Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A little Help with interior Paint

supratuner89
06-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Hello Guys
Man its been a while since ive been up here.
Ok i need a liitle help with mu H2 project.
I'm painting the exterior Sapphire Blue.
The interior is going to be black with Blue insets (maybe white piping)
Already did the interior paint but............
i want it to look like it came from the Maisto factory in the colors that i chose.
the blue overlaps alitte onto the black and black onto the blue....whole bunch of small problems.
I've taped away some of the parts and tried it and got my best results but still i am not satisfied.
Any suggestions.
Damn its been a while.

supratuner89
06-19-2005, 10:14 PM
hey is anyone going to help me!!!!

nosliw2004
06-19-2005, 11:56 PM
i usually just try to be very careful and if that doesnt work i usually use scotch tape to mask it off

ElRxBandito
06-20-2005, 12:15 AM
Hmm, if you want it to look factory, it's all in the painting technique, using spraypaint, or an airbrush is easiest, just mask what you dont want painted (obviously) and spray from about 1ft-1½ft away, so it just mists on and slowly layers it, it takes time, and needs a few coats, but it looks great. As a matter of fact that's how I do my CF spray pattern. :D

nosliw2004
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
btw my technique is w/ a brush and i use that technique only when doing a two tone interior. for a single tone interior i just use a brush and small bottled paint used for plastic cars

mike@af
06-20-2005, 11:44 AM
Dont ever brush paint things unless they are really small parts. Strip it, re prime, retape, and repaint.

supratuner89
06-21-2005, 12:22 PM
thanks

ClearHooter
06-21-2005, 02:31 PM
I use rubber cement. Paint it on with a brush. You need RC solvent to get it out of the brush however. This can be trimmed with an exacto before airbrushing. It doesn't effect the plastic and is easily removed. DO NOT use it on the soft plastic windshields however. Don't use anything on them but Windex or something similar. They are susceptable to almost everything.

Add your comment to this topic!