Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new 05 xterra

petesteck
07-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Anybody care to tell me how much they paid for their new 4x4 SE 05 xterra? ...about to buy one! My first 4x4 !!

logixrat
08-07-2005, 01:52 AM
We worked a deal tonight on an S model, 4x2, utility package, power package and a few other goodies. Sticker was $24,630. Our buy price was $22,300 which included some extra money for them to use their locator service and drive/swap out for our vehicle. We wanted solar yellow, and there isn't one in town.

kokopop
08-07-2005, 06:04 PM
On Saturday I drove home an Offroad 4x4 6-Speed with the utility pack, rubber mats, carpeted mats(Not sure why you would include both?) , cabin filter, compass, splash guards, protection package, and retractable cargo cover. MSRP was $27,200, invoice was $25,215 and I paid $24,900. Dealers are getting $1000 cash back on xterra's right now.

logixrat
08-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Good point about the $1,000 cash to the dealers. It's called marketing support and it's valid from 8/2 to 8/31. You should visit the following website and print out a copy of the information prior to negotiating. Of course, it's up to the specific dealer to share the cash w/ you since technically it's THEIR money. Not all of them will, or sometimes they just give a portion.

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=2&modelId=100503990&setzip=74055&state=OK&tid=edmunds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.2.2.Nissa n*

KB in Minnesota
08-08-2005, 01:25 AM
I just picked up my new SE 4x4 on 8/3 and loving it. In the end, I got it for $615 below invoice. Too bad I missed out on the $500 rebate offer that expired 8/1, but what the heck!

Comments - would have liked the supplemental air bags, but no ones got them (at least in my area). The Canteen color is also pretty hard to find in a specfic model/configuration. I contacted Nissan about and they told it was discontinued. You can't select it any more on the Nissan "build your own" web site.

KB

kokopop
08-08-2005, 07:19 AM
I found that if you email a dealership and talk with the Internet Sales manager you will get a much better deal. This is the second car I bought this way and both times it worked out for the better.

logixrat
08-08-2005, 05:14 PM
It largely depends on the dealerships. Some are still very primitive and just use their internet department to lure you in so they can play ball the traditional way.

Once you know exactly what you want, I suggest contacting multiple local dealers and also a few dealers within a distance you are willing to drive. I actually drove 300 miles to buy my Jeep Wrangler, but saved about $2k doing so.

Drevi1
08-20-2005, 06:34 PM
are prices you just said with tax, tag, title or just what price you were given after bargaining?

kokopop
08-22-2005, 07:45 AM
The price I quote was without Tax and Title. In NJ we have 6% tax and a couple hundred for title and misc. crap.

USMC XTERRA
10-23-2005, 09:31 AM
I paid about the same as everyone else here. But who knows I had a trade. I do know that I love it! It's just the thing for me, fits right into my lifestyle.
I used to work at a dealer and I now for a fact all deals are good deals.... for the DEALER! What's important is what you get after that in the way of service. So far I would rate mine at 100% I aske them to do like impossible thinks all the time and they get it done. They even changed out my recall hitch in less than 24 Hours by buying an aftermarket Hidden Hitch. Service AFTER the sale is priceless. I bought there cause it's was closest to home, and the salesman didn't Badger me.
That's always a plus. Prior to that I lest about 30 dealerships.
Mike

Add your comment to this topic!