Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mystique/contour 95-97 check engine light

hhmoca
06-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I have been reading threds in this forum about ford contour/mercury mystique check engine light. I recently had this problem, where the light would come on and off. Sometimes staying on for a while. The car however, ran fine, except after a few days having this problem, the engine ran faster when I first started it. Every once in a while, the car hesitated slightly on take off. The light did not come until the car shifted into second gear (auto transmission). It turned out to be the airflow sensor, code 158. Autozone did the checking for me. The connector on the 95 mistique in not under the dashboard, but inside the hood compartment, driver's side on the back. I hope this can help someone else out there.

AAandHT
06-18-2005, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the info on the connector, I got to get my mom's checked. The check engine light seems to come on in the same spot on this highway when the car is in 5th. Or between 63-65MPH or at 73MPH.

Also the coolant light comes on at start up and stays on for 5 min, then goes off. There is enough coolant in the car. Anyone have this problem

beyondloadedSE
06-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Fill the coolant above the full line. Typically if you park the car on an incline, the light will come on when you start up the car and stay there for a few mins like you said.

Add your comment to this topic!