Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 S2K vs 2004 GTO 6spd

ArideII
06-26-2005, 07:36 AM
It has been a while since I posted on here. Best race I have had in a while is with my friends '04 6spd GTO. We ran twice from 60.

The first one was pretty much dead even, I pulled very slightly up to about 100 when he started pulling on me. This run was without the Nitrous. And to 120 he ended up putting 3/4 of a car on me. My gears allow me to keep up with Mid 13 second cars to 100 or so.

Second run I ran him with my nitrous and proceeded to put 4.5 car lengths on him to 120. Not bad. This thing is becoming a very fast S2000.

I haven't ran the 1/4 with it yet. I want to get an MSD Window switch before I do that so I can floor it on the launch with out spraying immediately(current set up doesn't allow for this). But I should be running 12.9 - 13.1 at about 108 or 109 mph.

My mods are in the signature.

exman98
06-26-2005, 12:52 PM
cool,
the GTO is a fast car. i hear they are only making them faster now too.

zerocrxsi
06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
i heard pontiac is going out of business do to poor sales

Ace$nyper
06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
cool,
the GTO is a fast car. i hear they are only making them faster now too.
yes the LS2 in them will make them quite potent.
good run just watch out for the new ones.

Rampart Crawler
06-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Nice run. Those things aren't any LS1 Fbody, but they still run strong, stock. No S2k, 350Z, RX8, Mustang GT( might hang well), or what have you will be able to take it, stock for stock. If you mess with the new 400hp version, get ready to be toast.(even if it is a boat)

I'll probably own one when I get out of school. They are nowhere near a s good looking as an S2K or 350Z, but they pack a mean punch for $20k with low miles, or low-mid $20K range, new. Beautiful interiors, too. Hard to pass up, if you ask me.

I was at a classic car show held by the local Chevy dealer, when a female sales associate from the Pontiac dealer across the street was fed up with all of the traffic when she was trying to get out of the lot. When she finally made it out of the lot, she put the pedal down to an '04 GTO all of the way down their privately owned road(co-owed by both dealers). Damn, that thing sounded nice. Almost everyone at the car show with their big block and small block muscle cars stopped to watch the show she put on.

Ever since then, I have been hooked on them.

nastyNater
08-16-2005, 02:41 AM
[QUOTE=Rampart Crawler]Nice run. Mustang GT( might hang well),

He just LOVES GT's...he thinks they are invincible.

lamehonda
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
LOL. He just said they weren't.

nastyNater
08-19-2005, 01:17 PM
LOL. He just said they weren't.

Yah I know. Modded S2000 would dip on all of teh above in teh twisties.

nastyNater
08-19-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry kinda off topic i know.

BLU CIVIC
08-19-2005, 01:20 PM

was waiting for a comment like that :p

Ace$nyper
08-19-2005, 03:18 PM

oh hey! The s2000 called, he said if your on his nuts might as well make yourself useful.

last auto X I seemed to eat most all of them up with ease and i'm still on a DOT tire

nastyNater
08-19-2005, 11:56 PM
oh hey! The s2000 called, he said if your on his nuts might as well make yourself useful.

last auto X I seemed to eat most all of them up with ease and i'm still on a DOT tire

With a hatchback w/ an engine swap? What are the mods done to it? you better have some suspension work done. I think the smell of S2000 exhaust has made you delerious.

Ace$nyper
08-20-2005, 02:20 PM
With a hatchback w/ an engine swap? What are the mods done to it? you better have some suspension work done. I think the smell of S2000 exhaust has made you delerious.
:sly:

my car is a track whore I built it for that alone with very little thought into the fact it was my daily driver still has A/C even with a B swap and header :)

Its far from godly I know that, trust me i'm very much so my own harshest critic I've heard holy shit thats fast cool etc and I simply shrug. The car despratly needs an Quaife and to run R compounds at all times. Along with 50 or so other things but I am after prefection.

If you really want a mod list i'll type one out but simply put more then enough to beat down a honda gokart with a drop top in a straight line or around some cones.

FYI: b16 4g I/E with ys1 tranny normally takes a s2k out even more on highway but also at strip.

nastyNater
08-24-2005, 01:57 AM
:sly:

FYI: b16 4g I/E with ys1 tranny normally takes a s2k out even more on highway but also at strip.

define "highway".

Ace$nyper
08-25-2005, 11:24 AM
define "highway".
I would define highway the same way websters does.

the jist of it being a large highly traveled road normally many lanes often traveled at high speeds compared to less traveled and used roads.

I 95 is a highway route 66 is a highway *breaks out old tom petty beat* life is a highway. ...

nastyNater
08-25-2005, 11:58 AM
I would define highway the same way websters does.

the jist of it being a large highly traveled road normally many lanes often traveled at high speeds compared to less traveled and used roads.

I 95 is a highway route 66 is a highway *breaks out old tom petty beat* life is a highway. ...

omg you sound like my dad......scary.....

I wouldn't brag about being "powered" by honda 4 life either it just means you'll never break out of the 14s.

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! funniest shit ive ever laid eyes on.....how true

Add your comment to this topic!