Please, please, the next time you see me, or any other non-challenging vehicle at a light, don't antagonize them and encourage them to 'race.' Instead, pull your head our of your ass, and realize that your hatchback is probably faster than a minivan, delivery truck, recreational vehicle, bicycle, u-haul, and other similar underpowered non/aerodynamic vehicles. Oh, and don't forget, you're probably faster than me, too.

Go play some more Gran Turismo, and quit being a jackass.

Thank you.

CivicSpoon
07-06-2005, 11:51 PM
You're making generalization. What if I said all domestic car owners are red kneck hicks, would it be true? Of course not. Just because you live near a bunch of jackass kids who don't have a clue about what the fuck they are talking about, doesn't mean that every Honda owner is like that. I drive a '94 Civic and don't go more than 3mph over the speed limit (unless I'm on the highway and in a hurry). I also don't ever try to race anyone in my unmodified car. I've been rev'd on by Cavaliers, Neons, Mustangs, and a Lotus; guess how I reacted...I didn't even acknowledge them. Not every Honda (or Civic) owner is a jackass, that's a generalization. But if you say all Hondas are slow, then you're sadly mistaken. With the exception of the S2000 (which is "quick", not "fast") almost any Honda can be fast; if heavily modified. The majority of Hondas are exactly as advertised; reliable, good on gas, and economical. Any one with intelligence knows that a stock Civic is slow as shit, but so are a lot of domestic and other import cars. If you've got a problem with the ricer Honda drivers in your area, then grow some balls and say something to THEM. It'd be more productive than coming on a forum anonymously and talking shit to a bunch of people who don't even live in your area. Clearly you're jsut as stupid as the losers you're bitching about.

illegal_eagle187
07-06-2005, 11:59 PM
i say :banhim:

jcrx
07-07-2005, 05:47 AM
I wouldn't race, I'd cave your head in with a hammer and help cleanse the genepool.

kthanx drive thru.

Ace$nyper
07-07-2005, 09:46 AM
wow you took that break up hard didn't you..

I never said I love you I just let you suck me off in an alley.

zerocrxsi
07-07-2005, 11:11 AM
what an ass munch........probably has a mullet........

Gohan Ryu
07-07-2005, 02:28 PM
I don't think anyone is trying to race you, I think they're just trying to get around your slow Jeep. After they pass you do they flash their hazards or do they keep driving past you, because maybe they're just driving faster than you and don't want to be stuck behind you? When I blow past guys who are driving slow it sounds like I'm racing because my exhaust is loud, but in reality I'm at like 1/4 or 1/2 throttle.

Also, is this a repost? I think I remember reading this same stupid thread about a month ago?

V T E C H
07-07-2005, 04:18 PM
wow...

AudioGuy93DelSol
07-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Here ya go, big, bad ImportsSuck

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTk0NzUxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Some Johnson & Johnson "No More Tears" Just what you need to quit bitching. Enjoy.

zerocrxsi
07-08-2005, 12:42 AM
importsuck= :crying:

me= :lol: :biggrin2:

jcrx
07-08-2005, 03:06 AM
I just farted, oops, sorry, that was my exhaust nevermind.

DVS LT1
07-08-2005, 02:14 PM

LOL! - I don't know why but it took me a moment to collect myself off the floor and stop crying after reading that... :iceslolan :loser:

Okay then... (breath...) this is obviously another I hate imports thread posted by some dumb newb. You know, everyone has their own beef or bias towards cars. I like and dislike certain aspects about cars but I won’t post another "this is what I don't like" thread because frankly posing a question like that only incites immaturity and scorn, and secondly, I'm tired of doing that! (Ha, maybe I’m getting too old???)

Anyway, since this tool already started it up and considering that the backlash of feedback appears (to me) to be quite mature and civil (we all know this is just another dumb newb), I'm going to try relate an issue and pose a question which is (hopefully) more worthwhile that the original waste of letters.

