Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Doors open unexpectedly on Town & Country

AL061160
07-02-2005, 10:07 PM
As I was driving about a quarter mile from starting, the hatch of my T & C Touring suddenly opened. As I pulled over, intending to close the hatch, the right rear sliding door opened.

Has this happened to you? I called my local dealer day before yesterday and have not heard back.

AL061160

B33p3r
07-04-2005, 08:29 AM
Call the dealer again and tell them if you don't hear from them within 24 hours, your next call will be to the newspaper to warn other folks of this danger!

Mrbizness1
07-04-2005, 07:58 PM
What year vehicle is this?
I could see a short unlocking the doors, but how could they become unlatched and opened up without help. My vans rear hatch and sliders have a safety to prevent opening without pulling on the handle. I can't close my sliders if they are fully opened unless I pull the handle out on the outside or push a button on the inside.
Maybe the last person to leave the vehicle didn't close then all the way.

eldiablo1100
07-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Call the dealer again and tell them if you don't hear from them within 24 hours, your next call will be to the newspaper to warn other folks of this danger!

some of the late models have power opening sliding doors and power opening hatch, where you can just press a button and it'll open itself

Add your comment to this topic!