So here is my issue; please share your thoughts:

What really, REALLY bothers me is when people use their loud exhaust tones to blast other people’s ears off as they pass them. Now I am generalizing as well as biased if I say its only young Civic, Integra, Prelude guys do this (because if a guy in a Vette or Stang does it its music to my ears), but for the most part in my area it is the younger dudes in their huge exhast-ed econo boxes or “sporty” cars that are doing this, and in epidemic proportions. I’m talking about the guys who stay close and keep up with you, in a higher gear, and then when you slow down to make a turn they drop it into a low gear and blast you in the ear as they drive off… some of these chumps will even do it in the opposite direction – you’ll be going one way just as the light goes green and the guy going the other way will start up normal and as soon as he gets lined up with your open window its WOT in the ear.

Does anyone else experience this or know what I mean (or do it themselves – fuckers! LOL). If yes to any/all, answer me this if you can… when people illicit this kind of behaviour are they doing it to show off their car and/or exhaust tone, OR, and they doing it to deliberately offend and anger drivers? I honestly cannot figure this one out. There’s been times when I’m in my 12 year old Subaru beater (quick little bastard for a 110hp 1.8 eh) and a guy in a newer econo box car with huge exhaust will pace me, buzzing away, will slow down when I try to let him go and speed up when I try to lose him, and then scream that motor by as I finally turn off… then there’s times when I’m cruising at night in my Z minding my own business and a guy will be cruising around me – we may line up at a light or he may pass me cruising and I’ll know he definitely doesn’t want to race, and then it’ll be time for me to turn off and sure enough I’ll get to hear that exhaust blasting me in the side of the head as he goes by.

One time I was cruising nice ‘n quiet me and this Prelude – totally minding our own business and I knew this guy wasn’t out to play – and he fucking rattled my cage so loud just as I signaled and slowed down to turn! I tore up beside that cock sucker's door so fast and started yelling shit at him (what you want to race, you call that exhaust, blah blah)… then I held gear at about 5000 RPM with the ass of my car right beside him, keeping it positioned as he changed lanes, tried to accelerate away – I made sure I got in front of him at the next light, and when it went green I made that little shit wait behind me (wanted the other cars to move along), and just as went to go into the other lane I let it rip and kicked up as much smoke and stone as I could.

Talk about flying off the handle, I know. But this guy totally shocked me – and why? Because he couldn’t or didn’t want to race? I know he didn’t want to, and I in no way tried to push or taunt him. He just freakin blasted me in the ear man! I still can’t figure what that was all about (I tried to ask, albeit yelling)… was he just showing off when he went by or did he want to piss me off? If he meant to it bloody worked. :confused:

Anyways, AF people, have you experienced this kind of phenomenon? What is it – showing off or trying to anger people. We could practically branch either answer off into separate threads but I just want to get a consensus.

crv-tec
07-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by zerocrxsi

LOL! - I don't know why but it took me a moment to collect myself off the floor and stop crying after reading that... :iceslolan :loser:

Well, you drive a camero, maybe its because your mullets growing stale?

CivicSpoon
07-08-2005, 03:40 PM
With that comment, you're not proving to be any better than the original starter of the thread.

DVS LT1 - To answer your question, it's to show off. My friend does it all the time to any car on the street that should be fast (mustangs, camaros, Evos, vettes, etc). He'll drop down a gear, rev it hard, and then crack his BOV. All I do is sit there and shake my head like this :disappoin. Even if we're driving along and he sees some hot girl, he'll do it too. It's all for getting people to look over. Or if someone is doing it on the side of you, then it's more than likely they want to try and race. But in my area it's mostly kids in Cavaliers who do it. I just ignore it and slow down if they're riding my ass (slamming on the brakes occasionally helps too :D).

DVS LT1
07-08-2005, 03:49 PM

Well its definitely going grey, that's kinda the same thing right? :smooch:

I guess you want me to come back with something stupid now eh...

K ready?

Ah-hem...

... naaa (shit, I am getting old) :slap:

HoNdAgUrUecp
07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Street racing is for loosers anyways who want to show off mommy and daddys money spent. Get a real life and a good scense of taste. Get a Import. lol

DVS LT1
07-08-2005, 03:57 PM
But in my area it's mostly kids in Cavaliers who do it.

I am so biased against imports because you're right - its also kids in Sunfires, or those fucking Cavaliers with the look-a-like SS ram air hood... any little car with a huge and LOUD freakin exhaust!

I try not to boot around WOT as much as possible (mind you gas is an issue I have that you don't) just to spare people agony, especially older folks. If I do line up with someone in traffic well then oops too bad but thats the only reason and everyone around is getting an earfull. But these other guys who target specific cars to get close to and then zip off... :rolleyes:

HoNdAgUrUecp
07-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Thats true. There are more and more domestics trying to get that sport compacts look. There area a few out there that are doing a good job, but i would have to agree with you lt1. For the most part there all doing the same lame upgrades. They need to find aftermarket places that sell other parts rather then going to there local stores ordering shit from jegs. and other usa brand manufactures.

MexSiR
07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
You took all that time to bash Hondas, writing a single space page.

You have no life motherfucker. Go play with yourself bitch, and leave people alone.

When you are mature (probably never) you are going to understand that nothing in this life is better or worse, just different.

Ill end this with a fuck you, with a have a nice day.

crv-tec
07-09-2005, 01:57 PM
Dear Honda owners,
I don't want to race you.

That's right, I'm un-interested in trying to challenge you and your faux supercar in a drag race between stoplights downtown. I don't know why you all feel the need to glare at me while the light is red. You don't have to change your grip on the steering wheel like its a pair of motorcycle handlebars, either. You especially don't need to rev your four-cylinder with its loud exhaust system because you might tempt me to want to race you.

I don't.

What really gets me, though, is with the abundance of similarly craptastic hondas out there, why do you want to race me? The way I figure it, you want to race everything in sight. My Jeep has less than 200 horsepower and the aerodynamics of a barn. However, I suppose the near-verticle air dam which is my windshield isn't neccesarily discouraging to someone who puts a god-damn wing on the back of a front wheel drive car. More downforce for the rear wheels then, eh? That way you can accelerate faster, right? Great work, dipshit.

But seriously. I don't get it. I don't ask you to go drive trails with me. I don't wave and say 'lets go haul ass through a mud pit'. Sure, I spend about as much time off pavement as you do on the track, but at least I can tell the difference between a race car and a 4x4. Does my Jeep look like a challenge or something? Do you and your honda friends get together and say 'Dood! I just beat that Jeep with the big tires and low gears! I'm so fast!'

The way I figure it, your car sucks so much, you can't beat any of the other Hondas, and sure as hell don't want to admit defeat. Instead of buying a genuinely fast car, you choose to get your rocks off racing easy vehicles in your piece of shit. Way to go, badass! I'm proud of you! Why don't we get together and beat up some kids later. I'll let you sucker punch a baby. It will be hard core.

Seriously, though. Please, please, the next time you see me, or any other non-challenging vehicle at a light, don't antagonize them and encourage them to 'race.' Instead, pull your head our of your ass, and realize that your hatchback is probably faster than a minivan, delivery truck, recreational vehicle, bicycle, u-haul, and other similar underpowered non/aerodynamic vehicles. Oh, and don't forget, you're probably faster than me, too.

Go play some more Gran Turismo, and quit being a jackass.

Thank you.

My offical response to this:

Dear everybody esle on the road:

Get out of my way.

Thank you and please remember to get out of my way

pimprolla112
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
He was just mad that his big bad ass muscle car got its ass handed to it by a 1.6l. JK. Seriously why waste everyones time to bich about how people keep trying to race you in a jeep, it might be that he tried racing one once and found out that a jeep has no power when it comes to racing on the road, and im not dissin jeep badass when it comes to 4x4. Lt1 yeah sunfires and cavs are annoying as shit at least down here its mainly girls who try to hook them up with the few guys who think its cool to race a girls car, cant bitch about them to much my girl has one but anyways there gay. but anyways looks like he bitched out.

Demonhunter
07-11-2005, 03:12 AM
I didnt plan on posting here....but after being antagonized in the domestic part of the forums bby import drivers...what the hell.

Im just curious why most every import driver says that anyone who drives a domestic has a mullet? I guess thats the view of the suburban ricer? that anyone that doesnt drive a econobox is a hillbilly?
Probably not. Probably just a cut down for lack of a more intelligent comeback.

I like some import cars. I do. I hate the tastless crap that most teens are creating these days. Remember, domestics are your daddys. without past domestics there might not be a drag strip to go to. Or a SCTA....unfortunatlly we couldnt stop the insanity that everyone must deal with today. Enjoy your cars. Make them fast....that means make them move fast , not look fast and sound like crap. Enjoy them but enough with the ridiculous body kits and ugly ass colors.

I did all this without directly attacking anyone on here. I didnt curse at anyone, nor name calling. PLease reply back with a decent response.

zerocrxsi
07-11-2005, 10:02 AM
I didnt plan on posting here....but after being antagonized in the domestic part of the forums bby import drivers...what the hell.

Im just curious why most every import driver says that anyone who drives a domestic has a mullet? I guess thats the view of the suburban ricer? that anyone that doesnt drive a econobox is a hillbilly?

I like some import cars. I do. I hate the tastless crap that most teens are creating these days. Remember, domestics are your daddys. without past domestics there might not be a drag strip to go to. Or a SCTA....unfortunatlly we couldnt stop the insanity that everyone must deal with today. Enjoy your cars. Make them fast....that means make them move fast , not look fast and sound like crap. Enjoy them but enough with the ridiculous body kits and ugly ass colors.

I did all this without directly attacking anyone on here. I didnt curse at anyone, nor name calling. PLease reply back with a decent response.

dont git ur overalls in a bunch it was only a joke........hank hill....

slow_99integra
07-11-2005, 12:17 PM
This whole post is lame. i am a ricer, but i like to think of myself as not the typical...i have $8000 in my 99 integra all engine and suspension...my parents never gave me anything, but grief about my integra. I DO NOT RACE STOP LIGHT TO STOP LIGHT, and mostly save racing for the track, or highway. Anything else is just bad driving. Please tell me why we all hate each other, and eyeball other ricers. And try to race minivans and station wagons? Why? Why? My point exactly we ARE ALL NOT THE SAME.

Shpyder
07-11-2005, 01:18 PM
I let some of my friends ocassionally drive my spyder, and I always want them to floor it. The usual response is "holy shit thats fast", which is always nice to hear, since I almost never, ever drive fast on the road.

Since I don't ever road race, spooling noises and BOV salutes keep me heavily entertained, and I won't lie to you, I'll release throttle just to scare people sometimes. It's especially fun when you're in a tunnel! I won't pick on the elderly, the baby boomers in a minivan, or some poor chump driving an 88 Volvo who reminds me of my own misery a few years ago. I tend to do it near other modded imports or domestics, who might appreciate the showing-off.

There are two reactions. The first is usually "WTF is that!?" and they stare at the car trying to make sense out of what the loud whistle was. This is usually the non-turbo crowd. The second reaction, is usually a thumbs up and a grin, and perhaps a BOV salute of their own, from the turbo-people.

So yeah, do it with a friendly smile and a grin, people wan't mistake it for arrogance and ego, like youre a bad ass. The situation becomes one of "hey, I mod my car, just looking for props for my style and hardwork on my ride, heres an exhaust note or a BOV slaute for you". That entices a grin and a nod from the people next to you, usually. If you pull it off the wrong way, looking straight ahead, no contact, rock hard face like youre mafia, uh....no. People are going to think "fucking jerk, fuck you and your car." That's basically psych on the road, it has always held up true in every situation I've been in.

And no, I don't fuck around with barn-aerodynamic SUVs either. Street racing kills. Racelegal.com for us San Diegans here ;)

Ace$nyper
07-12-2005, 12:02 PM

well made post but its simple bunch of moron kids give us a bad name when the v-8 = god hicks give you a bad name. I happen to have both kinds and love them all myself but some is just some fun comptive teasing.

There are tons of real good people in the car world and handful of jerks give big groups a bad name.

KrNxRaCer00
07-12-2005, 02:58 PM
great thread...

banned/closed.

Add your comment to this topic!